Da Coach's NCAA Football Week #1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Da Coach's NCAA Football Week #1

First and foremost, GLTA this year! :thumbs: Hopefully this season of foots is good to us all (well, it better be better than baseball for me as I've pretty much given up on that). Anyways, no time for writeups for tonight's games as I'm about to depart Chambana for my playoff softball game back home tonight. I'll update this throughout the weekend though and provide writeups for the Friday games ---> on.

Picks:
    LSU -18 1/2 (2 Units)
    Oregon St -6 1/2 (2 Units)
    ULM ML +145 (1 Unit)

Hopefully we can get this season started off on the right foot. Let's cash 'em! :beerbang:

Moose
    Moose

"Don't give up! Don't ever give up!" - Jimmy V

Nice to sees ya Coach.....GL and Happy Hunting! :beerbang:
    Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

Thanks JoePa - GL to ya as well! :thumbs:

Add:
      Missouri -4 1/2 (5 Units)
      Texas -39 (2 Units)
      OK St +7 (2 Units)
      Wisconsin -14 1/2 (1 Unit)
      FIU +38 (1 Unit)
      Wyoming ML +140 (1 Unit)

GL to all today! Let's take these to the bank. :beerbang:

Moose
      Moose

Comment

Originally posted by COACH DITKA View Post

Add:
        Missouri -4 1/2 (5 Units)
        Texas -39 (2 Units)
        OK St +7 (2 Units)
        Wisconsin -14 1/2 (1 Unit)
        FIU +38 (1 Unit)
        Wyoming ML +140 (1 Unit)

MISSOURI - As painful as it is to bet against one of my teams, I feel it is a good situation here. Honestly, I was surprised this line was so low (around 5 now). Yeah, we are on the rise, but Illinois is still such a young team. Although we return a lot of starters on both sides of the ball, this is not an easy game for the talented freshman class in which to get their feet wet. Missouri is coming off a great season and is led by Chase Daniels at the QB spot. I can see this game being close for a while (IL ML 1H would actually be a decent play here) but I see the Tigers pulling away in the 2H based on more talent and experience.

OK STATE - Their returning QB/RB/WR trio from that vaunted offensive unit is very impressive and will certainly test the solid Bulldog defense. However, if the Cowpokes can make a play or two on defense, they can certainly cover and maybe even pull off the upset SU. That Georgia offensive line is very green (2 freshmen and a transfer) and Stafford (who didn't impress me last season) won't have his TE (suspension) either, making things a bit tougher.

FIU - I know this game is well into the 2nd half already but just felt like this was an inflated line. Penn St seems to have more deliberateness on offense than explosiveness and felt they wouldn't be able to cover.

WYOMING - Mostly a tail of the board here as it seems like a good spot for Wyoming to catch a Cavalier squad making the long journey into the high altitude. Al Groh is a solid coach but his teams have been down the last few years and I don't know if they can go on the road and get the win to start the year in place that certainly isn't easy to win at.

Moose
        Moose

Comment

Sorry to get this in kind of late but just got back to schoo after an thrilling drive down I57 through the cornfields. Anyways, here we go.

Add:
          Taco Tech -9 (2 Units)

May play the late game, I'll see. GL to all today! :thumbs:

Moose
          Moose

Comment

Working...
          X