• Show
Clear All

• college football 9/6 to 9/8

Best Bets (1-1)(-0.30 units)
    Strong Plays (0-2)(-4.40 units)
    Regular Plays (3-3)(-.030 units)

Overall (4-6)(-5.00 units)

Opinions (1-7)(No units, just for fun)

A couple of Thursday night games that I am not playing, but I will throw my opinions out there.

Louisville -39.5 vs M Tennessee St (opinion)…………………Why not? Louisville scored 70 last week in three quarters. M Tenn St could not stop Florida Atlantic. Should be at least a 50 point win.

Oregon St -3.5 vs Cincinnati (opinion)………………Both teams looked good last week, but I think OSU looked better since they played a stronger team. OSU from the much better conference as well. Talent will win out in the end in this one. This might be close for a while since it is being played in Cincy, but the Beavers will pull away in the 4th quarter.

Back on Friday will all of my selections.

Good Luck Everybody!!

I just have a hard time laying 39 points with anyone, not to say that they wont win by that amount but I have had bad luck when laying that many points. To many backdoor covers for me!! Good luck!!

2007 CFB: 2-0 +2 units
    • 9/3/2007 Texas Tech -9 @ SMU WIN ( 1 unit)
    • 9/3/2007 Clemson (SU) vs Florida State WIN (1 unit)

Comment

Best Bets (1-1)(-0.30 units)
      Strong Plays (0-2)(-4.40 units)
      Regular Plays (3-3)(-.030 units)

Overall (4-6)(-5.00 units)

Opinions (1-9)(No units, just for fun)

I only had two opinions on Thursday and they both lost. You can see why they are just opinions with no units and are just for fun. I am going to eliminate those starting today. No point in wasting my time and yours.

Friday’s Selections

Navy +16.5 vs Rutgers (regular play)………………Gut feeling here. Everybody making a big deal about Rutgers. I don’t think they are the powerhouse everybody thinks. Navy is one of those pain in the neck teams that can hang around. I am hoping their running game can eat up some clock and they get the cover. Many people expecting a blowout..not me.

Saturday’s Selections

Colorado St +14 vs California (best bet)……………….I was on Colorado St last week and they blew the game at Colorado. I really like this team and this is way, way too many points for them to be getting at home. Cal might have a letdown after getting back Tennessee last week. The Rams will find a way to keep this close and have a shot in the fourth to win the game outright. I really like this game…my strongest of the year so far.

Air Force +7.5 vs Utah (best bet)……………..Call me crazy, but I think this is a dead even game and I love the points, especially getting the extra ½ point at the end of the touchdown. This just smells like a game that will go down to the wire to me. Air Force always has been a tricky team to defend and they control the clock when they are on their game. I am even going to call for the outright upset in this one, but I am not going to get greedy and play the moneyline….I know somebody will ask since I smell the upset. Greed kills. I will just be happy to pick up a three unit victory.

Boston College -13.5 vs NC State (strong play)…………..NC State is a program on the decline, while Boston College QB Ryan seems to move this team with pinpoint precision. This should be a blowout at BC. This one will get ugly and the better team improves more and the troubled WolfPack go back to the drawing board. State not a catchup team, so I am not worried about a backdoor cover.

Rice +7 vs Baylor (strong play)………….For starters…who is Baylor to be giving anybody points? I know Rice lost to Nicholls State last week, so you would have to be crazy to take them this week, that is part of the reason I am taking them. Rice really looked horrible last week, even Michigan could have beat them (just kidding…had to poke a little fun at Michigan). Baylor does not know how to play defense and they cannot be trusted laying a touchdown. Would not be shocked by an outright win here either.

Notre Dame +17.5 vs Penn State (regular play)………..I am playing this for one reason and one reason only. I cannot think of a single reason to take Notre Dame. You all know what happens, do you?

Georgia -3.5 vs S Carolina (regular play)…………S Carolina gets their suspended QB back for this one, but he might not play anyway. It is not a good sign when your starting QB gets suspended anyway. I smell trouble on this Spurrier led team. Georgia looked great beating up on a decent Okie State team last week. It scares me that this line is so low for being at Georgia. This might be a suckers bet. I am a sucker I guess.

Virginia Tech +11 vs LSU (regular play)……….You know the saying “you are never as good, or as bad as your last game”. I really feel that comes into play here. Virginia Tech is supposed to be great and they had a lot on their minds last Saturday. LSU played an offensively challenged Miss State team. This will be a very low scoring game where the points should come into play.

Not a good start this year, down five units. Looking to get some if not all of it back this week.

Good Luck Everybody!!

Comment

GL with Navy!!

Oh wait it already lost last night!
        lmao.

:dunno:

GL

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
          GL with Navy!!

Oh wait it already lost last night!
          lmao.

:dunno:

GL
          My kinda post JML, my kinda post bud! :laughing:

Comment

Originally posted by CuseFan10 View Post
            My kinda post JML, my kinda post bud! :laughing:
            lol....that did have a little "cuse" in it, eh?

Just funny....It's one thing to post a play the day after, but it's another to know it was a day late (he labeled it friday on Sat morn), and another to post a loser by the hook. lol.

I like Mark....just thought it was funny...

GL Saturday Mark :beerbang:

Comment

Sorry about that. I started my writeups on Friday and meant to do all of Saturdays as well and post everything at once on Friday. Ended up forgetting about it and posted the whole thing on Saturday. At least I am honest (that or real stupid)

Comment

Working...
              X