Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2 in a row Betting Stragety, would this work?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 in a row Betting Stragety, would this work?

I have put myself in a big mess. I bet bigger then my bankroll and now Im in the negative. I realize now how to be a more responsible gambler and how to keep my money and give it a chance to win for me, but I need to get above ground first.

I keep thinking of this idea and I if anyone can give an opinion it would be appreciated. Ok, first you bet a play you like with your 1 unit (whatever the unit is). You win that game and then take the original unit plus all your profit and then bet it on a 2nd game. So $200 would become around $381 and then $381 would become around $763. Now after winning 2 in a row like this, I will drop back down to betting $200 a game. Anytime I win 2 in a row I will always drop back down to my orginal unit. And if I win the first $200 bet but lose the 2nd $200 bet, I will just start over and try to win 2 in a row. I noticed this way makes more money then if you were doing a 2 play parlay for $200.

I really have put a lot of thought into this and it may be able to get me out of the hole. What do you guys think? I have been chasing loses and making stupid mistakes, but I really think I am onto something here. Thank you for your time and tell me what you think about my idea. $200 becomes damn near $800 in 2 games with my idea, thats why I like it.

Take $20 and double it till you win 10 bets in a row. Just pick 10 winners without losing and you will be OK.
    Last edited by yomonte; 11-03-2007, 07:02 PM.
    If its fun, do it

Comment

Parlay = lure them in with a big payout but make them pick atleast two winners.
      If its fun, do it

Comment

Originally posted by yomonte View Post
        Take $20 and double it till you win 10 bets in a row. Just pick 10 winners without losing and you will be OK.
        Haha, almost my exact thoughts. All you have to do is never lose!!! :thumbs:

Comment

Betting single units is the best way to go then?

Comment

Here is the problem. Your actual chance of picking the right side of a game is 50/50 or you have exactly 50% chance of winning built in. The math works simply like this if you play one game you are 50% likely to win and 50% likely to lose but if you bet two games you multiply the percentages together:

.5 * .5 = .25

So your chance of winning both games drops you down to 25%

3 games

.5 * .5 * .5 = .125 or 12.5%

Lets say you felt 80% confident on both games you choose..........

.8 * .8 = .64 or 64% So even with the high expectation of winning both choices you would still only win it just better than half the time. With the lines as accurate as they are and the vigorish being paid by the winner according to how much they win, it will be hard to find two games at 80% confidence. It would be a rare occurrence.

You would be much better off playing three team parlays because you'll save a slight bit of money on the Vig charges.
            I have 3 rules:

1) Never get less than 12 hours sleep
            2) Never play poker against a guy that has the same name as a city.
            3) Never date chicks that have tattoos of daggers.

Comment

Stop gambling now:thumbs:

Comment

Originally posted by TheGoods420 View Post
                Betting single units is the best way to go then?
                Yes
                I have 3 rules:

1) Never get less than 12 hours sleep
                2) Never play poker against a guy that has the same name as a city.
                3) Never date chicks that have tattoos of daggers.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry View Post
                  Stop gambling now:thumbs:
                  Yup.

Comment

Some wise points made here.
                    1. Hopefully you are in the negative only with funds that you could afford to lose.
                    2. Swallow your losses. Stop betting for awhile and just play on paper.
                    3. When you feel comfortable with your play selections on paper, move back into the real betting world.
                    4. When you have some extra play $$$ which you can afford to lose completely, put it in a safe, offshore account like any of the ones that are advertised here.
                    5. Make only one or 2 single plays with no more than 10% of your total bankroll. If you have $200 in your account, then risk only a total of $20.00 on those 2 plays I mentioned.
                    6. Most importantly: STOP CHASING NOW! TODAY! Promise yourself and us here that you will never chase another play ever.
                    Make a few more today than you made or lost yesterday

Comment

If it were this easy to make money then don't you think everyone would be doing it?

You need to have a decent sized winning percentage (i.e. 55% against -110 odds) to make parlays a better choice than straight bets.

As such, if you're serious about betting sports you should educate yourself first. Two good starters are Wong's Sharp Sports Betting and Yao's Weighing the Odds in Sports Betting.

Understand the topics in those books and you'll be ahead of a majority of people that bet sports.

:thumbs:

Comment

I would have been even if my dad did not bother me to the point where I changed a big winning pick. I had the winner but he would not leave me alone and I changed it to the loser since he said the line was too high. I keep trying to chase the losses and now im over $4000 in debt. I really need to get this money back then I have no problems betting smaller. Its kind of hard to want to bet $100 a game or whatever when your 4k in the negative with money you do not have. I really wish I could hit 2 big bets and I swear to god I will cut down and bet smaller units more within my bankroll. I need to win 2 big bets very bad. The sad thing is if I had an environment where I could concentrate and make picks in peace I am not in debt at all. But I do not have that kind of environment. I am 23 with no hope at all of getting money or enjoying life. I am sick of being poor and just wish I could win 2 bets in a row. Though I do not have the money to pay back, I would like to bet $1,000 twice and then stop any of these huge bets and just bet small consistent units like you guys are telling me. All I do is bust my ass off everyday for money and I honestly have absolutely nothing. I need to win 2 games very bad or I will be going bankrupt. Again, I am down no money if I could have been left alone when I was making a very huge play, but my father bothers me and puts down my pick. He has a horrible habit of taking my off winning picks. Like I pick a winner and he puts it down, so I dont bet at it wins. Then a few days later I bet and I lose. The sickest is when I pick winners day after day but they are not the games I have money on. I cant win no matter what I do. I need the Cavs to win tommorrow along with 1 more play and I will take my losses and try to chip away at this debt and make myself some money after.

I will check out those books. I didnt have money to place on nfl, and my damn picks go 4/4 yesterday. The week before I was also broke and went 5-0 between sunday and monday. But then when I did have money to bet I would lose almost every game. I am so screwed, I really was going to try hard this season on betting proper units, but I could never win that 1 big bet that would make me even. I had to keep chasing my losses. I came up with a great pick over 215 in denver when they played the sonics, but my idiot father said the line is too high when I asked him not to say a word. So, I went from depositing $500 to put on the over to completely changing it and taking someones pick off this board which was denver -6 in the 1st half. Im not even kidding, I think I have won about 20% of the plays ive taken from here since the baseball season. This board has only put me in a bigger debt, any picks I take from here are losers and I do not know why.

The Cavs are a very similar team to Utah, I am fairly confident they should win that game. What do you guys think? If I can win 2 games in a row I would be so thankful and grateful, I will still be down maybe $1000 but that is a debt I can live with and chip away at. I need god to stop taking a **** on me everyday. I need the Cavs to play like the Eastern Conference Champions. I need 1 more winner to go along with the cavs tommorrow and I swear to god I wont bet a lot anymore unless I ever got money one day. and could afford to lose it. Maybe since there has been so many upsets this year already in the nba, I should take the Cavs in the spread and parlay it with 1 or 2 of the biggest moneyline favorites on the card tommorrow. What do you guys think?

Comment

Its only a peaceful environment if Im winning. But for some fked up reason god wanted my dad to bother me to the point where I would change my bet, and now I am going to have a $7k credit card maxed out if I cant win 2 big bets....

Comment

Originally posted by Meestermike View Post
                            Some wise points made here.
                            1. Hopefully you are in the negative only with funds that you could afford to lose.
                            2. Swallow your losses. Stop betting for awhile and just play on paper.
                            3. When you feel comfortable with your play selections on paper, move back into the real betting world.
                            4. When you have some extra play $$$ which you can afford to lose completely, put it in a safe, offshore account like any of the ones that are advertised here.
                            5. Make only one or 2 single plays with no more than 10% of your total bankroll. If you have $200 in your account, then risk only a total of $20.00 on those 2 plays I mentioned.
                            6. Most importantly: STOP CHASING NOW! TODAY! Promise yourself and us here that you will never chase another play ever.

adding:
                            * Keep friends and family dont ask dont tell basis on your betting....

Comment

Originally posted by TheGoods420 View Post
                              I would have been even if my dad did not bother me to the point where I changed a big winning pick. I had the winner but he would not leave me alone and I changed it to the loser since he said the line was too high. I keep trying to chase the losses and now im over $4000 in debt. I really need to get this money back then I have no problems betting smaller. Its kind of hard to want to bet $100 a game or whatever when your 4k in the negative with money you do not have. I really wish I could hit 2 big bets and I swear to god I will cut down and bet smaller units more within my bankroll. I need to win 2 big bets very bad. The sad thing is if I had an environment where I could concentrate and make picks in peace I am not in debt at all. But I do not have that kind of environment. I am 23 with no hope at all of getting money or enjoying life. I am sick of being poor and just wish I could win 2 bets in a row. Though I do not have the money to pay back, I would like to bet $1,000 twice and then stop any of these huge bets and just bet small consistent units like you guys are telling me. All I do is bust my ass off everyday for money and I honestly have absolutely nothing. I need to win 2 games very bad or I will be going bankrupt. Again, I am down no money if I could have been left alone when I was making a very huge play, but my father bothers me and puts down my pick. He has a horrible habit of taking my off winning picks. Like I pick a winner and he puts it down, so I dont bet at it wins. Then a few days later I bet and I lose. The sickest is when I pick winners day after day but they are not the games I have money on. I cant win no matter what I do. I need the Cavs to win tommorrow along with 1 more play and I will take my losses and try to chip away at this debt and make myself some money after.

I will check out those books. I didnt have money to place on nfl, and my damn picks go 4/4 yesterday. The week before I was also broke and went 5-0 between sunday and monday. But then when I did have money to bet I would lose almost every game. I am so screwed, I really was going to try hard this season on betting proper units, but I could never win that 1 big bet that would make me even. I had to keep chasing my losses. I came up with a great pick over 215 in denver when they played the sonics, but my idiot father said the line is too high when I asked him not to say a word. So, I went from depositing $500 to put on the over to completely changing it and taking someones pick off this board which was denver -6 in the 1st half. Im not even kidding, I think I have won about 20% of the plays ive taken from here since the baseball season. This board has only put me in a bigger debt, any picks I take from here are losers and I do not know why.

The Cavs are a very similar team to Utah, I am fairly confident they should win that game. What do you guys think? If I can win 2 games in a row I would be so thankful and grateful, I will still be down maybe $1000 but that is a debt I can live with and chip away at. I need god to stop taking a **** on me everyday. I need the Cavs to play like the Eastern Conference Champions. I need 1 more winner to go along with the cavs tommorrow and I swear to god I wont bet a lot anymore unless I ever got money one day. and could afford to lose it. Maybe since there has been so many upsets this year already in the nba, I should take the Cavs in the spread and parlay it with 1 or 2 of the biggest moneyline favorites on the card tommorrow. What do you guys think?
                              I know exactly wat your going threw right now. My friend is/was (hopefully the latter) really bad with money management. He had gone up but was betting with a friends account and never got the money cuz the friend lost too much. He then got his own site and he was winning some losing some but i guess he was hoping for a big payout and started betting to much at a time then chasing his loses.

Well 15K later at the time only 17 you see were this story gets out of control. He lost got money from me to pay it off said he would stop. Did it again, got money from his mom and said he would never do it again. At this time shes thinking it was the 1st time and saying she paid bills instead of his debt. He stoped maybe 2 days, started again and lost d this time his dad found out. Not 3 weeks later does he leave a note saying i lost another 5 grand. My buddy just kept chasing his loses and drove everyone down with him. Now he didnt have the money to pay off the 1st debt forget about the 4th.

I guess what im trying to say is that some people are just not supposed to be gambling. Take it as a sign, that when you bet for fun u win but when u bet for money u lose. Its just not what your supposed to be investing your money towards.

I hate to see anyone lose it doesnt matter who u are. I know its gonna be tough to stop but if u really, i mean really have to gamble make it a measly $20 so that you still get some action but at the same time dont ruin your life. Know losing that money sucks and the first thing ur thinking is to get it back quick then going small and chipping away, how about you start chipping away little by little now so your not doing any more damage then your already have.

Best of luck
                              Predictem Record: (1 unit=$25)
                              NHL TOTAL---> 21-17-0 (+10.47 units)
                              CBB TOTAL---> 21-21-1 (-4.72 units)
                              CFB TOTAL---> 0-0-0
                              NBA TOTAL---> 0-0-0
                              ---------------------------------------------------
                              2010 TOTAL--->42-38-1 (5.75 units)
                              ---------------------------------------------------
                              2009 TOTAL--->198-177-9 (+7.62 units)

Comment

Working...
                              X