X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lang

Brandon Lang 11/13/09

Friday's Selections ...
    NOTE: Guess I knew I was in trouble when Miami-Ohio fumbled the opening kickoff, and less than 2 minutes into the game was down 7-0.

Just can't play catch up all night long when your QB throws 3 interceptions at home. My god. This kid was money on the road at Temple against a defense 3 times better than Bowling Green but as I always say, you can't handicap turnovers and in this case, 5 of them.

Feel good about Temple and the NBA tonight. Feel really good. Just want the winning Friday and the weekend will take care of itself.

Weeknight football run Tuesday thru Friday the last 4 weeks, 9-3-1. Overall football run the last 6 days 10-2 including 4 straight NFL winners. Time to build on that tonight.

Now here is why I love Temple.

15 DIME - TEMPLE OWLS - You give this Temple Owls team a manageable number and they will get it done.

This year they have covered every single number in front of them with exception of two ball games and in those ballgames they were asked to cover double digits.

Laying 14 1/2 at home to Ball State they won by 5, and laying 17 at home to Miami-Ohio they won on the last play of the game 34-32.

Let's talk about that game for a moment.

They were up big 31-13, and had Miami pinned back on their own 11 facing a 2nd and 25. They somehow convert that, move to midfield and once again face an even more horriffic 2nd and 29.

They somehow get it to 4th and 4, and another breakdown in coverage gives Miami a 25 yard TD and following a 3-and-out, Temple's soft prevent allows Miami to go on a 9 play, 62 yard drive, and all of a sudden a 31-13 destruction turns into a 31-26 ballgame.

My feeling is this kind of game couldn't have come at a better time for Temple. With their first ever MAC championship game within their fingertips, I look for a complete renewed focus facing a 2-7 Akron team they should dominate defensively.

Temple runs the football. It's what they do and they have one of the best freshman running backs in the country in Bernard Pierce.

In their 9 games this year Akron's defense has been gashed for over 100 yards in 7 of those 9 games, including Central Michigan for 326, Syracuse for 234 and Northern Illinois for 275.

Teams have been putting 8 in the box the last 3 weeks to stop Temple's run game all year long and the Owls still have put up impressive numbers.

How about 211 at Toledo, 274 at Navy and 224 last week versus Miami-Ohio.

Temple has all the edges here and with best defensive front in the MAC facing a freshman QB, pressure gets the best of Akron tonight and Temple covers another ball game here.

5 DIME - PHILADELPHIA 76ERS - Love Philly in this spot here.

Now I understand both of these teams have been terrible against the number, as they have both only covered 2 games this year.

So the bottom line is something has to give here.

However, you look a little closer and you will see the fact Utah has yet to cover on the road, while the Sixers two home losses were to Boston and Phoenix.

My feeling is the Sixers at home as a small dog is the way to go, as the Jazz continue to struggle along at 3-5, just 1-3 on the road and as I said above, 0-4 ATS on the road as well.

Look for Philly to push tempo and get the Jazz out of their halfcourt set and for the Sixers to get the home win.

5 DIME - PORTLAND TRAILBLAZERS - Love going against a team that just fired their coach.

This New Orleans team is in trouble. Simple as that, and having a GM come down from the front office and coach isn't going to make a damn bit of difference. Hornets are on the way down.

Just as well Byron Scott doesn't coach this team. Let the GM come down and deal with it since it was his moves that created this mess.

New Orleans is 3-6 SU and ATS, and catch a Blazers team that is completely on the other side of that at 6-3 SU and ATS, including 4 straight wins and covers.

This game tonight is about one team knowing who they are, know how they are supposed to play and everyones roles are defined and set in place.

I'm rolling with the Blazers and the small chalk tonight
    In the land of the dark, the ship of the sun is drivin' by
    The Grateful Dead..........
    "The Egyptian book of the Dead"

Thanks...It's interesting to see. Although I am surprised he can boast such a record in the last week.
    MLB
    May
    Overall 43-43 +5.5 Units
    Sides 19-22 -0.0 Units
    Total 24-21 +5.5 Units

April
    Overall 61-44 +47.1 Units
    Sides 28-28 +4.0 Units
    Totals 33-16 +43.1 Units

Comment

Weeknight football run Tuesday thru Friday the last 4 weeks, 9-3-1. Overall football run the last 6 days 10-2 including 4 straight NFL winners. Time to build on that tonight.

I been following your guys fade of his picks ... is he really 9-3-1? 10-2 in NFL? If my memory serves me, isn't that complete BS!

Comment

Hes Just Full of :flush:
        In the land of the dark, the ship of the sun is drivin' by
        The Grateful Dead..........
        "The Egyptian book of the Dead"

Comment

LANG is Human.

He's just Human like anybody else here.

At the end of the Day, even a Broken CLOCK is right TWICE!!! :gulp:

You shouldn't put too uch crediance into anything
          anybody says,,,and that Includes me too!!! :bow: Yup, even ME!

Best too ya!!!

JMED2 :beerbang:
          -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          The DOGS will rip your Heart out, the CHALKS will let you down but
          thank GOD there's always another PLAY tomorrow!!! :toast:

Comment

Working...
          X