TV Experts?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TV Experts?

In the market for my first HD TV (thanks Tom Brady, lol!)

Any suggestions???

I really like the 42 inch samsung plasma hdtv if your looking for a good deal.

Comment

The thing I donb't like about plasma tv's is that images can burn into the screen permently. A regular led vizio or LG is cost effective and great picture. Got to circuit city and walmart. Shopping around could save you $100. I work with tv's all day and even the non named brand get great quality
      If its fun, do it

Comment

i actually recommend COSTCO, my b-in-law just got 52inch Vizio for 1900

sham.....

NFL: 14-12 (+7.75)

CBB: 07-08: 54-43(+11.25) RD 3-1

Comment

I just purchased a 50 inch Pioneer 5080 HD tv a few weeks ago. It is a little more pricey than others...but at Best Buy the deal was $35 monthly payments for 3 years...no interest for 3 years. The wife and I are just going to take $1,000 from our next three tax returns and have it paid off with no difficulty before the interest kicks in.

JML, I did A LOT of research before I purchased the TV and from everything I've read, it doesn't get any better than Pioneer Plasma for picture quality. A lot of it has do with Pioneer's quality of black. The better the color of black on your tv, the better the picture.

Pioneer has pretty much taken care of any issues of screen burn too. You just want to make sure you stretch any regular pictures so the bars aren't on the side. You also want to make sure you don't pause something on your screen for hours...I would never dream of doing either with such a nice tv.

Another note of interest that I found very helpful from research and even talking to the store reps. The Pioneer I got is 1080i. You could get a 1080p HD tv for about $2,000.00 more. Here's the rub...1) the only time you can get 1080p on your tv is if you spend about $400-$500 for a blu ray dvd player or playstation 3 or hd 1080p dvd player. Cable tv is years from getting 1080p channels according to the research I did. I have no interest in getting a playstation 3 because I don't do the computer gaming thing. More importantly, I read an article from cnet or zdnet or something like that where the guy said that the difference between 720 and 1080i is huge...but the difference between 1080i and 1080p is negligible and can't even be detected by a lot of ordinary television viewers.

After 3 weeks with my Pioneer, I've got to say I've never seen a better picture. Viewing sports is especially insane.

If you want to spend a little extra cash and have the top of the line based on everything I've read, you may want to look at the Pioneer Plasmas....I don't have a single complaint and whenever people come to my house, their eyes bulge and mouths drop at the quality of the picture.

GL TV shopping!
          "You come at the King, you best not miss." Omar

Comment

Thanks for the info guys!
            I was looking to spend about $1500 (or 1450 US, lol!)

I'll look into those examples...and have been reading some online reviews....

Thanks again :beerbang:

Comment

Originally posted by yomonte View Post
              I work with tv's all day
              do you have an ULTIMATE set of tools.....:beerbang:
              I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
                I really like the 42 inch samsung plasma hdtv if your looking for a good deal.
                I have one and can vouch for it. I got it at 15,000:1 ratio and it is awesome.

Comment

Ive heard that Pioneer is flat nasty.

The truth is, any plasma beats the hell out of a regular tv.

I notice a couple of you guys noted vizio, but I've read some reviews from people who have them that are happy with price but admit that the pic quality isnt as good as other tv's they've seen at their buddies houses.

I kinda like the phillips 50 incher with ambient lighting too. Great for sitting in a dark room and watching a movie.

One thing can be said for sure. TV has come a long way since we had the ol' black and white 13 inch that I grew up on watching Bird vs. Erving on Sunday mornings.

Oh the memories. Almost enough to bring a tear to my eye. lol

Comment

I've got an LG 42" plasma love it and a 26" vizio lcd which is great as well. still have a hitachi 42" plasma sitting in my warehouse thanks to kevin:thumbs:

Comment

Originally posted by coreyschucky View Post
                      still have a hitachi 42" plasma sitting in my warehouse
                      Do you need my address?? :beer2:

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
                        Thanks for the info guys!
                        I was looking to spend about $1500 (or 1450 US, lol!)

I'll look into those examples...and have been reading some online reviews....

Thanks again :beerbang:

Well, I got the 50 inch Pioneer for $2,800.00. Then bought a wall bracket so I could hang it up and also got a HDMI cable. So the total was $3,500.00. Like I said, I can swing $35 a month with no interest for 3 years and pay it off before the interest kicks in. Have it now and pay for it in 3 years...why not?

JML, the way you've been cruising in NFL, by season's end, you'll be able to purchase any HD tv you want!! LOL
                        "You come at the King, you best not miss." Omar

Comment

Originally posted by Nigel Tufnel View Post
                          I just purchased a 50 inch Pioneer 5080 HD tv a few weeks ago. !
                          I've got the same, it's worth the extra money. Looking for hockey to pick up so I can get another one but for my bedroom this time lol

Comment

Working...
                          X