X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr. Lang

Tuesday's Selections ... NOTE:
    Disgusting.

To have to sit there and watch the New Orleans Saints give away a cover on Monday night again made me want to throw up.

It is becoming evident that Sean Payton and this current Saints bunch choke big time under the Monday night lights.

Last year they did the same thing to me when I used them on their only Monday night appearance against Tarvaris Jackson and the Minnesota Vikings, and watched in horror as they turned it over 4 times including 2 interceptions by Drew Brees and 11 penalties for over 100 yards in a 30-27 loss.

In that game they somehow figured out a way to be losing 20-10 at the half despite 234 yards of total offense to only 83 for the Vikings.

I'm talking about 6 first half possessions of a TD on their first drive, a 46 yard field goal blocked for TD by the Vikings on their 2nd drive, a FG on their 3rd drive after a 3rd and 1 holding call at the Vikings 17, a fumble by Brees at his own 25 on the 4th drive, a Bush fumble at the Vikings 30 on the 5th drive.

The cherry on top of the sundae was a Brees pick at the Vikings 11 yard line on their 6th and final drive of the first half.

And just like last year they gave away the cover this year with not only 4 more turnovers but after putting up 28 points in the 1st half, their offense takes the 2nd half off by going scoreless in the 3rd quarter.

I'm talking about the best offense in the NFL unable to pick up a pair of 3rd down and 3's, one of which led to a missed 37 yard chip shot field goal.

So again, bend over, grab your ankles today and thank Sean Payton, Drew Brees and the rest of these Saints for screwing everyone on Monday night for the 2nd straight year.

My focus now shifts to weeknight college football where I am the only handicapper on this website who has hit 6 straight sides the last 2 weeks. Check it out folks. THE ONLY ONE.

Tonight I make it 7 straight sides. 7 in a row. We will just leave it at that.

10 DIME - BOWLING GREEN FALCONS - (if line is 3 you buy the 1/2 and get 3 1/2, if line is 2 1/2, you buy the 1/2 and get 3) - Going to side with the road dog tonight.

Buffalo is facing arguably the best QB/Wide Receiver tandem in the country in Tyler Sheehan and the nation's leading receiver in Freddie Barnes, and with a really banged up secondary of Buffalo, the points are without question the way to go.

Am I a little concerned with the rush defense of Bowling Green? You bet I am.

In their last 6 games, the Falcons have given up over 200 yards rushing to 6 straight opponents but the strange thing is the last 2 games they still held Ball State to 17 points and the best team in the MAC Central Michigan to 24.

The problem facing Buffalo is turnovers. 18 total this year forcing only 11. That is how you lose football games here folks. Turnovers.

Buffalo will have chances in this game. I believe they will rely heavily on the run. But as they have all year long, they will turn it over at crucial times and that will be the difference.

It's the Freddie Barnes show on ESPN2 as the country gets a look at the next MAC wide receiver to make it big in the NFL.

Grab Bowling Green +3 1/2

10 DIME - ORLANDO MAGIC - I am going to keep riding this Magic team laying whatever number they put out there.

Tonight they find themselves in Detroit to battle this Pistons team that as we are finding out, is done.

Detroit is off a home loss to Oklahoma City by 8 at home, and at Milwaukee by double digits. Not exactly the Detroit Pistons we all remember now are they?

This Magic team has won all 3 of their games this year by 14, 10 and 9 points covering all 3 and you go back to an 8-0 preseason run winning by an average margin of 18 points an dit's game on here.

I am not a believer in the Pistons, and I believe it's going to be a very long year.

END OF STORY.

Lay the wood with the Magic tonight.

10 DIME - DALLAS MAVERICKS - You start losing at home by double digits to a depleted Houston Rockets team at home and now roll into Dallas on back to back nights, I'm sorry, I don't trust this Jazz team.

They looked terrible last night and now in Dallas the Mavs will take no pity on this team.

The Utah Jazz are on an incredible 0-11 ATS run when they are an underdog of 5 to 10 1/2 points. OUCH.

You add the fact the favorite is 4-0 the last 4 in this series and the home team on a 21-5 ATS run and you can see the only way to go in this game is with the Dallas Mavs at home.

FREE SELECTION - OKLAHOMA CITY THUNDER
    In the land of the dark, the ship of the sun is drivin' by
    The Grateful Dead..........
    "The Egyptian book of the Dead"

Love fading the guy who pound his chest. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
    X