This is whats wrong with our country

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is whats wrong with our country

Good ol' boy tries to defend what is right and is under scrutiny now.

Hey man, if your bustin into somebody's house or trying to hurt somebody, as far as im conerned, you just forfeited your rights.

Watch the video here: ABC News

**** THIEVES!

Agreed, here in the good ole state of Colorado we have the make my day law.....enter at your own risk!

I think it was posted here a while back about the little 12 yr old girl in Montana who blew away the two intruders that broke in her house after her dad left for work. They had just killed a man earlier in another house they broke into. What they did not realize about this little girl is she was a champion marksmen!:beerbang:

Comment

I can see shooting someone breaking into your own house, but leaving your yard to shoot other people in someone else's yard?
      No way. Went too far IMO.
      The police were on there way...and what if they were just young teenagers making a stupid mistake...they deserve to die?
      Crazy world...
      Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 12-11-2007, 07:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BoKnows View Post
        Agreed, here in the good ole state of Colorado we have the make my day law.....enter at your own risk!

I think it was posted here a while back about the little 12 yr old girl in Montana who blew away the two intruders that broke in her house after her dad left for work. They had just killed a man earlier in another house they broke into. What they did not realize about this little girl is she was a champion marksmen!:beerbang:
        I heard that one too but the unfortunate part of that story is that it's false. I, on the other hand, could care less about thieves and if they kept running when they were told to freeze they made their own choice to die.
        I have 3 rules:

1) Never get less than 12 hours sleep
        2) Never play poker against a guy that has the same name as a city.
        3) Never date chicks that have tattoos of daggers.

Comment

They were not told to freeze by an officer of the law though...

I am anti-gun by nature....but I have no problem with the protect your own land/house theory....I just think this guy acted like a vigilante, and went overboard...JMO...

Comment

:beerbang:

& the neighbor

Comment

lol, homedawg!

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
                They were not told to freeze by an officer of the law though...

I am anti-gun by nature....but I have no problem with the protect your own land/house theory....I just think this guy acted like a vigilante, and went overboard...JMO...
                With all due respect Johnny,

being anti-gun is a choice that you have the right to make for yourself however it flies in the face of studies about guns in society. I think what you struggle to see is the actual psychological effect a robbery has on a family because you are displaced from the situation. Much the same way of a pilot dropping a bomb on a target will usually suffer little post traumatic stress ,even though he may kill 100 or more people with one bomb he is simply taking out a target, but a soldier that kills one person up close in battle can experience horrible post traumatic stress, the family in this situation probably feels much safer because of what happened. Perhaps if you were in that situation you would feel much safer knowing your neighbors were watching out for you. As for the thieves being killed yes I agree that if it's a punishment then it is way to harsh but if the guy simply wanted to stop the thieves until the police showed up and the thieves made the choice to be unpredictable then they made their own situation. Perhaps thieves in Texas will think twice before breaking in to anyones home knowing their lives could be placed at risk.I know if I was a thief in Texas I would probably make a swift move to D.C. where protecting yourself is virtually illegal.
                I have 3 rules:

1) Never get less than 12 hours sleep
                2) Never play poker against a guy that has the same name as a city.
                3) Never date chicks that have tattoos of daggers.

Comment

I understand, Beerman...some valid points.

First off...I recommend everyone finds the WHOLE tape of this on the internet. The 911 operator is urging the man strongly for a couple minutes to not go out and start shooting as there could be officers in the area...and they guy wants to hear nothing about it. It really has a different effect on you than this ABC story with a couple small clips.

To be in those kinds of situations must be very scary, I agree BM. And I agree with your analogies. But your example of a pyschological effect on a family does not really apply here. This guy went overboard with unnecessary force. His life was NOT in danger! It was not his property, and the guys were not armed with guns. Even after he confronted them. There were other options. He chose to shoot 2 unarmed people in someone elses yard, with police minutes away.

Total unlikely hypothetical here, but what if it was his neighbor's drunk brother in law, crawling through the window because he wanted to borrow something for the weekend? Probably not, but you never know! Someone heard this case, and decided to do the same thing. Or what if he missed, and a shot went through another neighbors window and killed a child?? One in a million, but one in a millions happen. What if it's a couple of 16 year old kids with a buzz stealing some booze? Death sentence? People cannot go shooting people on other properties, when they think someone is breaking the law, and becoming judge and jury in the matter of seconds. It sends a horrible precident where mistakes can happen, and people are shooting innocent victims. The police are there for a reason. This guy went overboard, IMO...and I really think he belongs in prison. That's how I feel.

I'm glad I live where that is really not an issue, and gun-related deaths are very rare...even for one of the biggest cities in the world. And I really meant "anti-gun" in more of a personal decision and feeling. I don't like guns. I think they are dangerous in the wrong hands. I was not trying to imply that legal gun ownership by responsible people for hunting or home protection is wrong. I believe that is a right for everyone. Canada is a country filled with hunters and legal gun ownership. Ouzi's and assault rifles being sold in mass quantities in the US? Now that's another story altogether!

Hey...I'm just a dirty Liberal Canadian....don't mind me! lol :beerbang:

I'd be interested what fellow poster Nigel, and our resident Predictem Lawyer thinks of this case...
                  Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 12-11-2007, 09:41 PM.

Comment

wise man says: "shoot first, ask questions later" :beer2:

Comment

Im going to reiterate my statement. Im not a pro killer type, death sucks. It hurts the people left behind, not the one killed.

My point is that two *******s were doing something COMPLETELY wrong.

Then all these other *******s come out of the woodwork to **** on the Joe Horn guy with focus totally shifting off of the fact that these dillholes would have never gotten plugged had they not been comitting a devious act.

I dont wanna see their old ladies whimpering about how their dead and gone and see pictures of these clowns holding their newborn babies like their some innocent saints.

I hate the spin that the piece of **** media puts on things.

Whether Joe Horn was right or wrong to shoot somebody outside of his property is up for debate. Lets not shift focus off of the two clowns that didnt belong there in the first place.

Comment

I'm not an expert on Law, but I'm pretty sure the penalty for Breaking and Entering is not getting shot dead unarmed by some fat **** neighbor with a chip on his shoulder. These pricks were doing something wrong, they deserve to be punished most definitely, but let the police and courts, and the people who know how to handle law and order deal with it. This guy turned into the law. It wasn't his home or land. It's not his choice. If everyone thought like him, I'd be anarchy.

Joe Horn deserves prison just as much as the 2 dead thiefs did IMO. But none of the three deserve to be executed.

Just my feeling on this, Kevin. And I respect the other side of this, and how they brought it on themselves...I get it. And it probably wasn't a huge loss to society....but it doesn't change that Joe was way in the wrong.
                        Those thiefs mighta been lowlifes, but this guy was out of line, and is dangerous.

Have you heard the whole tape?
                        It's a very different vibe, IMO...

I feel like I'm defending these lowlifes, which I don't want to be....but I don't think he shuold have went nextdoor and done this. It's pretty scary to me actually, from hearing that full tape, that he could do that.
                        Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 12-12-2007, 12:05 AM.

Comment

I hear ya JML.

Comment

Waking up today, and re-reading...I hear you too, Kev. lol. Was a little buzzed last night, lol!

The shooters actions notwithstanding....I can see the point of the thiefs brought this on themselves....and although the family is devestated, and the media is looking for a spin....they should all keep that in mind. If they were at home with their beautiful kids....or at work, they wouldn't have been shot.

Comment

Mr. Leaf,
                              Are you saying the media put a spin on this???? How dare you talk about cooperate media like this!!!! :laughing:

BB

Hey did you see the new advertisement they have out in New York for the new A&E show?

Hear Voices? It May Be an Ad

Wow wait to the Media starts using this! Whoooooooo Wait, till Vegas starts using this!!!
                              Bet Black Bet Black! Bet more Bet more....................
                              Now this is some ****ed up ****!!!!
                              "First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."

Comment

Working...
                              X