Pageing Dr.homedawg

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pageing Dr.homedawg

Or anyone else that has a clue.....My computer has been diconnecting offline everytime the phone rings...I have Bellsouth FastAccess Internet service and have had no problem until about six weeks ago it started. I know ATT bought out bellsouth about that same time. Do I need to make some kind of adjustment on my comp ?....it also dissconnects when I am playing online games on my playstation...every time the phone rings...its like I am on dial up and I dont know how I got there....Thanks for any help.

pull the phone cable outta your 'puter...:thumbs:

Comment

Thx HD......You Da Man ! :thumbs:

Comment

Originally posted by homedawg View Post
        pull the phone cable outta your 'puter...:thumbs:
        Hey, are you in IT?

Comment

Originally posted by Whaleydog View Post
          Or anyone else that has a clue.....My computer has been diconnecting offline everytime the phone rings...I have Bellsouth FastAccess Internet service and have had no problem until about six weeks ago it started. I know ATT bought out bellsouth about that same time. Do I need to make some kind of adjustment on my comp ?....it also dissconnects when I am playing online games on my playstation...every time the phone rings...its like I am on dial up and I dont know how I got there....Thanks for any help.

If this is dial up were talking it sounds like the call waiting is not disabled. If it is dial up then your living a miserable existence man. Get DSL or Cable man!!!
          I have 3 rules:

1) Never get less than 12 hours sleep
          2) Never play poker against a guy that has the same name as a city.
          3) Never date chicks that have tattoos of daggers.

Comment

Originally posted by beermantm View Post
            If this is dial up were talking it sounds like the call waiting is not disabled. If it is dial up then your living a miserable existence man. Get DSL or Cable man!!!

He has high speed, via the ethernet cable (preferred) or usb cable.. but when people change over from dial up, they forget to remove the phone cable from their 'puter, therefore windows will ALWAYS show the connection, for internet access, which can cause issues.... :beer2:

Comment

Oh man, I'm a comp. and printer techy also. You don't want to listen to my horror stories of what kind of customers I get.

I remember this one time a customer called in and told me that his comp. wasn't powering on. I told him it was the power supply. He said his power supply works perfectly. Then I ask him again to unplug his power cord, plug it back in, and to make sure he didn't accidentally turn off the power switch to his power supply. Well about 30 minutes on the phone with this moron, he thinks I'm wrong about his power supply. I told him to bring it into my shop and I'll check if it's the power supply. I told him I'm wrong and it's not the power supply, I'll replace whatever part for him for free and free labor. Well, 30 mins. later he came in with his computer. I went back into my warehouse and found an extra power supply from a computer I stripped down 2 months ago. Went back and install it and behold the computer boots up. The guy was shock and I sat there looked at him with a stupid face. I told him that's gonna cost $50 for the power supply + tax + labor = $175. Talk about easy money right there. I fix that **** up in less than 10 mins. LOL!!! :laughing:
              Rowdy Rowdy Red!!!

Comment

Working...
              X