week 1 slate

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• week 1 slate

here are the games i'm lookin at right now, opinions welcome of course, still over a week away but i may lock these bets in real soon

ARIZONA+6 at byu= i want to get Zona+7 and may buy a point to do that

Arizona has one of the best defenses in the country and they return the majority of players from last year's team. They will be breaking in the texas tech style offense, and it's anybody's guess how well they'll grasp it early on, but they should be better offenseively this year

BYU's new QB Hall sounds like he will be pretty good, but facing a top 10 caliber defense in his first start is a tough task. the O'line is good but the skill players are unexperienced. They will be without a key RB in Tonga as well. on defense, BYU is good enough to give zona a tough time breaking in the new offense, but they seemingly will not be at full strength, i read that they lost a couple starters to early injuries, i beleive a safety and a linebacker, i could be missing something there but i know they took some injuries.

also, i think you can throw out the revenge factor for BYU since key players are gone from alst year's team that lost to ZONa. actually, i think the fact they beat BYU last y ear bodes well for zoan's confidence in playing the cougars on the road.

If zona gets the new offense rolling early, they wont have too much trouble beating BYU here, but even if they struggle, i still see BYU's offense having a very difficult time moving the ball consistently against zona's tough defense, making the points very solid value.

Georgia Tech+3 at notre dame= both teams break in new qb's, but tech QB bennett already showed what he's capable of in that bowl game last year, so he should be confident enough to handle playing in a tough road envioronment. also, a solid o-line and a great RB in choice should take the pressure off him a little,. The ibg question mark for tech is the recievers, but they dont have to be spectacular just yet IMO. Notre Dame's defense may get a little better but they just arent a dominating type defense. tech should move the ball on them

On defense, tech returns a bumch of players and should be able to give Dame's O line a toguh time. whatever first time starting Qb Weiss throws in there could be forced into some mistakes thanks to not having enough time to throw. The irish are basically starting from scratch on offense, and while they may be good athletes wityh a good coach, tech's defense should prove to be a real tough challeenge for them

If weiss gets the offense rolling right off bat, i'll tip my cap to him but i dont see that happening. Tech is the more proven commodity right with the better defense, and they will be out to avenge last season's loss to the irish. since defenses are usually ahead of offenses early in season, tech should be light years ahead of notre dame here. also, tech doesnt strike me as a team that would struggle on the road really, too mcuh experience. ND no doubt knows this game is huge for them as a loss could set them off to a dreadful start, but i just think a win here is too tough a task for them.

will have more later but i see solid value is these two. i def would like to get opinions from you guys on these, i havent placed any wagers yet but will be depositing on betjamaica very soon. here's to a big season :beerbang:

same boat as you on Zona....waiting to see if i can eek out another point...may buy it to 7.....for in-shoe-rawnce.........Zona has 1 thorpe finalist on one corner and an all Pac10'er on the other.....i honestly think it is going to be a very competitive game. UAZ will struggle on O as would any team implementing a new system. But their D will keep them in this one and i am looking for a game in the low 20's......ie......20-17, 23-17, 23-20...something like that.....UAZ also has their PK back who is decent and ranked 3rd in the pac10 in terms of kickers....GL!
    I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

i just made the betjamaica deposit

in addition to arizona and g tech, i will be on these (G tech will most likely be my biggest play)

OK STATE at georiga= another road dog here, one of the road dogs im on has to pull it ou, i hate being on all these roadies but i see value, i dont feel like laying 25+ points on the other game
      ok state's offense should keep them in the game as i dont see georgia being that much better than them at all, georgia's defense is inexperienced and are up against a talented offense. ok st is crappy road team but this 2007 squad has enough experience to do better on the road imo

KANSAS STATE at auburn= want the line at 14, auburn's offense from last year didnt light up the score board, they just grind it out, this year's team lost a lot from that offense so i think this should be even more of a grind it out game. lotta points

WYOMING+4 at uva= the Tail of the Flyer

was all set to put the wagers in but the ML's arent posted yet on betjamaica but all the numbers i want are off by a point or 2 so im gonna wait a little longer and hopefulyl get some better numbers

gl guys
      Last edited by TheBeholdah; 08-27-2007, 03:26 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

GL TheBeholdah
        NFL 0-0 +0.00units

NCAAF 8-10 -9.20units

Comment

GL Beholdah.....I hope we be holding that cash starting tonight! :beerbang:
          Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

GL Beholdah :thumbs:
            Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

put in some plays for saturday

2 units
              NORTH TEXAS+39.5 at oklahoma= sooners qb situation had me thinking they wont score like crazy this game, then that post q unit put up made me like it more

1 unit

ZONA+155 at byu= lost a lot of value from when the line was 6 so just took the ml

GA TECH(even) at nd= decided to play it small and see what nd is all about this year

Purdue-6(-120) at toledo= i think purdue's offense is too good for toledo even though alot of people like toledo at home here

gl guys

Comment

1 unit

okla- ntex under 56

Comment

made a terrible read on the oklahoma game, didnt realize that unt was COMPLETELY outmatched.

1 unit

New mexico-4 at utep= so many questions for utep , i expect UNM to do well in this spot as the experience is on their side

Comment

Good lulck B, didnt see you on ehre today!!!

Comment

disappointing opening week for me, forgot to make the wyoming wager and laid off k state at the last minute so i finished up a weak 2-5 = - 3.4 units , i think week 2 will be better for me i like a few things on the slate so i'mma bounce back .

am considering a 4 team 14 pt tease lookin like this: rutgers-1.5, penn state-3, cal-1, bc(pk) or tcu+24, or lsu(pk) , or west virg-9.5, will be tough to lay off even though it's -150 on betjam,

Comment

Working...
                      X