2008 New Year's Resolutions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LMAO HD, No wonder they only fielded 68 cars and 37 wrecked. :laughing:

Now it's 43 and nobody can tell me why it's not 44 an even amount. :laughing:
    NFL 2-0. Week 1
    Nfl 2-2week 2

Comment

NASCAR wanted to standardize the size of the fields and after some trial and error, settled on a field consisting of 36 qualifiers with six provisionals that could be used by the regular drivers. That's a total of 42 cars.

The story about the odd car, the 43rd starter, began when Richard Petty was having trouble making the starting lineup. NASCAR created a Champions Provisional to help get Petty into the field. In fact it could be used to help any present or ex-champion but just recently was used for other drivers, if a Champions Provisional wasn't used. It goes to the car owner with the highest points that didn't qualify on speed.

:beer2:

Comment

43 spot was created for the 43 car. Hummmmmmm :laughing:

Better story Nascar created the 43th spot in honor of Richard Petty being the greatest champion ever.
        NFL 2-0. Week 1
        Nfl 2-2week 2

Comment

Comment

there is nothing funnier than seeing some redneck with a mullet rolling a tire out of the pits area to his car after a race with that kid-in-a-candy-store look on his face.......dude....it's a used freeking tire. only thing funnier was when i watched 2 guys diving for lugnuts after a tire change in an empty pit stall.

yeah, i know....what was "I" doing in the pits......:bang:.....closet fan.....:bang:.....
            I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

lol, Nitt.

Funny FF.

I like when I'm behind some ****box truck, and they have a couple hundred Nascar stickers all over the back. Ummm, no need to advertise buddy, I can already tell you're a tool. You like Jimmy Johnson, and hate Jeff Gordon, might as well tell the world. Matter of fact, why don't you have some comic strip character take a pee on the hated Gordon's favourite number to reflect your hatred of him to the world. That will be a brilliant statement to everyone who should come in contact with your 1988 Ford F150. lmao.

I do hear Nascar events are quite the party however! I might go, and not watch the race! I went to the Molson Indy a few times back in college, and just spent the whole time in the beer tents getting lit, and hitting on the beer girls. lol. heard who won the race later on...

Comment

Originally posted by NittanyLions94 View Post
                how bout this:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/g7L4yz9APYA&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/g7L4yz9APYA&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

:hide:

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
                  Matter of fact, why don't you have some comic strip character take a pee on the hated Gordon's favourite number to reflect your hatred of him to the world.

lmao......:beerbang:

i actually used to go to the Fontana race every year when a buddy of mine would get us set up with pit passes, driver's dinner, VIP tent at the race....all that good stuff through an owner he knows. I can honestly tell you that after about 4 laps it was the most fking boring thing i had ever been to. 1/2 the people watched the race on the TV in the VIP tent and just slammed beers (didn't help it was probably 95 degrees out). Being in the pits was cool because you see the owners, drivers etc...up close, and you were right there when the pit stops came (which was about the only cool thing in the race).

People say the NHL sucks??.....NASCAR is about as boring a "sport" as there is in all honesty. i mean, if Don Cherry started saying boogity boogity boogity to start a hockey game would that help....:laughing:

other classic thing is all the NASCAR gear. I mean dude, could you get like one more color on that shirt you're wearing. you go blind looking at half the shirts out there.
                  Last edited by FlyersFan; 01-04-2008, 12:47 PM.
                  I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post

i actually used to go to the Fontana race every year when a buddy of mine would get us set up with pit passes, driver's dinner, VIP tent at the race....all that good stuff through an owner he knows. I can honestly tell you that after about 4 laps it was the most fking boring thing i had ever been to. 1/2 the people watched the race on the TV in the VIP tent and just slammed beers (didn't help it was probably 95 degrees out). Being in the pits was cool because you see the owners, drivers etc...up close, and you were right there when the pit stops came (which was about the only cool thing in the race). People say the NHL sucks??.....NASCAR is about as boring a "sport" as there is in all honesty.

other classic thing is all the NASCAR gear. I mean dude, could you get like one more color on that shirt you're wearing. you go blind looking at half the shirts out there.
                    That would be a perfect Nascar experience for me. See about 4 laps of the actual race live. Check out some of the pit stuff, which would be interesting. And spend the rest of the time drinking comped beers in the VIP tent with your buddies, with the race kind of in the background. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post

i actually used to go to the Fontana race every year when a buddy of mine would get us set up with pit passes, driver's dinner, VIP tent at the race....all that good stuff through an owner he knows. I can honestly tell you that after about 4 laps it was the most fking boring thing i had ever been to. 1/2 the people watched the race on the TV in the VIP tent and just slammed beers (didn't help it was probably 95 degrees out). Being in the pits was cool because you see the owners, drivers etc...up close, and you were right there when the pit stops came (which was about the only cool thing in the race).

People say the NHL sucks??.....NASCAR is about as boring a "sport" as there is in all honesty. i mean, if Don Cherry started saying boogity boogity boogity to start a hockey game would that help....:laughing:

Not to mention the millions upon millions of gallons of fuel they burn up. But this one's for JML:

Comment

I like when I'm behind some ****box truck, and they have a couple hundred Nascar stickers all over the back. Ummm, no need to advertise buddy, I can already tell you're a tool. You like Jimmy Johnson, and hate Jeff Gordon, might as well tell the world. Matter of fact, why don't you have some comic strip character take a pee on the hated Gordon's favourite number to reflect your hatred of him to the world. That will be a brilliant statement to everyone who should come in contact with your 1988 Ford F150. lmao.
                        :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Oustanding stuff, JML.

Comment

...Besides the Always Usual One...Lose Some Weight and Get back to 225-230 Lbs...Be a Better Father...with My Oldest Son Who just Turned 18 and in May will be Ready to Go to College..then My 15 Yr Old Son will be 16 in a Month Lucky he Got his PaPa Genes and Maybe Play College Ball or even Higher Ball...and My Girl is 12 (13 by July)...Soon they will be All Gone and The Thing I Want to be Remembered for When My Time is Over and Done was That I Was a Good Father and Taught Them Well...For them To Do Well in Life and in this World and to always Show their Manners Always....Because it Reflects on How Great my Father was and How Well He did and Taught Me...Because My Kids Futures Scare Me Sometimes with Everything Going on in this World so I want them to be Prepared...Happy New Year to All Here..:sm:
                          Lo there do I See my Father.....Lo there do I See my Mother.....and My Sisters and My Brothers... Lo there do I See the Line of My People Back to the Beginning...Lo they do Call to Me...They Bid Me...Take My Place Among Them...In The Halls of VALHALLA...Where the Brave...May Live...FOREVER..!!

Comment

lol, Nitt.

Matter of fact, why don't you have some comic strip character take a pee on the hated Gordon's favourite number to reflect your hatred of him to the world. That will be a brilliant statement to everyone who should come in contact with your 1988 Ford F150. lmao.

Oh boy I got one of those one every car and truck I own. :laughing: You think Im joking right. Not. I guess Im just a big red neck. I got 5 tractor trailer and the trucks all have some kind of NASCAR meaning except one. Big Red Pete's got Truck number 8. Big Blue Kenworth's got Truck number 2 (Rusty). Big Black Pete's got Truck number 3. Big 10 car hauler's number 43. Now you ask what is the 5th truck the 9 car hauler? 69 of course. That's the most fun truck of all. :laughing: The look on the guards faces when we check in at auctions. Truck number please; 69, I swear they cant look you in the face. It's like they dont know what to do.
                            NFL 2-0. Week 1
                            Nfl 2-2week 2

Comment

:guzzle:

Comment

Attached Files
                                NFL 2-0. Week 1
                                Nfl 2-2week 2

Comment

Working...
                                X