Boise State

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boise State

I was very impressed with that win over TCU.

I also hate to say it, but I kinda liked TCU's weirdass color hue helmets! lol

B.State plays Oregon State and Virginia Tech next year, I again also hate to say it, but if they run the table again, they deserve a shot at the title.

Not for a tougher schedule next year, but what they show they can do in a big game regardless of cakewalk or not. This just shows the need for a playoffs. Amazing how money can cloud sensibility. The only sport that doesn't have a playoffs, and staunch BCS supporters try to make compelling cases to keep what we have going. IMO there can be minor bowl games and a playoff for top 8 teams or something like that.

Make the Rose, Orange, Sugar, and Fiesta bowl matter again, and then play for the title. I mean these "BCS Bowls" make obscure old men rich, but the luster's been lost.
    :hide:

"Schooly D is fat cake yo."
    -Big Pimpin-

I have to agree. I thought TCU looked a little disorganized but as a whole they definitely came to play and their effort and intensity was there. Boise had a great game plan and they executed it well and their players played well.

I think Boise is going the right direction by scheduling two BCS schools. And I realize it may be hard to get home and home's with them but they have to play those games even if it has to be on the road to help legitimize their schedule.

I don't necessarily echo the sentiment for a playoff because I am of the belief that it would decrease the importance of some of the regular season games. I also think that in some years it would penalize a team that went undefeated through a tough schedule or not really solve anything in a year like last year where TT, Texas and OU all ended with 1 loss in one conference. But I just like seeing good games and did not graduate from a Division 1 football school so I don't really have a rooting interest other than the bet I make.
    MLB
    May
    Overall 43-43 +5.5 Units
    Sides 19-22 -0.0 Units
    Total 24-21 +5.5 Units

April
    Overall 61-44 +47.1 Units
    Sides 28-28 +4.0 Units
    Totals 33-16 +43.1 Units

Comment

I was on TCU last night, and I'll admit Boise's defense was very good. Much better than I ever envisioned it being. At the same time, I'm still not terribly sold on Boise being legit because they once again beat another weak conference team albeit an undefeated one, but I still have my doubts.

Also, neither of the qbs last night should ever sniff the nfl. they were terrible.

Comment

I'm right with you Daws, I wanted to say what crap TCU looked like and Dalton played like ****. My hat is off to the Broncos their defense, they played a hell of a game and Kellen Moore stayed out of trouble. Painful game to watch as I sided with the Frogs and the -7:bang:.
        NCAAF '12: 11-16-0, -7.90 units.
        O/U:4-2, +1.80 units.
        Teasers:
        Rothstein's leans:
        Double Digit Home Dogs:9-7-1, +1.30 units.
        NCAAB '11-'12: 128-123-0, -10.80 units.
        O/U: 46-38, +2.80 units.
        Rothstein's "leans":
        Double Digit Home Dogs: 36-20-3, +13.10 units.

Comment

playoffs

thinking the same thing during early new years morn when someone in my household actually put on a parade (think it was citrus bowl parade) on the tube. My "company" seemed to like it on, and I didn't care at that hour of the day, so who am I to tell her I control the remote in my house...LOL. Now, what do we do with all the hoopla and ceremony (parades, dinners, money to charities, etc) that goes with these bowls if they are to become play-in games to the national championship. Just wondering, cuz I do agree that a playoff should be in order...but how?
          YTD
          CFB'09 season(as of 1/7)
          Reg season RESULTS:(-12.98 U's)
          BOWLS
          Sides: 8-21(-20.5 U's)
          O/U's: 2-6(-1.25 U's)
          ML's: 2-6(-0.70 U's)
          RESULTS(-22.45 U's)
          NFL'09 season(as of 1/3)
          SIDES: 59-51-3(-1.3 U's)
          O/U's: 15-19-2(-3.95 U's)
          ML's: 5-13(-2.47 U's)
          2H's: 8-9(-0.65 U'S)
          RESULTS:(-7.67 U's)
          CBB'09-'10 season(as of 1/9)
          SIDES: 109-101-4(-.25 U's)
          O/U'S: 28-16(+6.50 U's)
          ML's 2-3 (+0.2 U's)
          RESULTS:(+6.45 U's)

"I WANT THEIRS!!" fitter, on new health care program

Comment

playoffs

thinking the same thing during early new years morn when someone in my household actually put on a parade (think it was citrus bowl parade) on the tube. My "company" seemed to like it on, and I didn't care at that hour of the day, so who am I to tell her I control the remote in my house...LOL. Now, what do we do with all the hoopla and ceremony (parades, dinners, money to charities, etc) that goes with these bowls if they are to become play-in games to the national championship. Just wondering, cuz I do agree that a playoff should be in order...but how?
            YTD
            CFB'09 season(as of 1/7)
            Reg season RESULTS:(-12.98 U's)
            BOWLS
            Sides: 8-21(-20.5 U's)
            O/U's: 2-6(-1.25 U's)
            ML's: 2-6(-0.70 U's)
            RESULTS(-22.45 U's)
            NFL'09 season(as of 1/3)
            SIDES: 59-51-3(-1.3 U's)
            O/U's: 15-19-2(-3.95 U's)
            ML's: 5-13(-2.47 U's)