Kosuke Fukudome.......Welcome to Sportscenter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kosuke Fukudome.......Welcome to Sportscenter

The sports writers, columnist et al. are going to have a field day with this one!!:beer2:

NAGOYA, Japan -- Japanese outfielder Kosuke Fukudome told the Chunichi Dragons he will not return next season, saying he wants to make a move to the major leagues. Fukudome, who became a free agent last month, informed the Central League club of his decision Tuesday.

"I won't be playing for a Japanese club next season, I'll play in the majors," Fukudome said. "I appreciate the fans who supported me for nine years. I hope that the fans continue to root for me when they see me playing in the United States."

Fukudome is regarded as one of the best outfielders in Japanese professional baseball. The 30-year-old was a key member of the Japan team that won the inaugural World Baseball Classic in March 2006.

He had surgery on his right elbow in August and sat out the Japan Series, but has 192 homers and a .305 batting average over nine seasons with the Dragons, who won their first championship in 53 years on Nov. 2.

Fukudome has drawn interest from the Chicago Cubs, the San Diego Padres and the Chicago White Sox.

The Padres have made an offer to Fukudome, calling it "one of the two or three biggest offers" in team history.

I really wanted the Pirates to make a run at this guy, for the sole reason that I wanted to buy the jersey "Fukudome"

Comment

the bidding war is on, prolly gonna be a cubbie... how the hell do ya pronounce that???? no sucky, **** u, do me... :drunk:

Comment

Originally posted by NittanyLions94 View Post
        I really wanted the Pirates to make a run at this guy, for the sole reason that I wanted to buy the jersey "Fukudome"
        :laughing: :thumbs:
        **ALL PLAYS ARE TO WIN 1UNIT UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED**

Comment

Originally posted by homedawg View Post
          the bidding war is on, prolly gonna be a cubbie... how the hell do ya pronounce that???? no sucky, **** u, do me... :drunk:
          I had it at "****-you-dome" and I really think it could have persuaded the Pirates to put a roof on PNC Park and rename that ****.:beerbang:

Comment

Fukudome, accepted a four-year offer from the Cubs worth close to $50 million

Comment

Originally posted by homedawg View Post
              Fukudome, accepted a four-year offer from the Cubs worth close to $50 million
              wow...now he's got "****-you" money...

Comment

this thread is funny.

Comment

As a Cubs fan, hope he ain't the next Tsuyoshi (sp) Shinjo or else it's more :bang: in Wrigleyville.

On second thought, it sure as hell woulda been fun hearing Harry Caray trying to say this guy's name. :laughing:
                  Last edited by COACH DITKA; 12-12-2007, 04:07 PM.
                  Moose

"Don't give up! Don't ever give up!" - Jimmy V

Comment

Originally posted by COACH DITKA View Post
                    As a Cubs fan, hope he ain't the next Tsuyoshi (sp) Shinjo or else it's more :bang: in Wrigleyville.

On second thought, it sure as hell woulda been fun hearing Harry Caray trying to say this guy's name. :laughing:
                    "Fukin budweiser dome fuk u Steve, hey arnie, get another shot of that hot blonde down there"

I got the pleasure of watching Harry for ten years on wgn and took all ten years for granted.

I miss that man a ton.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
                      wow...now he's got "****-you" money...
                      Thanks JML, I almost pissed myself laughing......Hell no, ive seen it all. Cant wait to hear the jokes on this dude. I hope he has the skills to get past all the jokes.....too damn funny!

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
                        "Fukin budweiser dome fuk u Steve, hey arnie, get another shot of that hot blonde down there"

I got the pleasure of watching Harry for ten years on wgn and took all ten years for granted.

I miss that man a ton.
                        Ain't that the truth. Miss him more than I should admit to, thats for sure...

"Hey Steve, you know Sandberg backwards is grebdnas. I'm a cub fan and a bud man"

:beerbang: :laughing:

Comment

"Cubs win, Cubs win. What a lucky break! The good lord wants the Cubs to win!"

Comment

Working...
                          X