When did congress start overseeing sports

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When did congress start overseeing sports

Now we got them stepping in on spygate. The difference between Bonds and Clemens is, they have evidence on Bonds. There was a paper trail in the Bonds case. Here is how the law works. You don't have to prove you didn't take steroids, they have to prove you did. In Bonds case, they have evidence. Its hearsay in the Clemens case. Steven A Smith creamed his fkn jeans when he found out a white guy was going to have to through what Barry is going through. That just shows how stupid and prejudiced he is. For one, Clemens is not going through the same BS. Now, to prove how prejudice Steven A Smith is, if it was Michael Jordon that was next, he would be screaming it was a race thing. That mthrfr has ruined the one hour spot before the Riggins show. He's a loud mouth bitch
    If its fun, do it

Stehen A and the House Oversight and Reform Committee

The Philly Inquirer fired him. Guess they were fed up with him too.

The major things I took from the day's proceedings were that Pettitte, Pettitte's wife, and the nanny's testimony just absolutely buried that lying SOB. I also realized, once again, how useless and party driven our gov't is.

If you are a Republican, you should be embarrassed of your party today for making a complete ass out of itself and showing not one ounce of open-mindedness towards the proceedings. How much money does Clemens donate to the Republican party? What a joke... Every Republican slurped him up and down, and repeatedly asked stupid questions. Anyone from Indiana should be embarrassed that their district elected that douchebag, Dan Burton (who has more skeletons in his closet than a morgue). He wins the award for "Ass of the Day" hands down... Second and third for "Ass of the Day" were Christopher Shays from Conn (Another jackass - Vietnam conscientious objector for himself and now supports the war - yea ok buddy) and "Queens of the Stupid Questions and Picture Shows", Lynn Westmoreland of Georgia and Virginia Foxx of North Carolina. Other jackasses included Issa from California, Davis from Virginia, and Duncan from Tennesee who should all be ashamed of themselves, IMHO.

At least the Democrats asked legit questions and weren't bowing down at the altar of Roger. Waxman was a STUD at the end when he slammed his gavel at Roger and then had to apologize to McNammee for the actions of some of the others on the committee "who he can't reprimand" by law (see: BURTON) but was embarrassed by their actions. The other guy who came off looking really good IMO was Elijah Cummings of Maryland.

It's really sad that Party Politics come into play even in such matters as these, imagine how bad it is over more serious things. Truly, I'm appalled and offended as an American after watching that today.
    Last edited by CuseFan10; 02-13-2008, 08:01 PM. Reason: spellcheck

Comment

yeah waxman and Cummings were taking no **** from Clemens today......and if they could would have put that ****er right in jail on the spot
      ****all plays 4.4 units to win 4 units unless otherwise noted****

NBA 20-22 -16.8 units
      NHL 1-0 +4.0 units
      MLB 0-1 -4.8 units
      CFB 12-6-1 +21.6 units

Comment

why are they even involved???????????

who gives a ****....how about getting rid of the 8 million zillion illegal fking mexicans in this country.

here is what politicians do (republican, democrat or whatever):

(a) find a completely meaningless and easy cause to target
        (b) make it public that you are hopping mad about this problem and you won't stand for it any longer
        (c) drag it out for a while and then declare a victory

same **** different day. You think McCain wants to tackle illegal cheech and chongers in his state? No way...too costly possibly to his re-election and too time consuming with the possibility of not winning in the end. So he picks internet gambling to target. something completely trivial and meaningless, but something he thinks he can win and say he "is doing something"

and that is the way politics works....nothing meaningful ever gets done. Hillary clinton takes credit for a "legislation passage" which was inviting the Syracuse Lacrosse team to the white house....:laughing: are you fking kidding me? And it passed resoundingly...:laughing:......she hasn't enacted a meaningful piece of legislation in her entire career........what a joke our government is
        I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
          why are they even involved???????????

who gives a ****....how about getting rid of the 8 million zillion illegal fking mexicans in this country.

here is what politicians do (republican, democrat or whatever):

(a) find a completely meaningless and easy cause to target
          (b) make it public that you are hopping mad about this problem and you won't stand for it any longer
          (c) drag it out for a while and then declare a victory

same **** different day. You think McCain wants to tackle illegal cheech and chongers in his state? No way...too costly possibly to his re-election and too time consuming with the possibility of not winning in the end. So he picks internet gambling to target. something completely trivial and meaningless, but something he thinks he can win and say he "is doing something"

and that is the way politics works....nothing meaningful ever gets done. Hillary clinton takes credit for a "legislation passage" which was inviting the Syracuse Lacrosse team to the white house....:laughing: are you fking kidding me? And it passed resoundingly...:laughing:......she hasn't enacted a meaningful piece of legislation in her entire career........what a joke our government is

hey FF you offended me Hilary is a senator in my fine taxation state of new york :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
          ****all plays 4.4 units to win 4 units unless otherwise noted****

NBA 20-22 -16.8 units
          NHL 1-0 +4.0 units
          MLB 0-1 -4.8 units
          CFB 12-6-1 +21.6 units

Comment

yea i agree with flyersfan.. I mean dosnt congress have something more important to do for our country than to sit around investigating a baseball player or spygate?

Comment

Originally posted by Daws1089 View Post
              yea i agree with flyersfan.. I mean dosnt congress have something more important to do for our country than to sit around investigating a baseball player or spygate?

No LMAO they want to make sure we got our money's worth. Just like the make sure everyday we get our money's worth from the tax's we pay.

It all started a long time ago with the Olympic's. Man oh man I remember when you had to be a true non-pro to compete. How times have changed. I never did figure out why they change basketball hockey, baseball etc to pro it was played by college players. I do know why they always claimed the Russians where cheating and got around the rules by having National Teams on Russian Welfare. :laughing:

Us old timers will remember when it was called doping. How about this one adding an extra pint of blood, that was big in the 70's
              Last edited by Queen; 02-14-2008, 11:27 PM.
              NFL 2-0. Week 1
              Nfl 2-2week 2

Comment

Working...
              X