• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lang

B Lang

Friday's Selections ...
    NOTE:
    Saw the interception coming.

Pinkney was terrible for East Carolina all night as was the offensive play calling. I mean, if V'Tech is continually coming with all out blitzes and playing man-to-man behind it, how about a QB draw, slip screen or even a roll out away from pressure?

Nope, nothing. Just left Pinkney out to dry.

Of course it didn't help having 2 fumbles inside the V'tech 20 yard line either. I said in my analysis the only way East Carolina wouldn't win outright, or cover was to lose the battle of turnovers and that is exactly what they did.

Oh well, although the game fell right on the number of 13 thus making it a push unless you waited until late in the afternoon to place your wager, to me it still feels like a loss do to the fact of how well East Carolina's defense played, they should have covered the number easy.

No worries. Back on the saddle tonight with weeknight college winner # 8 in a row. That ridiculous push last night will not stop me from getting # 8 in a row. I am getting it tonight.

Let's roll.

15 DIME - BOISE STATE BRONCOS - Going to lay the wood tonight.

In pulling the trigger on this 21 point spread, I just kept coming back to a pair of games that get me on Boise State tonight. It's their 2 battles on the road versus Fresno State and Bowling Green.

At Bowling Green, against the 3rd best passing offense in the country and the leading receiver in the country in Freddie Barnes, Boise flat out destroyed the Falcons to the tune of 49-14.

At Fresno State, against the 5th best rushing attack in the country and 37th best offense overall, they managed to win that game 51-34.

So against 2 teams with top 10 rushing and passing attacks in the country they won by margins of 17 and 35.

Yes, La-Tech has a much better defense than both Fresno and Bowling Green, but it's a defense that has never matched up with Boise State year in and year out.

The last 5 meeting have all been Boise State blowouts by an average margin of 29 points.

Now this year's version of Boise State offensivley is average over 41 points a game and in my mind, they will get to the magical number of 45 which I feel is what they are going to have to get to so they can cover this number.

This is a tired bunch of players at La-Tech.

They traveled across country to Utah State and lost a heartbreaker 23-21. They went back home only to fly cross country again to take on Idaho and lost another heartbreaker 35-34, because their moron of a place kicker missed an extra point on their last TD.

Now back home, with a ton of injuries at key positions across the board, they take on a Broncos team that in front of a national tv audience and BCS implications, will be motivated to take care of business in a very big way.

Can La-Tech play great and cover this number? You bet they can but in no way, shape or form are they the right side of this game.

The Tech offense is going to have to make plays in this football game. An offense ranked 39th running it, 81st passing it. An offense facing a Boise defense ranked 11th in the country stopping the run and the 10th best defense overall.

Tech will not be able to run it. If they are going to cover this number they are going to have to throw and when that happens, you can count on turnovers, of which Boise has forced 19 this year, good for 20th in the country.

Boise hired a PR firm to help them with this BCS mess and if they don't step up tonight and hammer a complete inferior opponent in front of a national tv audience, no PR firm will be able to help them.

They need to dominate this team. Hammer this team. Leave no doubt versus this team. Basically they need to do to this team what they have always done to this team. BLOW THEM OUT.

I will tip my cap to Louisiana Tech if they play great football for 60 minutes and cover this number but for my dollar, I am not going to be on the wong side of a Broncos blowout tonight. NO WAY.

I see Boise State winning this game by 4 touchdowns.

5 DIME - CHARLOTTE BOBCATS - Great spot for the Bobcats against the Hawks tonight.

Atlanta comes into this game off a 3-game west coast road trip, and I expect them to be a step slow tonight against a fired up Bobcats team tonight.

People don't understand what it is like traveling to the west coast, playing 3 games out there and now traveling back east playing their 4th game in 6 nights, early in the season or not, jet lag is jet lag.

Charlotte is playing better since their opening night loss to the Celtics in a game they got beat 92-59.

They have won 2 of their last 3 SU but covering all 3 against the Knicks, Cavs and Nets. Now as a small home dog versus the Hawks, I like their defense in this spot.

They have covered 17 of their last 23 games at home and considering how good a defense they are playing, I love them catching this number in a game I feel they win outright.

Grab the small puppy Charlotte Bobcats tonight.

5 DIME - DENVER NUGGETS - Love the Nuggets.

They are undefeated at 5-0 while covering 4 of their first 5. The only game they didn't cover was a 10 1/2 number at home winning by 10 over Memphis.

There little journey through the Eastern Conference has seen them cover both games over Indiana and New Jersey by 18 and 28 points respectively.

The New Jersey game is a perfect example as to how good this team can be when they want to turn it on. Trailing by 1 at the half, they came out in the 2nd half and outscored the Nets by 18 points in the 3rd putting the game away.

At a perfect 3-0 SU and ATS on the road this year, I like them to have their focus from the opening tip versus D'wade and the Heat and win this one from wire to wire.

I expect a playoff atmosphere in Miami tonight and in an enviorment like that, I like the more balanced team from top to bottom, the Denver Nuggets.
    In the land of the dark, the ship of the sun is drivin' by
    The Grateful Dead..........
    "The Egyptian book of the Dead"

hey deadhead... thanks for posting lang's mess, but do we have any sort of official record ??

thanks bud!
    NFL 17: 45-47-2 // 48.91% // -10.12
    MMA: 247-332-2 // 42.66% // -6.04
    MLB 17: 151-140-8 // 51.89% // +5.65 ROR // +42.13
    NCAAF 17: 63-49-2 // 56.25% // +6.80
    Updated on 01/13/18
    ---
    One of my 2018 resolutions: no more action gambling.

Comment

This was posted by JACKETS_FAN about a week ago

I have no idea if this is accurate, but I saw this on another board:

LANG 2009: 344-390-11, -1102.5 Dimes

Lang By Month:

January: +61.5 Dimes

February: -170 Dimes

March: +14.5 Dimes

April: -308.5 Dimes

May: -13.5 Dimes

June: -81.25 Dimes

July: +17 Dimes