Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie here

Hey everyone!!

Been getting it handed to me on saturdays, but thankfully make it up in NFL and mid week. Been getting a bead on some teams and conferences recently though. Won the over and BG last night and looking to do some damage on Thursday and Friday heading into weekend.

Thursday night games.

I am a MAC graduate myself, and this is one of the tougher conferences to call week to week.

PK- Northern Illinois -21

Eastern cant stop anyone, especially the run. Northern Illinois features a really good ground attack, and at home Dekalb is a tough place to play. Im not worried about Eastern putting up much more than 13 pts here and wouldn't be at all suprised to see Northen Illinois in the 40's which gives me a cover. Givin the points.

PK- Miami of Ohio +17

Everything I have seen would lead me to believe that Temple will cover. However, I think Miami of Ohio has played a lot better of late, only turning the ball over once in their last two game with freshman QB Zac Dysert settling in. This should be a low scoring game that Temple wins, but not by that big of a margin. Take Miami and the points.

PK- East Carolina/Virginia Tech under 52

Looks like the public is swinging the way of the over right now, and the public is often wrong. Neither team is an explosive offense, and both teams like to run the ball which should keep the clock churning. Total may get to 48 or so, but don't see much more. If I had to pick a side, and I am going to stay away from that, I would go East Carolina +13. These two teams have a history of playing close games.

PK- Boise State -21

Boise St is going to be looking to impress people, both those watching and the computers, they need to dominate and I think they will. They beat Tech by 35 last year, and this year Boise St. defense is really rolling. I really cant see Tech getting much more than 10 pts in this game making the 5 touchdowns Boise gets a cover.

GL to everyone!!!

:welcome: And GL to ya fellow MAC Alumnus! :thumbs:
    Miami,OH has been playing great lately and I've cashed in on them.....NIU is not as formidable without Harnish at QB but who's EMU anyway!

I stayed away from UDub and Ucla because of all the Huskies injuries.....
    Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

Yeah the Huskies miss Harnish, but the D is still good enough to hold Eastern, and they absolutely cant run or throw the ball, and cant stop the run, thats why I think the Huskies blow them out. Besides Grady is a running QB and that may actually help them.

Miami of Ohio is getting better.

I am thinking of taking my alma mater WMU and the points against MSU this weekend. I typically don't bet on them, but hey, right now they are getting like 20+ pts depending where you shop. For 2 straight years they have beaten a Big Ten squad in november trying to get bowl eligible.

Another MAC contest I like is the under on the Kent/Akron game. Two freshman QB's. Kent leads the MAC in sacks. I like Nicely and think he will be a good one though.

Comment

Hi Rollin,

Glad you found us. You make strong points on all accounts.

We love people who post their reasoning for making a pick. Good stuff!
        Delivering previews and picks to your computer 365/days a year!

Comment

welcome....:thumbs:...remember, loogi no come from throat, must come from soul....:thumbs:
          I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

so....

3-0 on thursday night football. Off to a great start. Unless a miracle happens in these games. I got Miami, Northern Illinois, and the under in the Va Tech game coming through.

Follow at your own risk, but I will have 10 lines up later I like.

As well as 10 over/unders.

Comment

Hi Rollin... Welcome looks good so far:thumbs:
              Ya gotta look out for #1 or your gonna step in #2
              -Rodney Dangerfield

Comment

Thanks, man 5-0 this week so far. Need it with the way college football has been, but feel like I have a good feel right now. Hopefully Boise cashes me again tomorrow night, and like I said I may have 10 I like up tonight or tomorrow sometime.

Good luck

Comment

Working...
                X