X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giving out your SS#

Hey fellas -

Question for you -

Would you guys give a book your SS# to set up your account for cc deposits? betus.com is asking for it.

They first asked for the last 4 digits to have me complete a 'quiz' to verify I am who I claim to be over the phone.

Well, the 4 digits didn't work - so then they asked for my entire SS#. I didn't give it to them.

Would you guys? Anyone have experience with this and the online books with SS#?
    If a guy doesn't have any gamble in him, he ain't worth a crap - Evel Knievel
    What's done in the dark will be brought to the light -Johnny Cash

I wouldn't. Gambling is not that important to me that I would give out information to a website I'm not completely sure about that could ruin my life.

Why do they need all 7 now if originally they only asked for 4? That seems a bit shady.

Comment

Yeah, I agree with you Cuse - which is why I declined. Just curious on everyone else's experiences....still can't find a damn book that offers soccer o/u's!

Comment

I definitely wouldn't. Why in the world would they need your full SS#?
        2010 NFL Football

1-0 +$1,000

2010 NCAA Football

1-0 +$1,500

Soccer

68-16 +$18,429.12

2010 WORLD CUP

25-10 +$17,964.62

Comment

Yeah definately don't give them your full SS#.

I also think you shouldn't be placing bets with a credit card, but that's a whole different issue.

Comment

I wouldn't either!!!

I wanted to watch some horse races on the net and you can do it through youbet.com.

The first thing they wanted was my ss#. I guess i'd have to give up gambling if that's the only way that i could sert up an account or deposit money.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan View Post
              Yeah definately don't give them your full SS#.

I also think you shouldn't be placing bets with a credit card, but that's a whole different issue.
              Yeah, I hear you. I put the money in with the cc (as it's the only option) and immediately pay off the balance. I never gamble with money I don't have. Isn't that a cardinal rule or somethin'? ha

Anyway, looks like I'll continue to be an outsider....fricken sucks.

Comment

Yeah it's a cardinal rule. :D

Just want to make sure... most people don't have the same sentiments.

Comment

rjp - you ever use moneygram to fund an account before?

Comment

Originally posted by NevadaJay View Post
                    Hey fellas -

Question for you -

Would you guys give a book your SS# to set up your account for cc deposits?
                    N.F.W.........

Comment

Originally posted by homedawg View Post
                      N.F.W.........

Agreed. Even if its legit, god forbid, they close shop, and sell their data to Guido Identity Thieves inc. SSN is for banks, employers, and ex-wifes (in the latter case, preferably one with some digits transposed).
                      可你住在有趣的时代 - May you live in interesting times.

Visit wagertracker and participate in free contests and track your picks.

Comment

Im not adding much value here to the convo, but I wouldnt either.

Now if they asked for last four digits that'd be fine. Just not whole thing.

Comment

Do they say WHY they want it? I'v never came across an instance where i'v been asked for it.
                          2010 NFL Football

1-0 +$1,000

2010 NCAA Football

1-0 +$1,500

Soccer

68-16 +$18,429.12

2010 WORLD CUP

25-10 +$17,964.62

Comment

Originally posted by xHeroOfTheDayx View Post
                            Do they say WHY they want it? I'v never came across an instance where i'v been asked for it.
                            Yeah - when I talked to the rep on the phone, we were trying to fund the account with a cc. Apparently, they use a system that uses a unique identifier that helps them to verify you are who you claim to be on the phone. The verification starts with them asking me for my last 4 digits of my SS#. I felt ok giving that. What is supposed to happen next is a series of questions that follow that only I would know the answers to (previous addresses, phone numbers, etc. - stuff that they get from the 3 credit bureaus). What really happened is that, so they claim, the last 4 digits weren't working, for whatever reason. So then, at that point they asked for all of the numbers...they said this does happen from time to time, but that normally just the last 4 digits does the trick.

So the guy didn't push - he says 'yeah, i can understand if you're not comfortable giving that out. your other option is to get to a moneygram location and send us funds that way instead.' So he gave me all of that information. Now, when I check out moneygram, they also want my SS#. Christ!!! Now what??

The guy was nice, but hey, who wouldn't be when they are trying to get your money, ya know? I think these are all signs that are screaming 'Nevada, give it up man, it's not going to happen for ya, ya schmuck'....

Comment

I wouldn't of gave it out eaither. I don't care what the circumstances are, I just don't give out my SS#.. ESPECIALLY to a book.

Im sure you'll find some way which won't require them getting your full SS#
                              2010 NFL Football

1-0 +$1,000

2010 NCAA Football

1-0 +$1,500

Soccer

68-16 +$18,429.12

2010 WORLD CUP

25-10 +$17,964.62

Comment

Working...
                              X