Lookin for

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lookin for

I know I could take my time and search the internet for the answer, but I am looking to buy a wireless camera as small as possible to connect to a flimsy bendable cord so I can check out the inside of my ductwork. Anyone have any idea if there is something reasonably priced that will work. I'd like to communicate with my laptop so I can make sure there are no break/leaks in the ductwork. I have two rooms in my house that don't seem to get the best airflow and I'm thinking something has happend to the ductwork.

Thanks in advance
    a.d.

2021 NHL: (through 02/24/2021)
    Sides: +17.4 units
    Totals: +0 units
    In Game (Not posted) -0.6 units
    Parlay: -1.8

All 2021 NHL:+14.9 units

H - call a plumbing company in your area and ask them if they've got a camera.. here in So Cal I'd send a plumber out for about $200 for the first hour. And I do on occasion get these calls. Almost 100% of the time, it's not the duct work. it's a clogged filter or the FAU itself. BOL
    "A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson

Comment

"ductwork", eh?
      Likely story, pervert...

:laughing:

Comment

just send the wifey

Comment

Originally posted by Horfin View Post
          I have two rooms in my house that don't seem to get the best airflow and I'm thinking something has happend to the ductwork.

Thanks in advance
          How many kids you got? 2 that are old enough to pour something down the vent. :laughing: Kool-aid will stop the flow of air. You know Im messing with ya. I have found that if you dont change the filter when you are supose to then some rooms will lag. Also the rooms with the longest duct work dont heat and cool as well. Also your furnace/ac unit may not be strong enough to handle the house. You should have somebody listed in your phone book that will vaccum duct work. Get it done you will be amazed the dust and dirt that's in those systems. Sometimes a good cleaning will solve the problem or buy a better filter.

Queen :glass:
          Last edited by Queen; 10-05-2007, 07:17 PM.
          NFL 2-0. Week 1
          Nfl 2-2week 2

Comment

Originally posted by Queen View Post
            or buy a better filter.

Queen :glass:

This is something many people don't know. There is a huge difference between the $2 and $20 filters you can buy. Pays to get the spendy one.

Comment

Originally posted by homedawg View Post
              just send the wifey
              LMAO:beerbang:
              NFL 0-0 +0.00units

NCAAF 8-10 -9.20units

Comment

Thank you guys. I do buy the most expensive one as my son has been diagnosed with asthma. We had the ducts cleaned this summer. Slowly over time the two rooms furthest away from the furnace have had reduced airflow. I understand that the more turns in the ductwork reduces the air flow. But when we bought the house the problem wasin one of the rooms and now it is the second. I have been told that I need a second air conditioner for the 2nd floor. The problem is over the last 7 months the other room has become warmer and warmer (in the summer) which will result in colder and colder in the winter. The real problem is that one of the two rooms is my sons room (the son with asthma).

JML - I intend to use the camera for the ductwork first and then afterwords.....:showtits:
                a.d.

2021 NHL: (through 02/24/2021)
                Sides: +17.4 units
                Totals: +0 units
                In Game (Not posted) -0.6 units
                Parlay: -1.8

All 2021 NHL:+14.9 units

Comment

check the dampers in the duct to those rooms, make sure they are wide open...
                  or you can partially close the dampers, or the registers, to the other rooms...
                  or install a boost fan at the end of the duct, in the rooms with the problem. :thumbs:

Comment

If you had the duct work clean 7 months ago then that got to be the problem. Something came loose and now you need to find the break. Your going to think Im crazy. But when you got the house really cooled down. Feel around the walls down stairs going to the rooms up stairs and feel around the ceiling below the rooms upstairs. If you find a cooler spot on the walls or ceiling then that's where the break is. You may also want to spend the 600.00 for the electronic dust eater. Sometimes those asthma air filter restrict air flow since they are thicker. If it's one of those filter you take out ever month and wash it in the bath tub get rid if it they suck. You cant never get them clean. The electronic dust eater you take it out every month and put it in the dish washer and clean it and man do they come out spotless.
                    NFL 2-0. Week 1
                    Nfl 2-2week 2

Comment

HD, That is so true. We have to do that to get heat to the back bedroom. Horf, maybe you can rent one of those camerea's.

ya'll know damn well I cain't spell camerea's
                      If its fun, do it

Comment

Working...
                      X