Any other thoughts for Aug 30 Games

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any other thoughts for Aug 30 Games

I kinda am leaning toward Tulsa a little bit ... Good QB .. Preseason Second Team All Conference USA and Manning List for Tulsa QB.

(-4.5)

Hurricane on the road at UL MONROE ..

MONROE lost some talented players , TO THE NFL, out of their secondary over the last 2 years:

DEFENSIVE BACKS

The good news is that the Warhawks have a couple of defensive backs headed to the NFL. The bad news is that they're out of college eligibility.

Kevin Payne is now a Bear after being drafted in the fifth round by Chicago, while Chaz Williams signed a free-agent deal with Tampa Bay.

In Payne's case, it's a double shot of bad news -- Payne was a starting safety who racked up 98 tackles in addition to serving as the starting punter. But the former Warhawk will have plenty of company in Chicago -- former teammate Chris Harris is also a defensive back with the Bears after being drafted in 2005.

The loss of those two hurts, but life goes on, and somebody will have to step up and make an impact in the starting lineup.

James Truxillo (6-1, 190) and Josh Thompson (6-1, 215) are the returning starters for the Warhawks. Truxillo, a sophomore, stepped in and started as a freshman in 2006, recording 35 tackles and forcing a pair of fumbles. Thompson, a junior, started at the corner position opposite Williams. It was the junior's second year in the starting lineup, and he made teams pay for throwing his way by making 83 tackles, picking off six passes and forcing three fumbles.

With the departure of Payne, Thompson will slide back into the vacated safety spot and allow a couple of new faces to man the corners.

Quintez Secka (6-0, 193) and Darrius Battles (6-0, 180) had the edge on the competition after spring practice. Secka, a senior, transferred from Coffeyville Community College before the 2005 season and saw quite a bit of action right away. After playing in only three games a year ago, Secka is looking to make an impact in his final season. Battles, also a senior, has not seen much action in his time in Monroe, but he's hoping to make the most of a shot late in his career.
    Last edited by BUNK MORELAND; 08-20-2007, 09:17 PM.
    Keep em in the hole, Down in the hole

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
    (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
    (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
    (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
    (2-0) +2.5 units

Mr Smith should be lethal chucking it all of the place and rolling out, and running trick plays for Coach Malzahn and his crazy ass system. Gonna look hard at the OVER in that one too since La-Monroe returns all 11 starters an offense. In the end, Tulsa should be tough to handle though as La Monroe and that conference is really a cut below every other.

Comment

really like tulsa

Comment

UL Mo has all 11 starters back on offense and Tulsa only returning 4. ULM was 4-8 last year with losses to Bama, Kansas, Ark, and Kentucky. They lost 5 games last year by 5 or less. Tulsa's learning curve with a new coach is a question?

Those are my thoughts and I am leaning to playing my first home dog of the year. GL which ever way you go.
        NFL 1-2-0 -1.1 units
        NCAAF 13-22-0 -13.5 units

"I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust 'em." - Jim Valvano

Comment

Tulsa has 10 returning starters and is learning a new offense. Tulsa has lost 12 straight road openers. ULM has 17 returning starters. Tulsa's new head coach last year at Rice was only a favorite one time last year and lost that game by 14 points.

Garbage game if you ask me there is better stuff on the board this week to bet.

Queen
          NFL 2-0. Week 1
          Nfl 2-2week 2

Comment

I really agree with Queen here....much more value on other board plays.....hate these kind of games. Really up in the air!
            Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

Working...
            X