Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

spyware.... keyloggers... trojans.... trackin' cookies.... etc.....

IMO, mac users, are at a bigger risk now!:thumbs:

So, if Mac OS X has a series of vulnerabilities, does that mean Mac users who believe their computers are completely safe and without need of security precautions are wrong? Yes. Like any operating system, Mac OS X has its share of exploitable weaknesses.

Does it mean that the Mac is completely unsecured and is as likely to suffer the level of threats that Windows does? No. There will probably never be the same breadth of effort to target Mac OS X as there is with Windows. As such, there will probably always be some security by obscurity. But that doesn’t mean that there will remain as small a number of actual threats as there are today. Apple’s move to Intel hardware will make it easier to write or convert the existing payloads of malicious code to targets Mac OS X.

Because of the differences between Mac OS X and Windows, it is somewhat easier to secure a Mac than it is to secure Windows and to maintain that security. This means that although Mac users will likely continue to enjoy more security, they do need to know that they are not immune to threats and should be concerned with ensuring that they protect their computers
    Last edited by homedawg; 10-17-2007, 08:13 AM.

Comment

Now I'm scared! lmao.

Cheers :beerbang:

Happy computing...with whatever you use :thumbs:
      Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 10-17-2007, 08:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
        Now I'm scared! lmao.

Cheers :beerbang:

Happy computing...with whatever you use :thumbs:

I might just try 1 of them apples???

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
          It is impossible for those viruses to attack Mac OS. There are no Mac OS viruses to worry about, that I've heard of anyway. The dudes who write viruses don't bother aiming them at Mac computers; they create them for Windows PCs almost exclusively. The Mac is immune to Windows viruses by its very design. It doesn't run Windows software and therefore can 't react to Windows viruses. You don't need antivirus software to protect your computer against Windows viruses. And you do not need to protect your computer against Mac OS X viruses, because there relly aren't any. I don't think they even sell Virus software for Macs.

That's what I hear anyway...

:thumbs:
          Actually, the virii that work on unix also work on Macs, since the Mac OS is really a variant of unix under the hood. As well, the more popular Macs become - and they are becoming more popular, the more they are a virus target.

Windows has historically been a target because of it's wide installed base. Vista - the latest version, makes it near impossible for virii to run easily (and unfortunatley, a lot of other things too, like device drivers for legacy hardware - a whole different issue). XP is pretty secure too after SP1. Anything up to and including Windows ME, however (released in 2000), is bad, bad, bad.
          可你住在有趣的时代 - May you live in interesting times.

Visit wagertracker and participate in free contests and track your picks.

Comment

Working...
          X