Chip Reese

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chip Reese

Amazing to hear this guy is gone! I only caught him on TV a few times and NOONE seemed to be in his league! I wished he would have played more WSOP tournaments!

My sympathies to his family and the poker world...who seemed to really love this guy!

Coolest thing I have seen in poker was when he was in a hand during the H.O.R.S.E. tourney (which he won) against Ivey...Ivey raised the pot with JQ or something and when the cameras went to Chip he looked at one card (the A of hearts) and reraised triple what Ivey had raised....only to watch Phil slump in his chair and fold!

I just thought it was cool that he only looked at one card!

SI.com - More Sports - Poker star David 'Chip' Reese dead at 56 - Wednesday December 5, 2007 12:14PM
    White crushed Americans need weird energy - Robert Pollard

Yea wsox08 brought this up yesterday, pretty sad. He is in my mind the second best poker player of all time behind Stuey Ungar, and he's the best all-around player of all time bar none.

That hand, he plays with Ivey three times a week, so I bet he knew exactly what he had. Always fun to watch him the limited amount of time he was on.

Comment

Very sad.. Chip was one of the greatest of all time. He was a spectacular cash game player (probably the best ever) and when he did play in tournaments, he did pretty well (won 3 WSOP bracelets in his career). From what I've always heard, he was extremely nice. He'll definitely be missed and remembered for being one of the greatest ever.
      Overall Records

Each play is to win the # of units posted unless it's a dog then I'm betting that amount.

Comment

Working...
      X