Colin Cowherd

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colin Cowherd

Not sure if anyone listens to him but every year on his ESPN radio show he picks 6 games before the season starts that he says the underdog will win or at least cover. The last 2 years he was 5-1 each year. His games this year:

Sept. 29 - Notre Dame at Purdue - Play Purdue
    Oct. 20 - Texas A&M at Nebraska - Play Texas A&M
    Oct. 20 - Florida at Kentucky - Play Kentucky
    Nov. 3 - Alabama at LSU - Play Alabama
    Nov. 10 - Michigan at Wisconsin - Play Wisky
    Nov. 22 - USC at Arizona State - Play Arizona State

Yes, I listened this morning, was wondering if someone would post the picks.

Don't have much argument with his picks. My only comment is that Purdue could very well be favored at home v ND come Sept 29.

And Arizona St? Well, maybe. I do remember 2 years ago at ASU the Sun Devils were up by 18 against USC as (I think) double digit dogs. They lost, but covered easily.

We'll have to see where we are come Nov. 22.

And I think you guys all know I'm a Michigan guy, but I won't be shocked if Wisky is slightly favored at home.
    NCAA YTD 0-1-0 -1.1 unit

Comment

The Herd

i used to love to listen to THE HERD

Here in Pitt on ESPN RADIO

They took him off though and put on THE JUNKER AND CROW SHOW

Two local dudes that just talk about local sports all the time

Cowherd does a great radio show IMO
      Keep em in the hole, Down in the hole

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
      (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
      (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
      (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
      (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

Originally posted by sdsurfn View Post
        Yes, I listened this morning, was wondering if someone would post the picks.

Don't have much argument with his picks. My only comment is that Purdue could very well be favored at home v ND come Sept 29.

And Arizona St? Well, maybe. I do remember 2 years ago at ASU the Sun Devils were up by 18 against USC as (I think) double digit dogs. They lost, but covered easily.

We'll have to see where we are come Nov. 22.

And I think you guys all know I'm a Michigan guy, but I won't be shocked if Wisky is slightly favored at home.
        I can remember a few years back he was a PURDUE backer

I think they may surprise some people this year with that offense ..

I pick them to finish 4th in BIG TEN

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
        (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
        (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
        (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
        (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

Yeah, they too Cowherd off in New York City also and put on some local idiot who onlt talks about boxing--Max Kellerman. Cowherd was 100x better. I hope theyput him back on nationally in place of Dan Patrick who is leaving ESPN (yippee) on 8-17.

Cowherd's underdog picks were5-1 in '05 but last year I think he went 3-3, but he still givesd great infor on the games that no one else on ESPN radio gives.

When Sporting New radio had a station in NYC a few years ago, they had on a guy named JOHN RENSHAW who did a great job on college football and picking against the spread. Any one ever see him surface?:nuts:

Comment

Originally posted by The Gipper View Post
            some local idiot who onlt talks about boxing--Max Kellerman. :
            the former host of "Around the Horn?" and I believe he left that show for more money on FSN, his own show called, "Imax?"

correct me if I'm wrong, just wondering if its the same guy. sounds like him, the Kellerman I know was a boxing fanatic.

:beerbang: :nuts:
            :hide:

"Schooly D is fat cake yo."
            -Big Pimpin-

Comment

Originally posted by Q-Unit View Post
              the former host of "Around the Horn?" and I believe he left that show for more money on FSN, his own show called, "Imax?"

correct me if I'm wrong, just wondering if its the same guy. sounds like him, the Kellerman I know was a boxing fanatic.

:beerbang: :nuts:
              That's Kellerman, Q. He is the WORST talk radio guy I've ever heard, bar none. He knows NOTHING about sports except boxing and the Yankees yet he talks about everything like he's the major source of sports information on this planet. Absolutely NO ONE who knows sports listens to his show in NY. No one.

I honestly can't believe ESPN took off Colin Cowherd and put that idiot on the air to form the NY Radio lineup of:

Mike and Mike in the Morning (fabulous)
              Max Kellerman (complete douchebag)
              Stephen A Smith (complete douchebag and reverse racist)
              Dan Patrick w/ Keith Olbermann (two arrogant snobs)

ESPN Radio is an atrocity. Everyone here listens to WFAN 660.

Comment

Originally posted by CuseFan10 View Post
                Dan Patrick w/ Keith Olbermann (two arrogant snobs)
                thanks for clearing that up Cuse.

wait. Patrick retired from Sportscenter, but is still with his radio show? :bang: .

I always felt like he sold out or something, IMO he used to be funny, back in the golden age of sportscenter you know? now he's exactly what you say, snobby serious and arrogant

-Big Pimpin-

Comment

Dan Patrick's last day on the air is the 14th I think. He is going to some other medium where he can do more things. I forget the name of the mutli-media type company he is working for next. It's in Sports Illustrated in the beginning section.

I hope they give Cowherd his time slot, **** it, just give Cowherd 10-4 so we can be rid of Stephen A Smith and Max Kellerman all together. Ideally, they'd give local guy Jodie McDonald a shot, but he's not "ESPN enough" (aka - he actually knows sports and doesn't care about himself first and foremost) for them I'm sure.

Comment

I had a job where all i did was listen to radio,cd's all day long

I was a Benefits Examiner and we just sat there and processed Medical Insurance Claims and did our thing.

I remember the good ole days when it was THE HERD in the Morning(spanning the globe is a great segment), Dan Patrick in the afternoon and "THE SUPER GENIUS" Mark Madden for your drive home.

This dude Mark Madden is a nut. He hangs up on callers , calls them jackasses, asks the callers to call in on the status of local strippers in the area. He's a crazy dude man. Super entertaining though.

If your ever in Pittsburgh , put on ESPN RADIO 1250 around 4 oclock. He hates Steeler Fans (calls them Yinsers) and he is nuts about hockey. Very passionate about THE PENS.

I enjoy listen to MM

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
                    (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
                    (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
                    (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
                    (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

Originally posted by The Gipper View Post

When Sporting New radio had a station in NYC a few years ago, they had on a guy named JOHN RENSHAW who did a great job on college football and picking against the spread. Any one ever see him surface?:nuts:
                      the freak.....:beerbang: ...dude, that was like 8 years ago.....he left SNR in 1999 i believe

he was in Louisville last time i heard about 6 months ago..... he has bounced all over the place.

"payton past the hour".......:beerbang:
                      I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

"Cuse you are 100 % ri8ngt about Kellerman dna Screamin' Steven. I can't stand the sound of that obnoxius Smioth's voice. He knows nothing and all he talks about is the NBA and his love affair with Issaih Thomas. I can't turn off tyhe station fast enough.:bang:

Comment

Here in ATL we get Perry & Rude 6-10 like perry hate Rude but pretty good show

10-1 cowHeard love his show

1-3 steven A Smith cant stand him He took over for DP who I also didnt like

3-7 Buck&Kencade even though I hate UGA I like Buck Belue they have a very good show

They need to replace Steven A Smith because 1-3 is when I have to turn to some music now:bang:
                          Every Bet is a good Bet win or lose you still get some action

1 unit=$100

NBA 0-0

NCAABB 0-0

NFL 0-0

NCAAFB 5-8 -8 units

Comment

Jerry, I listen to ESPN radio from 6:15 to 5:00 everyday in my work van. Not sure if I like the guy. Very opininated to say the least and actl like his opinion is the only one that matters. Did not read any of this thread except your post. But I will take a look at his picks. See ya soon man. And for cryin' out loud, leave the hemp on the side of the tracks. LOL. When I was in Lincoln, I scoured the tracks.
                            If its fun, do it

Comment

Originally posted by yomonte View Post
                              Did not read any of this thread except your post.
                              well aren't you the high-horsed warlord with the odorless poop.

Originally posted by yomonte View Post
                              Jerry, I listen to ESPN radio from 6:15 to 5:00 everyday in my work van.
                              are you the creepy old man who sells used/recycled ice cream to the naive little children in the neighborhood?

or the "motivational" speaker who lives in that van down by the river. LOL

Michael Vick sucks, Falcons rule :beerbang:

-Big Pimpin-

Comment

Working...
                              X