Tulsa at LaMonroe (Argument)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tulsa at LaMonroe (Argument)

I want too challenge all the La-Monroe backers as too why you are this side. The public has pounded La-Monroe like it is going out of style. Line started at 6 and has moved down too 3. I've heard it all like Tulsa is 0-12 last 12 road openers....and they have barely any starters coming back...I don't buy any of it one bit. You have a Tulsa team that went 8-5 and went too its second straight bowl game against a La-Monroe program that was 4-8 last year...am I missing something? Tulsa returns there starting QB Paul Smith and has OU transfer Terrenial at tailback starting for them this year....and I guess people say they lost there coach well they get a damn decent coach in Graham who did a decent job all things considered at SMU. This game should be no contest a one-sided dominant affair by Tulsa. I guess you throw in the home-field and the hype of La-Monroe even though no one knows anything about this team and you get a much closer than anticipated affair. I just don't see. I see T-town keeping the ball rolling with ease in Monroe. The games on Espn2 we will see what happens....please the 10 La-Monroe backers on this site tell me why you chose that team? I am baffled and amazed that I am the only one on Tulsa in this entire site. To me the spread should be more like Tulsa by 7-10 pts. I may be ignorant and this post might bite Tulsa in the ass, but I just feel real good about this game. Its crap teams so I guess you never know....eager too see the replies to my opinions.

I am playing LaMonroe for all the reasons you pretty much stated. Tulsa has a new coach installing a totally different offense, lost 5 starters on D, lost 4 starters on the O-line(huge), going on the road to a much improved LaMonroe team that returns pretty much its entire offense. This team finally came together at the end of the year where they won 3 of their last 4 and almost 4 of 4 when they lost barely to Kentucky. They also had a solid showing against KS. So not that this is here nor there I am taking the much improved home team that is confident getting points that is looking to build on its late season success of last year, against the road team working in a new coach, offense, and almost half of its starters on the offense and defense. Of note, Tulsa's coach was Rice's coach last year. Also, to say no one knows anything about LaMonroe would be a little off base being they are returning all of their offense, all you need to do is look at what that O did last year to know a little something about them i.e they have a really good RB, and WR on their team and they have a flawed D against the run. Improve the run D and they will be a much better team this year. Either way BOL to you!WAREAGLE!:beerbang:
    Last edited by BoKnows; 08-29-2007, 10:26 AM.

Comment

The public is not on La-Monroe, it is Tulsa 62% La-Monroe 38% and the line has gone from 6 to 3. Tulsa is returning 4 starters on offense and 6 starters on defense. Plus a new coach that has new systems with young players trying to learn it. IMO it is will be a slow start for Tulsa this year. La-Monroe is returning 11 starters on offense and 6 starters on defense. If you look at last season they got much better they won the last two games and lost by only two to kentucky. IMO La-Monroe is a team that is getting better and I look for them to make a bowl this year.
      NFL 0-0 +0.00units

NCAAF 8-10 -9.20units

Comment

A grand total of ZERO people on this website watched La-monroe play football last year (despite the fact that 5-10 people will claim to have done so immediately following this post). I wouldn't worry about it... everyone just wants to bet on the first televised game of the year.

Comment

I was going to say the same thing Birds. The public is NOT on LA Monroe. BIG TIME sharp money came in on them early however. Unfortunately I missed out on the early lines cause I've been extremely busy lately and have barely even had time to cap the day's baseball games, let alone look ahead to a game that was over a week away, so now I am waiting (and hoping) the public comes in late (like they usually do) and drives the line back to +3.5 before I make my play on LA Monroe, but I will play it at +3 if necessary, and possibly just on the ML, depending how high i can get the ML. It will be by far my strongest play of the entire first week, even at +3. I wouldn't be at all shocked if LA Monroe took this one easily.

Comment

I did make a mistake the guy coached Rice not Smu....good points guys all around. Agree with you Bo. I did watch La-Monroe a few times play against Auburn way back in the day...that isn't really a good judge as they looked horrible everytime I saw them. I do think you have too throw in the fact that Tulsa is coming off back too back bowl seasons and this has an extremely positive effect on recruiting...now I don't know if they can get 4 replacements on the OL, but I have a feeling they have a enough blockers too clear out holes against La-Monroe. I do believe you can't really go on what you think in gambling. There are other factors like who is on what side and what the late action is on. Tulsa made me bank all last year except the bowl game. A comparison is the Boise State team pre/post Dan Hawkins and the huge postive effect the new coach had, true the cupbar was full at Boise, but I think Tulsa has the guys they needed back and the new players will adjust. I do think there are huge losses on the line, but I think theres enough let over talent with the QB and RB too pull out a win...a transfer from Bob Stoops Oklahoma squad does not hurt Tulsa one bit. The 5 wide set might not work for Graham so hopefully they will pound the ball with that tailback.

Comment

I bet a lot of people watched Monroe play football last year. They were on ESPN once or twice. I like them myself. They are going to have the best offense in that conference.

Comment

I'll be on Tulsa

High Scoring Game

I say Tulsa wins

31-24
                Keep em in the hole, Down in the hole

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
                (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
                (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
                (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
                (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

Good luck WW with Tulsa...Im still undecided.

MAGNUM

Comment

Originally posted by williwonka05 View Post
                    High Scoring Game

I say Tulsa wins

31-24
                    I haven't decided if I'm going to play a side yet but the OVER looks mighty juicy, IMHO. Paul Smith will put up points against La Monroe (even in a new offense), he's too good not to. And La Monroe returning 11 starters, one would assume they will score at home against a weak Tulsa defense.

Comment

Working...
                    X