sports chat turns ugly

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sports chat turns ugly

ESPN college basketball analyst Doug Gottlieb, like most of the World Wide Leader's employees, has to chat it up with the fans from time to time. Well, the exchange got a little out of hand last week:

Jables (NY): Has anyone ever told you that you look like Eddie from "The Munsters"?
    Doug Gottlieb: (4:03 PM ET ) Yes, as a kid, and yet I am still on TV...
    Mike Indiana: How did your mediocre basketball career prepare you for a mediocre broadcasting career?
    Doug Gottlieb: (4:04 PM ET ) So your mediocre life can prepare you for a mediocre afterlife...and by the way, which one of us works for ESPN... hey and next time...when I you say 30 minutes or less....get here on time with my pizza.
    John (Notre Dame): Doug, I lost my credit card, where were you last night?
    SportsNation Doug Gottlieb: (4:27 PM ET ) Ask your mom.
    Johns Mom (Notre Dame): GOTTLIEB I KNOW YOU STOLE MY SON'S CREDIT CARD!
    SportsNation Doug Gottlieb: (4:34 PM ET ) Ten years ago I made a mistake...and payed for it...18 years ago YOU WERE your parents mistake and they are still paying for it.

Now, this is a funny exchange, though I'm sure that ESPN wasn't thrilled about it.

What is the "10 years ago i made a mistake" reference?

NFL: 14-12 (+7.75)

CBB: 07-08: 54-43(+11.25) RD 3-1

Comment

Originally posted by Shamrock View Post
      What is the "10 years ago i made a mistake" reference?

During Gottlieb's freshman year at Notre Dame, he stole credit cards from a roommate and fraudulently charged over $900 to those cards. Subsequently, he was kicked off the Notre Dame basketball team and eventually convicted of misdemeanor fraud

Comment

Originally posted by homedawg View Post
        During Gottlieb's freshman year at Notre Dame, he stole credit cards from a roommate and fraudulently charged over $900 to those cards. Subsequently, he was kicked off the Notre Dame basketball team and eventually convicted of misdemeanor fraud
        interesting........a little Kerry Kittles Phone Card -esque!!

Thanks HD.....

NFL: 14-12 (+7.75)

CBB: 07-08: 54-43(+11.25) RD 3-1

Comment

Gottleib won't have his job much longer. He says far too many things he shouldn't being saying. Coaches hate him, and I don't know many who respect his opinions. He makes statements about college kids that you just can't make. They are not professionals, they are amateur athletes. This is just another sad example that he thinks he's bigger than he is. He's all ego, and little substance.

Comment

Now that's some funny ****. Shows you how professional that dick is...he should have ignored it...but it takes all kinds, I guess.
            If a guy doesn't have any gamble in him, he ain't worth a crap - Evel Knievel
            What's done in the dark will be brought to the light -Johnny Cash

Comment

Working...
            X