No announcement yet.

Girl About To Dump Me Due To Sports

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alright, well I took a little bit of everyones advice here and made it work. Just took the best of everything. Thanks again everyone :)

Well, my first approach was the softy role last night and that just dug me in even further, so I had to flip it back on her. I pretty much told her to "go find someone else then". I'm not hyping it up or anything, thats what I told her word for word. A little harsh, but hey...
    So she got all quiet and sad and said "are you breaking up with me?". I told her "no, but I can't miss the fight". Then gets even more sad and all baby voiced (she knows it gets me) "bcuz I dont want to be with anyone else, I want u, etc etc". At that point I turned into a straight sucker again and went into compromise mode again (damnit).

Which now I'm taking the other advice from the rest of the forum and will just record it, which I do anyways when I watch it live.

So ya, relationship saved, which is cool because I actually like this one (not just a physical thing) and well, that is pretty much it. Hmm...I guess it just hit me. You know its a lot different when you type it out and read it. At the end of the day, I am missing the fight for this girl. Well, I do want to thank everyone because everything turned out OK and I did use a little bit of everyones adivse here...I guess it works out for the best.

So hopefully down the road I will have a post saying "Im getting married!" or "Damn this bytch I can't believe I missed fights for her!".

Comment

Originally posted by USFMD82 View Post
      Then the UDWF system which is what, 5-0 since I started tracking and 3-0 for me since I played
      Haha...

Whats the UDWF system your referring to and where is the group at that you were discussing? I did some googling but couldn't find much outside of "Give me your money and Ill tell you who will win"
      There is a forum on here, with Boxing and MMA. The last UDWF was Pavlik vs Taylor, just read the post...that one should explain it. Still torn on Calzaghe vs Kessler, both UDWFs but its in Joe's backyard so I may role with the hometown cooking. Nothing set in stone yet. Start a post over there, we'll chop it up.

Comment

I'm the last person to come to for advice, but I'm gonna offer mine anyways.

these guys are right, she can't make you choose, if you choose her now, wait til its more serious, and she makes you choose between more SERIOUS ****.

I have yet to run into this problem (maybe cuz I havent been in a relationship for more than 1 year), but it really is give and take.

I watch Greys Anatomy on thursdays, other than the fact that I inherently like the show, LOL, I'll sacrifice a thurs night (I still bet on a losing college fball game, but i dont have to watch it), but sundays and saturdays are mine.

and geez no disrespect to her, but how needy is she? most of the games are during the day, and the last games end round 11, we don't even get ready to go out til 1030? whats the effing problem? (central time for me, but **** give or take time zones, its still not big deal!)

just my 5 cents :thumbs:
        :hide:

"Schooly D is fat cake yo."
        -Big Pimpin-

Comment

Theres nothing wrong with some compromise. Unless of course you like living alone or with a reall doll for a companion.

Comment

Originally posted by Q-Unit View Post
            I watch Greys Anatomy on thursdays, other than the fact that I inherently like the show, LOL, I'll sacrifice a thurs night (I still bet on a losing college fball game, but i dont have to watch it), but sundays and saturdays are mine.
            My girlfriend makes me watch it. It's a pretty good show actually. Plus, you don't miss much of the football game anyway because the entire 25 minute halftime is during that hour plus tons of stupid ESPN commercials.

My advice from quickly scanning through this is simple. If you really like/love her then you you will compromise, and you don't need any advice on anything. You will have already made the decision. Another simple suggestion for boxing (which I know you love from our chats about the fights), is buy TiVo. NO ONE talks about boxing and if you are out on a Saturday night, you aren't going to stumble on to the results unless you are looking for them. The big time PPV fights that you won't miss, she should understand that but a fight like Saturday night, which should be great in Calzaghe vs Kessler, you can easily TiVo and watch when you get home or in the morning. Half this forum doesn't know who these guys are, nevermind the outside world fixated on getting drunk and laying some pipe to an even more drunk lady on a Saturday night.

:thumbs:

PS - The other thing I don't get is that you live on the West Coast so how much could this possibly be affecting "going out"? The games are over by 8pm, 9pm at the latest usually and most games I'm sure you can skip the end of since the outcome is decided well before the end of regualtion.

Comment

Originally posted by CuseFan10 View Post
              but a fight like Saturday night, which should be great in Calzaghe vs Kessler
              Thats a Mega-Fight and you know it!!!!

Ya, then we got Marquez vs Juarez, with ghost on the undercard.

Calzaghe vs Kessler is once in a lifetime and I'm missing it. Ya, I will be recording it. This chick better be wroth it, I think she is. I remember you missed Taylor vs Pavlik for that engagement party, ha, I felt for you on that one.

Ya, going out around 10pm was never a problem with my ex's but this one likes to go out at normal night hours doing normal social things, which is maybe why I like her that much. Put it like this, last night we carved pumpkins. I know it sounds lame as hell (and it is) but thats why I like her...shes just some innocent clean girl. Going out at 10 or 11, the only thing open are clubs and bars.

I don't even want to think about the fights anymore because I will probably tell her to kick rocks and watch the fights, which I shouldn't do.

Comment

Have you tried the Mario test on her??
                I have 3 rules:

1) Never get less than 12 hours sleep
                2) Never play poker against a guy that has the same name as a city.
                3) Never date chicks that have tattoos of daggers.

Comment

Originally posted by beermantm View Post
                  Have you tried the Mario test on her??
                  THE MARIOOOOOOOO TEST...................haha instant classic .....
                  ****all plays 4.4 units to win 4 units unless otherwise noted****

NBA 20-22 -16.8 units
                  NHL 1-0 +4.0 units
                  MLB 0-1 -4.8 units
                  CFB 12-6-1 +21.6 units

Comment

sports and gambling are relatively unimportant in the grand scheme of things... don't let life pass you by because you spend all your time in front of a TV.... just my .02 it's just a game... its just a fight.... very overrated when compared to the woman you love, your kids, family, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by V3r1f13d View Post
                      Calzaghe vs Kessler is once in a lifetime and I'm missing it. Ya, I will be recording it. This chick better be wroth it, I think she is. I remember you missed Taylor vs Pavlik for that engagement party, ha, I felt for you on that one.
                      Skins took the words right of my mouth. Sounds like you need to prioritize some things, and I say that respectfully not knowing you at all.

Geez man, Calzaghe vs Kessler is not that big a deal. Like I said, NO ONE in this forum even knows who these guys are, nevermind the rest of the world. It's not Ali/Frazier for crying out loud, it's just another fight. I like boxing, but I'm not gonna stay home and watch it if something exciting is going on with my friends and family and whatnot. It's not even Taylor/Pavlik (which no one cared about).

Priorities man, priorities.
                      Last edited by CuseFan10; 10-30-2007, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Ha, I guess there is something wrong with me. So she compensates and moves it to next weekend (all on her own, not checking with me), and that's Cotto vs Mosley, which I don't want to miss either.

Ya, at the end of the day I guess it's me with the problem and not her.

I get what you are saying, and I completely agree, but I just can't see myself missing these fights. Damn, I got issues.

Thanks guys, no offense taken....just made me realize things. Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by Queen View Post
                          Darn shame, when you could be over here screwing my brains out.

Now tell me you would not have turned off the TV and caught ESPN later.
                          The sick thing is that I leave it on and take sneak peaks at the TV during.

Comment

Originally posted by Skinsfan View Post
                            sports and gambling are relatively unimportant in the grand scheme of things... don't let life pass you by because you spend all your time in front of a TV.... just my .02 it's just a game... its just a fight.... very overrated when compared to the woman you love, your kids, family, etc.
                            I agree with skins and cuse, but another thing I have to stir up, is... no woman should make you choose!

when she needs to go to the beauty parlor, or shopping, or out with her friends, etc... the **** dont hit the fan as fast as when we want to watch sports.

I agree there are more important things in life, but also sports is a part of our lives, it creates a very strong comraderie between you and your friends, your family, and even your internet friends! I dont care what all you ****ers look like or smell like, if I know its you and I see you out in the real world, I'm buying you a drink. Sports is the anesthesia of life IMO... now it shouldnt be the heroine either, but like others have touched upon, especially if you live on the west coast and most of the **** is done early, your plans shouldnt interfere. and TIVO or whatever tv recorder device available is a very nice luxury!

not to mention I have a treo, with fast internet access, I can easily check scores on my phone, and if I am that fanatic enough, I could get a slingbox (i think thats the right name), and hook that **** up to my tivo machine, and you can watch your own recordings straight on your phone!

if yo have the money V, i suggest getting this hookup, so you can go out and enjoy an eevening, and in down time, fire up the treo and watch your fight.

now if she nags you about this, i can't help you there, its a gray area, she shouldnt nag, but then again its pretty crazy to have such a device just to watch a fight.

your love for boxing makes you who you are, dont change for her. if she is truly great, then taht means y ou like her for who she is, and she should too... she should understand, and when you go that extra mile and compromise such as missing one fight, she should appreciate that and see that you are really into her.

its like the old saying, "women want men to change even though they won't, and men don't want women to change, even though they will."

just my 3 dollars :thumbs:
                            :hide:

"Schooly D is fat cake yo."
                            -Big Pimpin-

Comment

If this is "the girl" you look at settling down, marry, and have kids later, then I suggest don't **** this up. Use some common sense ability. Girls are there to play these games that makes men like us to use our brain once in awhile. It's not rocket scientist, it's common sense. If she says you can watch the fight, it's really saying, "Do whatever the **** you want. If that makes you happy, then I'm out..." Like I said before, it's all about sacraficing. I can only show you the door, you're the one that has to walk through it.

Good luck...
                              Rowdy Rowdy Red!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AddictedToBetting View Post
                                If this is "the girl" you look at settling down, marry, and have kids later,..
                                Then set her ass straight NOW!!!!!!!!!!!:beerbang:

down the road, when you decide to pass up a fight, and spend the night with her, that's gonna be a whole lot better!!!!! ....

Comment

Working...
                                X