Lang

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lang

10 DIME - BUFFALO BULLS - There will be no quit in Turner Gill's squad tonight.

First of all, this line is coming down as people are starting to jump on Ohio in this football game. Jump all you want.

From the outside it looks like Ohio has everything to play for at 6-3, and competing for the MAC East title and a date in the MAC championship game, and has had 10 days to get ready for this game but there is a game they just played that concerns me in this spot here.

3 weeks ago ago at home to Kent State, the Bobcats lost 20-11 mustering up 164 yards total offense against the 56th ranked defense in the country. I'm talking 11 points and 164 total yards here folks.

Now you are facing a defense in Buffalo ranked 55th but this time you are on the road.

Here are other concerns for me in trying to make a case for Ohio in this game.

Against a schedule that features just 2 BCS opponents in UConn and Tennessee with the rest being MAC opponents and Cal Poly, Ohio's offense comes in ranked 93rd running the football, 90th passing all adding up to the 105th total offense out of 120 teams.

Conversely, Buffalo has played Pittsburgh, UTEP, UCF, and the two best teams in the MAC in Temple and Central Michigan, and through a much tougher schedule have managed the 50th best running attack, 35th passing for the 35th best offensive team in the country.

Yes, defensively Ohio is ranked 37th overall to the Bulls 55 but again, in my opinion, Buffalo has played a much tougher schedule. Simple as that.

I am impressed with Ohio's performance at Tennessee but to lay the kind of egg they laid at home to Kent State has me a bit concerned here.

Let's not lose sight of one thing here. Buffalo was one 3rd down conversion away from beating Bowling Green, and they are also one or two plays away from being 7-2. This is fantasitic value with the Bulls tonight.

They have beaten Ohio by double digits the last 2 years, and like I said at the top, there will be no quit in Turner Gill's team tonight. They are on national TV for the 2nd straight week and from a recruiting standpoint, they will take this game as serioius as any game this year.

Finally, it's not out of the question for Buffalo to finish 6-6 and still get a bowl game and I truly believe that will be Gill's mantra besides the fact he will not want to lose back to back home games in the MAC.

I am going against the public line move, with the home team, with the better offense, against a team they have manhandled the last 2 years to win this game and keep their slim bowl hopes alive.

10 dime BUFFALO

FREE SELECTION - OKLAHOMA CITY THUNDER
    In the land of the dark, the ship of the sun is drivin' by
    The Grateful Dead..........
    "The Egyptian book of the Dead"

Damn, I actually liked Buffalo today too. That sucks...
    39-39-2 Plays, 26-25 Leans, System Plays (2-1), Half System Plays (2-4)
    Playoffs 6-4 Plays, 4-1 Leans

43-46 Plays, 24-28 Leans, 4-4 System Plays, 2-0 Half System Plays
    Playoffs 8-4 plays, 1-2 leans, 1-0 Half System Plays

36-29 Plays, 25-31 leans; Playoffs 3-3 Plays, 0-2 leans

18-16-1 Plays, 18-18-1 Leans; Playoffs 6-2 Plays, 0-1 Leans

15-8 plays, 7-6 leans, 2-1 Heavy MLs

Comment

Working...
    X