X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nah....all in fun.....just ask
    THE Ohio State University
    vs. The State up North crowd.....

Hell I still have a roll of toiler paper I bought with Bo Schembechler's picture on each square....it has an inscription that says, "Every time you go wipe with Bo"......great party favor! :beerbang:
    Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

Originally posted by GamblinMan03 View Post
      You people are sad. Cuse, Im guessing you have never been to Duke to see a game? Your making fun of Duke because they dont care about making the extra buck? Wow, I didnt think I would ever hear that one. Sorry if Duke isnt a money sucking university that needs to make every dollar as possible.

Its a lot better than playing your basketball games in a god damn football stadium...haha build a gym for god sakes, talk about cheap. lol

I did laugh to this video, its just that I laughed at it two weeks ago when I first saw it.

Why are we sad ? please explain .. YOU SAID , "Maryland Sucks" always has sucked...BUT WERE SAD .. that doesn't make much sense to me ...
      Keep em in the hole, Down in the hole

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
      (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
      (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
      (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
      (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

Originally posted by williwonka05 View Post
        Maryland the same team that won the NCAA TOURNEY about 4 years ago, yep they've ALWAYS SUCKED ... Teams don't "suck" cause you don't like them, just like when a player misses a layup or a 3 when you need them to hit it, "he doesn't suck because of that"
        And one national title doesnt make a school's rich history. Look at Syracuse and Maryland, after they win their national title in the 2000's, they make trips to the NIT. After Duke wins a National Title in the early 90's, they go back and win another one the next year.

Then when we win one in the 2000's, we dont make that trip to the NIT like others have so we reach about 4 more sweet 16's and another final four.
        NCAAF: 50-39-5 (+6.35 units)
        NFL: 36-35-6 (-2.00 units)
        NHL: 4-8-0 (-2.80 units)
        NCAAB: 7-4 (+1.75 units)

Comment

And one national title doesnt make a school's rich history. Look at Syracuse and Maryland, after they win their national title in the 2000's, they make trips to the NIT. After Duke wins a National Title in the early 90's, they go back and win another one the next year.

Then when we win one in the 2000's, we dont make that trip to the NIT like others have so we reach about 4 more sweet 16's and another final four.
          Well they most certainly DO NOT SUCK .. You said "Maryland sucks and always has sucked" .. AM I RIGHT ? ....

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
          (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
          (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
          (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
          (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

Dookie - I'm just saying, Duke could build a nice cozy 8,000 seat arena with all the amenities and they would still have that same home (non conference, haha j/k j/k) court advantage. Maryland got rid of Cole Fieldhouse a few years back and they aren't suffering (winning a National Title after).

I just think it's funny that these kids camp outside for days because they won't build a place to hold more people. I, of course, phrased it in a sarcastic manner. It's a disease.

Syracuse plays in a football stadium? What? Let's be honest, "football" hasn't been played at Syracuse in nearly a decade, haha... And hasn't been played at Duke in a lifetime...
            Last edited by CuseFan10; 03-19-2007, 04:54 PM.

Comment

Well they most certainly DO NOT SUCK .. You said "Maryland sucks and always has sucked" .. AM I RIGHT ? ....
              You know exactly what I meant, ok then let me rephrase this. They have sucked every year expect that one. lol

But seriously, please dont even compare the schools. Over the past 10 years when college basketball is at its peak, you have had Duke constant success while Maryland hasnt even found success at the NIT.

Comment

You know exactly what I meant, ok then let me rephrase this. They have sucked every year expect that one. lol

But seriously, please dont even compare the schools. Over the past 10 years when college basketball is at its peak, you have had Duke constant success while Maryland hasnt even found success at the NIT.

Who the "H" ever compared the two ?

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
                (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
                (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
                (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
                (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

Keep livin in the past , and you along with "YOUR" team , WILL BE A "HAS-WHAT"

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
                  (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
                  (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
                  (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
                  (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

Originally posted by CuseFan10 View Post
                    The point that whipper snappers like you don't get, Dookie GM, is that there is not a fan of any another school vain enough to make the kind of remarks Duke fans (including you) would make about Duke being "on top of the world". And that's why everyone hates Duke.
                    Maybe Duke fans make remarks like that because of the nonsense everyone else has to say about Duke. I mean did that ever cross your mind? lol

I just love it how no other team gets this much attention. And when I say its because of Dukes success, you people laugh. Well why is it then?

Comment

Keep livin in the past , and you along with "YOUR" team , WILL BE A "HAS-WHAT"
                      Yea, lets just forget the past. Hell, why did you bring up the fact MD actually won a national title 4 years ago? Isnt that in the past?

Duke lost in the first round last week, isnt that in the past? Why bring that up.

I love when people just want to forget the past like it never happened.

Comment

Honestly dude, you're becoming crazy with your Duke apologist attitude. If you know college hoops history then you would realize Maryland has a rich history and so Syracuse. Maryland has had MANY great, GREAT players stroll about their campus (and of course, not got to class) and Syracuse, St Johns, and Georgetown built the Big East into the monster it is today. You really make some ignorant statements sometimes, bud. Take off those blue shaded glasses and step into the real world.

Maryland had Lenny Bias, Len Elmore, Albert King, John Thompson, Juan Dixon, Joe Smith, Buck Williams and of course Exree Hipp (haha). If you look at this excerpt from the All Time ACC Team from 2002-2003, you will see Duke has only 1 more player on the team than Maryland.

ACC 50th Anniversary Men's Basketball Team :: North Carolina leads all league schools with 12 members on the Golden Anniversary team.

:thumbs:

Comment

Yea, lets just forget the past. Hell, why did you bring up the fact MD actually won a national title 4 years ago? Isnt that in the past?

Duke lost in the first round last week, isnt that in the past? Why bring that up.

I love when people just want to forget the past like it never happened.

DUDE, you said Maryland sucks and always has , "AM I CORRECT" i asked a legitimate question stating "how does a team suck and always has sucked when they just won a national championship within the last five years" and you bring up "well in 1990 and 1991 we won this and we won that ..

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
                          (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
                          (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
                          (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
                          (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

I did laugh to this video, its just that I laughed at it two weeks ago when I first saw it.
                            Sorry, I'll check with you to make sure you haven't seen anything I've posted before I post it. Just shoot me an e-mail with all funny videos you have viewed so as to not waste your time. We all know this site is "www.dookieGM.com" :nuts:

Comment

Sure, Maryland had success and a lot of fine players attend their university, its just that it was about 30 years ago. If some want to forget the past and forget Dukes three national titles the past 15 years, who cares about success 30 years ago.

Remember, Maryland never reached a final four till 2001 and have only reached two in their entire history. What Duke did in their history isnt even comparable. I think it is unfair just to point out Duke had one less player on the All ACC team. lol

Anyway, I wont drag this out anymore. It was a funny video, and imm be sure to add it to my favorites. lol

LETS GO DUKE!!!

Comment

Over the past 10 years when college basketball is at its peak, you have had Duke constant success while Maryland hasnt even found success at the NIT.
                                Again, ridiculous... How has college basketball been at it's peak over the past 10 years? Just because you are 20-21 years old and you personally have been into it so it's at its peak?

How could it be at its peak when players didn't start leaving for the NBA til about 12 years ago? Losing the best players puts something at it's peak? In the past decade and a half college basketball has been decimated by early departures and no shows who bolt for the NBA. That doesn't seem like a "peak" to me. College hoops is irrelevant in this country except for two to three weekends a year in March (unless you gamble). NO ONE loves college hoops more than I do, but the fact is, that the regular season is meaningless because of the tournament and no one cares about it (in a nationwide sense) until March. If you dispute that, than I have to say you just plain don't know what you're talking about. Yea, Carolina vs Duke is great, but no one watches it. The ratings are abyssmal, comparatively speaking to other sports.

I'm not old enough either to give an accurate assessment, but I would say the "peak" was the late late 70's to early/mid 80's fomr Magic and Larry to Jordan and Ewing. But again, I'm was a young buck so I wouldn't know for sure either.
                                Last edited by CuseFan10; 03-19-2007, 05:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X