• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lang

Brandon Lang Thursday's Selections ...

15 DIME - MIAMI-OHIO REDHAWKS

5 DIME - SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS

FREE SELECTION - SOUTH FLORIDA

15 DIME - MIAMI-OHIO REDHAWKS -Let me get this straight.

You are 9-1 SU the last 10 in the series and you are getting 3 1/2 points at home tonight and the underdog has won the last 4 between these rivals? That is good enough for me.

This is a Redhawks team that played two teams currently in the top 10 early in the year with Boise State and Cincinnati, took their lumps early and are a better team right now because of it.

Over the last 5 weeks they stepped up and been competitive in every single game, picking up their first win of the year along the way.

Let's start with the 16-6 loss at Northwestern, the same Northwestern team that just knocked off undefeated Iowa. If that is not convincing enough, let's look at their last 4 games.

Against 3 of the best teams in the league; Ohio, Temple and Northern Illinois, only the Ohio game on the road got out of hand courtesy of 4 Miami-Ohio turnovers. No shame in that seeing as Ohio leads the country in forcing turnovers.

At home to Northern Illnois and at Temple, they were in both games down to the wire, losing 27-22 to NIU, and a heartbreaking 34-32 loss at Temple.

Folks, Northern Illinois will be facing Central Michigan at the end of the year for one half of the MAC crown while Ohio will be battling Temple for the other half to see who faces off in the MAC Championship.

Miami/Ohio is playing their best ball of the entire year right now facing their rival at home getting 3 points.

I am not taking anything away from Bowling Green. They have a great passing attack and Freddie Barnes is a game-changer, but the fact of the matter is I don't think Bowling Green should be laying points to anybody right now.

Miami/Ohio has nothing to lose and playing with a whole lot of confidence and I will roll with them tonight.

5 DIME - SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS - (if 3 1/2 you buy the 1/2 and lay 3. Never get beat by the hook.) - I just don't trust Jay Cutler on the road against anybody right now.

When you are a QB in the NFL and you have no running game to compliment your passing attack, let's just say you are a lamb being led to the slaughter.

That is the problem facing the Bears right now.

You examine the Niners and you will see a 4 game losing streak, but if you look closer you will see losses to Atlanta, Houston, Indy and Arizona.

No shame in that as you might end up seeing all 4 of those teams playing in January. At least 3 for sure with the Texans having an outside shot.

I know the whole world will be on the Niners here but they are without question the right side of this game.

Another huge problem facing the Bears tonight is they can't stop the run, and if you can't stop the run in the NFL, you are not going to win football games. PERIOD.

All the advantages are with the Niners here who I feel are better coached, better running game and a better defense.

I will make the Bears on a short week travel out west and play error free football. I don't think they can and I am pretty darn confident Cutler will figure out a way to implode.

San Francisco is the play.

FREE SELECTION - SOUTH FLORIDA BULLS
    In the land of the dark, the ship of the sun is drivin' by
    The Grateful Dead..........
    "The Egyptian book of the Dead"

Boy now THAT makes me feel a helluva whole lot better knowing LANG :puke: is on the same side as me! Just :fire: me already.......hopefully this is the night that blind squirrel find a nut!
    Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

Working...
    X