FlyersFan, emv, V3 and others

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FlyersFan, emv, V3 and others

Hope you are all safe and sound and not displaced or have homes in the belly of the fires out there. Had no clue how serious this was until reading more about it last night and following it on the news.

Hope all you So Cal guys are ok out there :thumbs:

i second everything cuse has said :beerbang: :beerbang:
    ****all plays 4.4 units to win 4 units unless otherwise noted****

NBA 20-22 -16.8 units
    NHL 1-0 +4.0 units
    MLB 0-1 -4.8 units
    CFB 12-6-1 +21.6 units

Comment

Ditto from Happy Valley.....sure wish you had the rains we're getting......:sm:
      Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

Originally posted by CuseFan10 View Post
        Hope you are all safe and sound and not displaced or have homes in the belly of the fires out there. Had no clue how serious this was until reading more about it last night and following it on the news.

Hope all you So Cal guys are ok out there :thumbs:
        :thumbs: ....i am about anywhere from a mile to 3 miles from one of the worst areas. luckily i live in a relatively flat area and not hanging off the side of some canyon. it is really really really bad, especially in San Diego. It was just a surreal site when i came home yesterday up the 5 fwy to the newest "magic" fire which started about 1/4 mile from my place (luckily it moved the other way away from me). Smoke just into the sky like a war zone. Quebec 1 and 2 (huge fixed winged tankers) and probably 4 other planes were just circling dropping on this thing. They are getting water for the helicopters from the country club across the street. Firetrucks from as far as 4-500 miles away north of the Bay Area are down here. They are everywhere. It is like a freeking war zone around me. Luckily the winds are supposed to die down after today. Guy was killed in my community trying to save his house with a garden hose yesterday. Not a bright move. If you guys have never seen these wildfires, they just have a mind of their own. They actually cause their own weather patterns within the fire. I can't tell you how good these firemen are, though. They get into these neighborhoods like the one up the street from me and just battle to save these houses. They saved a few down the street and up the hill from me last night. It got so bad in the area down by my parents that 8 FF's had to deploy their fire shelters and let the thing run them over. I just got home and the one across the valley from me just flared up again.
        I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

Be safe Matt and all the rest of ya be safe too.

Pray for rain
          NFL 2-0. Week 1
          Nfl 2-2week 2

Comment

Unbelievable...Stay safe fellas!!!!

Comment

The one thing I hate about fires although you live, is you lose everything you own. GL Matt and the rest
              If its fun, do it

Comment

Yeah, good luck to everyone in the Greater San Diego area, stay safe.
                NCAA Hoops 09': 0 - 0 (0 Units)

Comment

I will keep hoping for the best for all of you all.
                  If it ain't fun, don't do it!

Comment

stay safe fellas..

Comment

Hey you So Cal folks...my best wishes that you and your homes/apartments/belongings stay safe. I also hope y'all don't suffer any ill efffects from the smoke blowing all around you. We had some wildfires out here in okieland a year ago last spring and it sure does distract you from your day to day lives. (The closest to my house was about a mile away. I just kept hoping the wind didn't shift and push it towards me which luckily it didn't)
                      My thoughts are with y'all for good fortune and quiet, gentle breezes :sm:
                      2007 NCAAF Season record (Thru week 7)
                      39-51 -55.2 units

Comment

Godspeed ya'll :thumbs:
                        :hide:

"Schooly D is fat cake yo."
                        -Big Pimpin-

Comment

Thanks Cuse.

My situation is not bad compared to what others are going through. 2 of my clients in SD lost their homes, another of mine in OC is really close to it and is about to evacuate. Ash has settled down a bit, gets your car dirty, streets, etc. Strong winds knocked a ton of trees down and brush was everywhere, but they already cleaned that up. The winds also took down some poles and power, but it seems stable now.

It's effecting my business more than anything. Like I said, not complaining, it could be a lot worse.

The winds were killin it. If you think "oh, its just wind, like Chicago no big deal", no, it was taking out poles and trees on my street, my patio was torn up, it was pretty strong.

I'm alright though. Good lookin out...

Comment

3rd time evacuated in 6 weeks....love mountain living. Cedar Fire got the base of the stairs leading up to the house (I live on the side of a hill) Beginning to get complaciant... My wife is thinking that Cedar Rapids ls looking better and better. Bless all the rest of you So Cal guys!!
                            "A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson

Comment

I'll say another prayer to St. Patrick for you and yours....

Stay safe.......

Sham....

NFL: 14-12 (+7.75)

CBB: 07-08: 54-43(+11.25) RD 3-1

Comment

Working...
                              X