only someone from ohio could think of this

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• only someone from ohio could think of this

From the county where drunk driving is considered a sport, comes this true story. Recently a routine police patrol parked outside a bar in COLUMBUS,OHIO after last call the officer noticed a man leaving the bar so apparently intoxicated that he could barely walk.

The man stumbled around the parking lot for a few minutes, with the officer quietly observing. After what seemed an eternity in which he tried his keys on five different vehicles, the man managed to find his car and fall into it. He sat there for a few minutes as a number of other
    patrons left the bar and drove off.

Finally he started the car, switched the wipers on and off--it was a fine, dry summer night--,flicked the blinkers on and off a couple of times, honked the horn and then switched on the lights. He moved the vehicle forward a few inches, reversed a little and then remained still for a few more minutes as some more of the other patrons' vehicles left. At last, when his was the only car left in the parking lot, he pulled out and drove slowly down the road.

The police officer, having waited patiently all this time, now started up his patrol car, put on the flashing lights, promptly pulled the man over and administered a breathalyzer test. To his amazement, the breathalyzer indicated no evidence that the man had consumed any alcohol at all!

Dumbfounded, the officer said, I'll have to ask you to accompany me to the sherriffs office. This breathalyzer equipment must be broken."

"I doubt it," said the truly proud non-drinker. "Tonight I'm the designated decoy."

ALL OF MY PROUD ****IN' OHIO FRIENDS REPOST THIS AS " DUI OHIO STYLE"

Hate to be a downer, but I have to chime in.

Urban Legends Reference Pages: De Coy Drunk

And I'm all for some beers on a night out, but I'm not a fan of drinking and driving. Just my 2 cents of course...no offense, just don't think it's worth it, or right to do.

It is a funny story though.
    If a guy doesn't have any gamble in him, he ain't worth a crap - Evel Knievel
    What's done in the dark will be brought to the light -Johnny Cash

Comment

It is illegal for a cop to sit outside of a bar and wait for people to drive off. Entrapment my friends.

Or at least I'm told as much.

Comment

Originally posted by NittanyLions94 View Post
        It is illegal for a cop to sit outside of a bar and wait for people to drive off. Entrapment my friends.

That may be true but all they have to do is say you were speeding, you didn't signal correctly, your tail light looked like it was out, they can come up with any excuse they want to show it ain't entrapment.

Comment

:laughing: Yeah right. Saturday Night they set 2 blocks down from the Moose Lodge and rack up. They can set in the parking lot. Which I've seen them do and ask the drunks if they need them to call them a cab.
          NFL 2-0. Week 1
          Nfl 2-2week 2

Comment

Nitt, you got about the worst advice I've ever heard, my man. That could not be further from the truth. Entrapment is when an officer coerces someone to do something illegal that they weren't planning on doing if not for the conduct/coercion of the officer. In essence, you've got someone who had no predisposition to do something illegal and were then coerced to do so by an officer.

An officer sitting outside in a parking lot looking for drunk drivers isn't entrapment. The officer hasn't coerced the person to get **** faced and then hasn't coerced them to drive.

Officers in a parking lot of a bar is a good idea. If you were drunk, would you go get in your car and drive if you saw an officer? I wouldn't. On the other hand, if you're an officer and want to catch someone drinking and driving, sitting in a parking lot is pretty stupid. So it boils down to whether the officer is trying to prevent drunk driving (sitting in a lot causes people to call cabs) or if the officer just wants to catch someone (sit down the street and watch)

That does it for your pre-law lesson today. I want a 10 page legal memorandum prepared by next week on the issue of entrapment, citing case law...LOL!
            "You come at the King, you best not miss." Omar

Comment

Funny....someone jsut told me that joke yesterday! LOL:thumbs:
              Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

Working...
              X