X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turn your head if you get queasy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cn2_XPls68E
    NCAA YTD: 2-3-2 -3.9 units.

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself, but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle." Sun Tzu- The Art of War

Mannn... that's terrible. First time I seen it.... Just terrible.
    2010 NFL Football

1-0 +$1,000

2010 NCAA Football

1-0 +$1,500

Soccer

68-16 +$18,429.12

2010 WORLD CUP

25-10 +$17,964.62

Comment

Torn ACL, MCL, PCL, and Leteral Miniscus? That's probably the end of road for him.
      2010 NFL Football

1-0 +$1,000

2010 NCAA Football

1-0 +$1,500

Soccer

68-16 +$18,429.12

2010 WORLD CUP

25-10 +$17,964.62

Comment

What's really screwed up is that he had the SAME injury his rookie year, but to his other leg.

F'n OUCH.

The guy's got major potential too. I heard he has a torn ACL, MCL AND PCL. Hope he comes out of it ok.

Comment

Don't even have to look (though I did) to know it's Shaun. Freakin BRUTAL, ouch! Poor kid...

Comment

I know it is easy to say this now, but he should have come to Duke for atleast a year, these kids dont realize how much a year of college will do for them. Understand he has had the injury bug his whole career but I still think he should have come to Duke for atleast a year.
            NCAAF: 50-39-5 (+6.35 units)
            NFL: 36-35-6 (-2.00 units)
            NHL: 4-8-0 (-2.80 units)
            NCAAB: 7-4 (+1.75 units)

Comment

Originally posted by Stifler's Mom View Post
              What's really screwed up is that he had the SAME injury his rookie year, but to his other leg.

F'n OUCH.

The guy's got major potential too. I heard he has a torn ACL, MCL AND PCL. Hope he comes out of it ok.
              He also tore his meniscus and something else. I don't think his injury a couple years ago was anywhere near this severe. The one doctor on TV said there basically isn't a worse injury an athlete can have. If he comes back to anywhere near the level he was at or was going to be, god bless the kid! He has tons of hard work ahead of him now.

Comment

Originally posted by GamblinMan03 View Post
                I know it is easy to say this now, but he should have come to Duke for atleast a year, these kids dont realize how much a year of college will do for them. Understand he has had the injury bug his whole career but I still think he should have come to Duke for atleast a year.

So now going to Duke solves all people's injuries problems too? WHAT A GREAT PLACE!!!!!!

Who knew? Haha... He was the 4th OVERALL pick in the draft. Not one person on Earth would have turned that down. If you do you're an idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by CuseFan10 View Post
                  So now going to Duke solves all people's injuries problems too? WHAT A GREAT PLACE!!!!!!
                  Come on Cuse....Duke is a premier School of Medicine! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by CuseFan10 View Post

Who knew? Haha... He was the 4th OVERALL pick in the draft. Not one person on Earth would have turned that down. If you do you're an idiot.
                    i.e. see Joakim Noah
                    2010 NFL Football

1-0 +$1,000

2010 NCAA Football

1-0 +$1,500

Soccer

68-16 +$18,429.12

2010 WORLD CUP

25-10 +$17,964.62

Comment

Originally posted by xHeroOfTheDayx View Post
                      i.e. see Joakim Noah
                      Not to tell you that you are wrong Hero, but ummm, you are wrong. Joakim Noah doesn't apply because he is already rich beyond belief from his father's reggae success in Europe and all over the world. He doesn't need money so he doesn't need to leave school if he likes it. Maybe Livingston didn't need money too, I can honestly say I don't know his background, but I'm guessing he was not rich like Noah is.

Maybe Matt Leinart is better example???? But he seems to be doing okay for himself these days anyway (And I'll go out on a limb as say Matty didn't grow up poor in the ghetto somewhere, haha).

And on other note, I'm sorry but Joakim Noah is not good. In fact, other than shot blocking, I'm tempted to say he is so NOT good that he's almost bad. He isn't half the player Al Horford is, IMHO and will never be a factor in the NBA.

Comment

He has never lived up to the hype in thr NBA. He wasnt ready for it, simple as that. Did not matter where he was drafted, he wasnt ready and it looks like it is going to cost him his career. If he went to Duke, there is a chance those injuries dont happen. You never know. Anyway to bash Duke though, incredible how people cant pass it up. I love being a Duke fan, never going to run out of laughs.

They passed the age limit because these kids arent ready. Injuries aside, he never lived up to anything to where he was drafted.
                        NCAAF: 50-39-5 (+6.35 units)
                        NFL: 36-35-6 (-2.00 units)
                        NHL: 4-8-0 (-2.80 units)
                        NCAAB: 7-4 (+1.75 units)

Comment

I didn't even know that... so good call. I guess he really doesn't give a **** eaither way then. But in terms of what would of been the best outcome for him... he probably should of left Florida. But yeah, why the hell would he even care then.
                          2010 NFL Football

1-0 +$1,000

2010 NCAA Football

1-0 +$1,500

Soccer

68-16 +$18,429.12

2010 WORLD CUP

25-10 +$17,964.62

Comment

As a Clippers fan, and one who watches most of their games, I must disagree. He played extremely well in the playoffs last year. The problem is that he is not being aggressive enough. He doesn't take advantage of opportunities. He's always looking to pass, even when the best option available to him is to shoot or drive to the basket. That is a COACHING problem, not an ability one. Either coach Dunleavy WANTS him to always be looking to pass, or he's not teaching him to be more aggressive when the situation calls for it....but that's not on the player.

It doesn't help that his teammates aren't doing **** this year either....either because of injury or poor play.

Not everyone can make a difference right away, but I have no doubts that he would have been a great player a few years down the road.

And really, how many guys have there been who went to college and played the full 4 seasons, or at least a few, were "all that" in college, and were either very marginal players, or just completely sucked ass in the NBA?

It also amazes me, that no matter who the player is, or what his decision was, most people tend to side with "he made the right choice" if he comes into the NBA and succeeds, or "he screwed up" if passes on college and then he doesn't. What if Lebron James would have turned out to be a bust? Or Kevin Garnett? Or Kobe Bryant? Yep, people would have said those guys should have gone to school too.

The politically correct dumbasses on TV say "go to school....graduate...etc etc"...but I think anyone with any common sense would have done what he did. I mean really, what do you need a college degree for if you have XX million dollars from playing hoops? You don't.

Comment

Stiff - Duke would have solved any of all of those problems though... duh!!!

You would know better than anyone on Livingston since you are a Clipper fan. I thought he emerged in the playoffs last year and was headed for big things this season, but much like the rest of team, I'd have to agree Dunleavy has been less than stellar to put it nicely and probably stunted Shaun's growth. He clearly has superior tools and instincts to be a great NBA point guard, IMHO (whether he went to Duke for 1 year, or not).

Comment

Working...
                              X