War!!!!! What is it good for?????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• War!!!!! What is it good for?????

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2

Here's a chart released by the US Government concerning military deaths since 1980:

:beer2:

On average and in actuality, there are FEWER deaths per year now than during the "peacetime" years of 1980 through 1988.

The numbers do not lie.

The Mainstream Media DOES!!!!!!

all due respect yo, dunno why you closed that other thread.

for such a sensitive subject, and bound to be laced with controversy, it was actually quite a pleasant thread, I mean I've seen worst bickering over one stupid preseason game LOL

I know its a sports forum, but this was in the general forum, and to me it was a lively discussion, and by closing that thread I am now forced to call you a commie (no offense to commies lol)

:beerbang:
    :hide:

"Schooly D is fat cake yo."
    -Big Pimpin-

Comment

Originally posted by homedawg View Post
      [B][I]

On average and in actuality, there are FEWER deaths per year now than during the "peacetime" years of 1980 through 1988.

The numbers do not lie.

simple. if we're not busy killing other people from other countries, we're busy killing each other. lol

sad but true eh?

-Big Pimpin-

Comment

Albert Einstein developed the theory, but the germans were 1st to start production on the A-bomb.... long before japan, invited the US to the war... don't start **** with the biggest kid on the block, unless you are willing to take an asswhoopin'!!!! nuff said! :beer2:

Comment

Originally posted by Q-Unit View Post
          simple. if we're not busy killing other people from other countries, we're busy killing each other. lol

sad but true eh?

sad but true, I was in the corp durin' the 80's.... :beer2:

Comment

MAKE LOVE NOT WAR!
            White crushed Americans need weird energy - Robert Pollard

Comment

Back to the chart:

2003 ………. 1,228 [534*]

2004 ………. 1,874 [900*]

2005 ……… 1,942 [919*]

2006 ……… 1,858 [920*]

numbers in parenthesis [...*] indicates the number of deaths that were a result of the war on Iraq...

God bless our troops!
              Last edited by homedawg; 12-08-2007, 12:21 AM.

Comment

Found your comment funny! I just watched this last night!
                YouTube - Employees Expose FOX NEWS' Distortions

This one is even better if you have the time!
                YouTube - Reporters Blow Whistle on FOX News
                Last edited by Billy Barooooooo; 12-08-2007, 01:53 AM.
                "First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."

Comment

for such a sensitive subject, and bound to be laced with controversy, it was actually quite a pleasant thread, I mean I've seen worst bickering over one stupid preseason game LOL

I know its a sports forum, but this was in the general forum, and to me it was a lively discussion, and by closing that thread I am now forced to call you a commie (no offense to commies lol)

i kind of agree Q. I don't think anyone was getting hostile or anything. People are free to differ on things, as long as there is some level of decency. I really only opened the thread to remind people about the importance of today.......

And the main stream media is a joke. What is the only thing that is sadder than the main stream media is that we have so many stupid people in this country that can't make up their own minds, or are so ill informed, that they take the media's word at face value.

There was a massive boycot of subscribers to the LA Times a little while back because they were taking OPINIONS and writing them in the newspapers to appear as they were facts. They were editorials printed in non-editorial sections of the paper. And only if you read REAALLLLLY close could you tell this. And a lot of people couldn't. But enough did and called them to the carpet on it. The LA Times is commonly referred to around these parts as the Communist Manifesto.

We are really a stupid country by and large in all honesty. We aren't the "educated" country everyone thinks we are. Half the people in this country can't even use our own language properly, let alone make a qualified decision in an election. So the mass media becomes everyone's brain. That is what's really scary about wanting 100 percent voter turnout.....you really don't if you want what's good for this country. There is a large part of this country you want no where near the polls come election time.
                  I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

There were too many facts in the thread, that **** doesn't fly here.

Comment

Originally posted by homedawg View Post
                      Albert Einstein developed the theory, but the germans were 1st to start production on the A-bomb.... long before japan, invited the US to the war... don't start **** with the biggest kid on the block, unless you are willing to take an asswhoopin'!!!! nuff said! :beer2:

Those who argue in favor of the decision to drop the bombs generally assert that the bombings ended the war months sooner than would otherwise have been the case, thus saving many lives. It is argued that there would have been massive casualties on both sides in the Operation Downfall invasion of Japan, and that even if Operation Downfall were postponed, the status quo of conventional bombings and the Japanese occupations in Asia were causing tremendous loss of life.

A number of notable individuals and organizations have criticized the bombings, many of them characterizing them as war crimes or crimes against humanity and/or state terrorism. Two early critics of the bombings were Albert Einstein and Leo Szilard, who had together spurred the first bomb research in 1939 with a jointly written letter to President Roosevelt. Szilard, who had gone on to play a major role in the Manhattan Project, argued:

"Let me say only this much to the moral issue involved: Suppose Germany had developed two bombs before we had any bombs. And suppose Germany had dropped one bomb, say, on Rochester and the other on Buffalo, and then having run out of bombs she would have lost the war. Can anyone doubt that we would then have defined the dropping of atomic bombs on cities as a war crime, and that we would have sentenced the Germans who were guilty of this crime to death at Nuremberg and hanged them?"

:beer2:

Comment

Originally posted by NittanyLions94 View Post
                        There were too many facts in the thread, that **** doesn't fly here.
                        Huh...:dunno: ...we are a fact based sports gamblin' site got dammlit! :beer2:

Comment

Yo closed the thread because talking about Pearl harbor is so fckn BOOOOORING! :beer2:

Comment

Originally posted by Rothko View Post
                            Yo closed the thread because talking about Pearl harbor is so fckn BOOOOORING! :beer2:
                            you hit it on the head rothko, yo no likey the ben afflecky or kate beckinsaley talk. boring movie.

i'm with yo on this one.

-Big Pimpin-

Comment

Nothin' I do is ever good enough for ya'll bassards

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA:beer2:
                              If its fun, do it

Comment

Working...
                              X