Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miami(oh)/BallState

man what am i missing here? MIA +6??

(1) MIA is picked to finish 2nd in the MACEast behind KentState and returns 14 players including the QB, top 4 rushers, 2 of top 3 WR's and 4 of their top 6 tacklers. The visitor is 7-1 L8 in this series and this has been a very low scoring series over the years. BallState returns 14 starters as well, and is picked to finish 5th on their side of the MAC (which is pretty loaded, though, IMO and definitely the better of the 2 sides).

I just think this is going to be a close football game played in the 20's. almost a TD just seems like a lot of points here in a game that i feel very confident in saying will be decided by less than a TD.

Anyone have any thoughts on this one? I also think the total of 51 is too high. 20-17 final last year and the last score came inside the last 2 minutes (TD by BallState). Defenses are usually ahead of the offenses early in the season and both teams return a decent percentage of their top tacklers from last year.
    Last edited by FlyersFan; 08-20-2007, 12:02 AM.
    I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
      Anyone have any thoughts on this one?

Yeah, never lay chalk in MAC games..... I've found these lines to be pretty inflated in the past, & have hit quite a few moneylines in the MAC the past couple seasons. Would like to hear JoePa's thoughts on this game....
      Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

lmao....wrong thread.....at least i didn't get the popcorn guy

Comment

lmao....wrong thread.....at least i didn't get the popcorn guy

didn't look to far into this m/u... but I dont like the 6-6.5... gimme 7 and I might bite.... :beer2:

Comment

man what am i missing here? MIA +6??

(1) MIA is picked to finish 2nd in the MACEast behind KentState and returns 14 players including the QB, top 4 rushers, 2 of top 3 WR's and 4 of their top 6 tacklers. The visitor is 7-1 L8 in this series and this has been a very low scoring series over the years. BallState returns 14 starters as well, and is picked to finish 5th on their side of the MAC (which is pretty loaded, though, IMO and definitely the better of the 2 sides).

I just think this is going to be a close football game played in the 20's. almost a TD just seems like a lot of points here in a game that i feel very confident in saying will be decided by less than a TD.

Anyone have any thoughts on this one? I also think the total of 51 is too high. 20-17 final last year and the last score came inside the last 2 minutes (TD by BallState). Defenses are usually ahead of the offenses early in the season and both teams return a decent percentage of their top tacklers from last year.

Miami Oh Redforeskins suck.

LOL (Flyers alma mater....)

Ball State is going to be pretty good this year....IMO. Scared the crap out of MEEEEchigan last yr. I think they will have the offense to rack up some points....if the defense is any better. I dont like this game because Ball played well at home.

Want a MAC game to look at....? Play Toledo +7 at home vs. my Boilers. Too many points for comfort.
            Go Boilers!
            thru 2/3

NCAAF ’20 215-187-5 +75.19
            NCAAF ’21 200-169-7 +37.80
            NCAAF '22 239-216-14 +24.41

NFL ’20 128-110-8 +50.21
            NFL ’21 94-102-3 -15.37
            NFL '22 186-165-9 +54.63

NCAAB ’21-22 908-771-42 +196.07
            NCAAB '22-23 510-488-9 -43.13

NHL '20-21 171-154-2 +42.97
            NHL ’21-22 223-241-5 -65.79
            NHL '22-23 153-149-3 -21.97

NBA ’20-21 241-223-7 +11.97
            NBA ’21-22 282-266-6 -1.93
            NBA '22-23 225-246-9 -94.88

Comment

The Redskins are pick for 4th around these parts.....the pundants think that Ohio wins it, closely followed by Kent, Akron, then MUO.....I happen to like BSU this year but feel that Miami is a pretty good team with lots of talent back and BSU's weak link is their defense. Off the top of my head I like the Redhawks....of course I'm gonna have to look more closely at the matchup. Will be posting my MAC stuff soon....
              Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

Here's the link the the MAC Conference site with the preseason picks story:

Western Michigan (West) and Ohio (East) picked as MAC FB preseason favorites - MAC-Sports.com—Official Web Site of the Mid-American Conference
                Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

Originally posted by joepa66 View Post
                  JoeP- there are tons of different ones out here. PHil Steele who usually does a great job has Kent then Miami then Ohio i believe....and on the other side he has Toledo, WMU, CMU, BGSU, BSU then EMU.....

i think it is safe to say that a lot of these teams are pretty good and return a bunch of guys. i think it si really hard at this point for anyone to tell what order they are going to finish in. You have your good teams and your poor teams. I could probably find you 90 publications and find teams ranked anywhere from 1 to 4 on their respective sides.

Comment

My preview will show MUO picked for 3rd but a close finish behind 2nd place pick Ohio U. It's going to be an interesting year in the MAC....I like Steele being of sane mind have picked the Golden Flashes to rule the East.....:beerbang:

Man I can hardly wait.....:nuts:

Comment

I'm thinking maybe an over play on this game

Both QB's could shine.

Looking forward to this ball game actually

Think i might take the over with these two good QB's ... IMO

Any thoughts
                      Keep em in the hole, Down in the hole

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
                      (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
                      (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
                      (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
                      (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

ff finally, joshknows has been waiting months to steal your picks:beerbang:

Comment

Working...
                        X