Game I'm Looking Closely At Today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game I'm Looking Closely At Today

Only looking to play one game today, and unfortunately it's probably gonna be a late one.

Let me preface this with stating that I am not a hater of Deion Sanders. Though his methods are brash such as kicking out a ton of incumbent players and going heavy with recruits, the guy is a winner. And I, like most people, are rooting for Colorado this season, as it's one of the most compelling stories in all of sports.

I passed on the +20.5 in week 1. Just needed to see what this Colorado team would look like. After the huge win, I saw the -2.5 vs. Nebraska. I thought to myself, that's probably a spot where the sharps would love to take Nebraska, but I think this Prime guy might be an exception. That's also a huge jump in the spread, so it's not like it was fishy. Colorado went from a 20.5 pt underdog to a 2.5 point favorite against a storied program. Nebraska might not be the class of the Big 10, but Vegas always gives them respect against the bigtime programs. Unsurprisingly, the haters lost their money as Prime proved them wrong again.

So coming up on this week, and Colorado is -24 at home against Colorado St, which has an awful, awful program. But this doesn't have much to do with their opponent as other factors.

This is the very definition of a lookahead spot. After this game where they are coming in confident and are huge favorites, Colorado has at Oregon and home vs. USC. Those may be the games of the year. Sure they beat a rebuilding TCU team that lost their QB and a Nebraska program starting again from the ground up. But a win against Oregon and/or USC would pretty much silence any doubters and legtimize Colorado as one of the best programs in the nation.

Prime has done a lot more media this week than in weeks past. He was on college football countdown, the Rich Eisen Show, etc. He's not taking this Colorado St. game too seriously. And I'm sure he doesn't want to show too much of his playbook against Colorado St. as a huge favorite unless he has to.

Colorado wins, and I don't think it's necessarily close. But I think Prime letting off the gas a bit both offensively and defensively allows Colorado St to cover the spread while Colorado moves onto their season defining games in the following 2 weeks.

Colorado St. +24.

Or I could be completely off base, and Prime continues to prove his doubters wrong, like the Cam Newton did 10 years ago when everyone hated him, but covered every single game.

I hate betting against Deion. I really think he has legitimate haters that don't like his big talking, sunglass wearing self. I'm not that young, but I'm on the younger side, and I do admire guys that can talk a big game but can back it up at the same time. Deion has done that his whole career. But if there was any spot to bet against him, it would be here. As this is probably the only game they'll be a big favorite in this entire season. The rest they'll be underdogs, or within a touchdown probably.
    Last edited by recovering77; 09-16-2023, 09:42 AM.
    39-39-2 Plays, 26-25 Leans, System Plays (2-1), Half System Plays (2-4)
    Playoffs 6-4 Plays, 4-1 Leans

43-46 Plays, 24-28 Leans, 4-4 System Plays, 2-0 Half System Plays
    Playoffs 8-4 plays, 1-2 leans, 1-0 Half System Plays

36-29 Plays, 25-31 leans; Playoffs 3-3 Plays, 0-2 leans

18-16-1 Plays, 18-18-1 Leans; Playoffs 6-2 Plays, 0-1 Leans

15-8 plays, 7-6 leans, 2-1 Heavy MLs

One thing I forgot to mention is that Colorado State's coach foolishly took a personal shot at Deion in a press conference earlier this week. He said when he talks to the press, he takes his sunglasses off.

So that could be bulletin board material. We'll see how petty Prime is. He knows his boys should be resting up and fully focused on Oregon. Does he run up the score to teach the guy a lesson? I don't know.

Comment

After much thought I have decided to pass on colorado st.

Listening to Deion speak, he said the coach’s comments offended his mother. Basically implying that he wasn’t raised right. And I don’t want any part of someone’s mother that got insulted.

What I also heard was Deion wanting to have a complete game. That means defensively as well. He also said he really wants to establish the run, which will also keep the offense vanilla like I said.

a complete performance would set up the Oregon showdown nicely. A complete performance is holding colorado st at 10 pts or less. Can colorado put up 55 pts on their own? Maybe.

But Deion also preached respect. And i think it would feed his ego if he was complimented for being the bigger man of the situation.

So the new play is under 64, and it’s dropping.

Last week he mentioned how irritated he was when Nebraska scored that late TD. Not gonna let that happen again.

If i’m totally off base and colorado ****s the bed somehow, the only way it’s close is an under game. I don’t see colorado st matching them in a shootout.
      Last edited by recovering77; 09-16-2023, 07:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X