WHAT SHOULD BE DONE.......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WHAT SHOULD BE DONE.......

This past weekend in College Football, we witnessed a blatant strong armed robbery when Duke faced the Miami Hurricanes, and came out on the short end of the stick in what is being billed as one of the most amazing plays in college football history.
    How could every official fail to see that the Miami players knee touched the surface of the field? They, the officials are only human as we all are, and they will make mistakes. The zebras are often times lawyers, doctors, real estate brokers and any one of a number of different people in society on every day except game day. In other words they are not professionals in the job of officiating college football games, by any stretch of the imagination
    That being the case, should the spineless NCAA make sure that the best possible people are placed in the position of officiating. Yes, they have that obligation to the fans and fanatics alike, College football has evolved into being a very unique sport. With the ability of instant replay to dissect each and every play that is made in the game, it is very difficult to let a questionable play stand.
    It is my understanding that each and every scoring play is reviewed. So what happened to Duke should never have happened, right? Did everyone just close their eyes? In a sport that generates billions of dollars every year, are we not entitled to something better? What about the poor smooch that had a large wager on the game?
    Please post your opinions on what should be done about this blatant mistake.

"Everybody plays the fool, sometimes......there's no exception to the rule."

My question is why can't the NCAA over turn the decision? Technically they didn't kick the PAT so the last play was the TD. Since they reviewed the game at the end could this not be an extension of the replay to get the game right? I don't know the rules since I've never seen this happen.
    Action gambling only creates a loser!

Comment

Well, T-MONEY that is a good question. Something should be done. It appears that the others on the forum are a bit shy to make a post or take a stance.
      Thanks T-MONEY for the nice reply.

"Everybody plays the fool sometimes.....there's no exception to the rule."

Comment

Working...
      X