Tejada traded to the Astros...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tejada traded to the Astros...

Baltimore Orioles, Brad Lidge, Dennis Sarfate, Luke Scott, Major League Baseball, Houston Astros - CBSSports.com

Look at Ed Wade makin moves!

Just shows how restricting and constricting the Phillies ownership is........

NFL: 14-12 (+7.75)

CBB: 07-08: 54-43(+11.25) RD 3-1

Holy ****, the Astros got raped in that deal.

Comment

I don't know anything about any of the 5 players and have yet read up on them, but it's hard for me to believe at this point in Tejada's career that he is worth 5 players. :dunno:

Comment

Thats very true......I dont think anyone is worth 5 players.....

My point about wade wasnt this specific trade, rather how he has made two moves already when he rarely did anything in Philly. That being said, the moves are far from genius.......

Comment

The worst part is that in previous years the Orioles had turned down deals that included Manny Ramirez, Roy Oswalt, Eric Aybar, and Erwin Santana.

Comment

Originally posted by NittanyLions94 View Post
            The worst part is that in previous years the Orioles had turned down deals that included Manny Ramirez, Roy Oswalt, Eric Aybar, and Erwin Santana.
            :nuts:

Comment

they also turned down a deal for bobby abreu from philly.

tejada blows and the orioles made out like a bandit on this one. i dont care if 4 out of the 5 players end up being bad. tejada is overpaid and underperforms.

Comment

Is something wrong with the baseball forum? Haha..

All 5 of those players suck, though Scott will probably start and platoon with Jay Payton. They basically dumped money and got a bunch of crap back. But then again, who cares about he Orioles as long as Peter Angelos runs the team? They can't win against the Red Sox and Yankees and he knows it, and now he's just flat out quitting.

Comment

Valid Point cuse..........

However, MLB Forum demands a scroll down these days!!

Comment

Originally posted by CuseFan10 View Post
                    Is something wrong with the baseball forum? Haha..

All 5 of those players suck, though Scott will probably start and platoon with Jay Payton. They basically dumped money and got a bunch of crap back. But then again, who cares about he Orioles as long as Peter Angelos runs the team? They can't win against the Red Sox and Yankees and he knows it, and now he's just flat out quitting.
                    Albers, Patton, and Costanzo were way too much, and Luke Scott will be more productive in the MLB from this day forward than Miguel Tejada. Bank on that.

Comment

Originally posted by NittanyLions94 View Post
                      Albers, Patton, and Costanzo were way too much, and Luke Scott will be more productive in the MLB from this day forward than Miguel Tejada. Bank on that.
                      Albers was AWFUL last year. Awful. Patton had a very serious injury (I think), and Costanzo seems like a hitter but he has an Adam Dunn like strikeout problem which will never allow to him to be a regular in the major leagues since he's not going to hit 40-50 HR's like Dunn does and walk a ton like Dunn does. If he were any good, he wouldn't have been traded twice in 2 months one would think. Scott hit .255, and is nothing more than a platoon OF'er who will play against righties and sit against lefties (since Jay Payton rips tits against LHP)... Maybe I overstated it, but for me, none of these guys will be in Oriole uniforms in 5 years is probably the best way to put it. And if they are, they aren't major pieces to anything special going on.

Fair Nitts?
                      Last edited by CuseFan10; 12-12-2007, 03:52 PM.

Comment

Albers was AWFUL last year. Awful. Patton had a very serious injury (I think), and Costanzo seems like a hitter but he has an Adam Dunn like strikeout problem which will never allow to him to be a regular int he major leagues since he's not going to hit 40-50 HR's like Dunn does and walk a ton like Dunn does. Scott hit .255, and is nothing more than a platoon OF'er who will play against righties and sit against lefties (since Jay Payton rips tits against LHP)... Maybe I overstated it, but for me, none of these guys will be in Oriole uniforms in 5 years is probably the best way to put it. And if they are, they aren't major pieces to anything special going on.

Fair Nitts?
                        Luke Scott had a career OPS over .900 in the minors, and his current MLB OPS sits at .882 after 663 ABs, I'd say that's more than platoon IMO. Costanzo hit 27 HRs this past year in AA in the Eastern League, which tilts pretty heavily towards pitchers, and had an OPS of .858. Those two guys alone will make this deal worth while for the Orioles.

Comment

quick blurb from rotoworld

"Including his time in the AFL, he fanned 189 times in 598 at-bats last season. He has a lot of work to do if he's ever going to help a major league team."

That's a ridiculous strikeout rate. He strikes out almost 1 of every 3 times he comes to the plate. I don't know how many walks he had, I'm trying to find his exact numbers, but I don't imagine he gets on base a lot via the free pass. Hitting 27 HR's in AA is all well and good, but there's more to baseball than hitting homers.

:thumbs:

Comment

"Including his time in the AFL, he fanned 189 times in 598 at-bats last season. He has a lot of work to do if he's ever going to help a major league team."

That's a ridiculous strikeout rate. He strikes out almost 1 of every 3 times he comes to the plate. I don't know how many walks he had, I'm trying to find his exact numbers, but I don't imagine he gets on base a lot via the free pass. Hitting 27 HR's in AA is all well and good, but there's more to baseball than hitting homers.

:thumbs:

Oh I'm not saying Costanzo is some sort of can't miss guy, I think we had a little misinterpretation. But he is far from a toss in type guy. At 6-3 215 and playing 3B and is right on pace with his moves through the minors for a college guy. His patience has gone up at every level of the minors in terms of OBP. Strikeouts don't bother me usually, because they are just like any other out, and trying to have a guy "strike out less" could cause them to lose power, which is why Adam Dunn is still super productive while striking out a ton.

Comment

Working...
                            X