Week 1 huge play for me....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 1 huge play for me....

Florida International at Penn State (Florida International +38.5)

Florida Internationals offence sucks ass... they may only put up 3-6 pts, but that should be more than enough to cover this spread. Their defence has enough experience and enough athleticism to be tough from the opening snape. Their secondary isn't better than Penn State's but corner Lionell Singleton might be the best defensive back in the game, while there's good enough size on the interior to gum things up against the run. This is a better defense than last year's group that didn't give up more than 38 points in any game (Alabama), and that came the week after the suspensions from the Miami game.

I really don't think theres anyway Florida International gives up more than 35 points here, let alone gets clipped by 39. Very few times i'v been this confiedent in a pick, let alone on the opening week.

But eaither way, at least college football is FINALLY here. Here's to a great season for everyone :beerbang: GL ALL.
    2010 NFL Football

1-0 +$1,000

2010 NCAA Football

1-0 +$1,500

Soccer

68-16 +$18,429.12

2010 WORLD CUP

25-10 +$17,964.62

With Penn State having ND on board at home the next week this may just be a smart play for the week. What I can remember from past years is Penn State starts out slow.
    NFL 2-0. Week 1
    Nfl 2-2week 2

Comment

Also note: Penn St only hit 38 ONCE last season.. (which was Temple by the way) haha. I just dont see this one happening at all. This is DEFINITELY an add on if you like to tease as well. Might just tease this one with Navy -21 aswell.
      2010 NFL Football

1-0 +$1,000

2010 NCAA Football

1-0 +$1,500

Soccer

68-16 +$18,429.12

2010 WORLD CUP

25-10 +$17,964.62

Comment

PSU's offense should be better but they will likely not show all their cards in Week 1. I like the play, GL.

Comment

Being a die hard blue and white fan, it troubles me to agree. PSU probably will not show much in the way of offense, and defense will be ready. Paterno is known to sit out the starters if the game gets out of control. My only question is if PSU can get up 38-45 points from the get go, and then sit on the lead. There is a question as to who may become the starting RB's, so the ground game will probably be featured. It also depends on FI's defense. Are they up to the task to somewhat contain the ground game. My inclination is to agree with the pick, esjpecially with ND on tap. It may just be like a scrimmage game. BOL...may have to put something small on that myself, or just layoff the game totally.
          YTD
          CFB'09 season(as of 1/7)
          Reg season RESULTS:(-12.98 U's)
          BOWLS
          Sides: 8-21(-20.5 U's)
          O/U's: 2-6(-1.25 U's)
          ML's: 2-6(-0.70 U's)
          RESULTS(-22.45 U's)
          NFL'09 season(as of 1/3)
          SIDES: 59-51-3(-1.3 U's)
          O/U's: 15-19-2(-3.95 U's)
          ML's: 5-13(-2.47 U's)