BREAKINF NEWS Several Hurt In Shooting On NIU Campus

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BREAKINF NEWS Several Hurt In Shooting On NIU Campus

BREAKING NEWS: Several Hurt In Shooting On NIU Campus - News Story - WMAQ | Chicago

NIU - Northern Illinois University

Wow this is where I went to school!
    Pretty ****ed up
    "First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."

I have been following this for the past hour.

Went from 3-4 people to 13-18! Reporting that a 19 year old male walked into Cole hall and open fired with a shot gun. Taking aim at the students!! These lecture rooms usually have a class that hold 150-200 people but can hold as many as 300.

Thoughts and prayers go out to the students and there family's.
    Last edited by Billy Barooooooo; 02-14-2008, 05:53 PM.
    "First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."

Comment

NIU - Northern Illinois University
      CAMPUS ALERT
      2/14/08
      4:39 p.m.

A media staging area is available in the auditorium of Altgeld Hall (castle building on east side of campus).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4:31 p.m.

All NIU students are asked to call their parents as soon as possible.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4:24 p.m.

Campus police reiterate that an immediate danger has passed. Students should return to their residence halls and stay there. All classes are cancelled and all NIU campuses are closed for tonight and tomorrow (2/15/08).

4:14 p.m.

Campus police report that the immediate danger has passed. The gunman is no longer a threat. The DeKalb campus is closed tomorrow. All NIU classes are cancelled and campuses are closed for tonight and tomorrow. Students can go to any residence hall for counseling.

4:10 p.m.

Campus police report that the scene is secure. Only essential personnel should remain on campus.

The following hotlines are available for students & parents.

815-753-1573
      815-753-6143
      815-753-1574
      815-753-1575
      815-753-9564
      815-753-6257
      Counseling is also available on campus for students at the Neptune Dining Hall, Campus Life Building 100 and the Psychological Services Center in the Psychology/Computer Science Building. Students may go to any residence hall for counseling.

3:50 p.m.

It has been confirmed that there has been a shooting on campus and several people have been taken away by ambulance. All NIU campuses are closed and classes are cancelled for tonight and tomorrow (2/15/08) on the DeKalb campus. People are urged not to come to campus. More information will be posted as it becomes available.

3:40 p.m.

All classes on the DeKalb campus are cancelled for tonight. All NIU campuses are closed and all classes are cancelled for tonight and tomorrow (2/15/08).

3:20 p.m.

There has been a report of a possible gunman on campus. Get to a safe area and take precautions until given the all clear. Avoid the King Commons and all buildings in that vicinity.

Comment

3 dead 18 injured

Comment

this is what the 3rd shooting this week at a high school or college, its scary.....you go to school to learn, feel safe, and grow as a person, and now you have to worry about being shot at ...........theirs no one to stop a shooter from going into the big lecture halls of 200+ people and just going nuts
          ****all plays 4.4 units to win 4 units unless otherwise noted****

NBA 20-22 -16.8 units
          NHL 1-0 +4.0 units
          MLB 0-1 -4.8 units
          CFB 12-6-1 +21.6 units

Comment

This is just so ****ed up. Just got off the phone w/my buddy at NIU. He was actually off campus this afternoon but said Kohl Hall is pretty much in the center of campus. He said another one of our buddies, one of his roommates, has just about all of his classes there but was outta there by 2 today. He also said it was a Geology class, so we figured plenty of freshman and sophomores, with the class having a big racial mixture b/c of this.

As bad as this looks, it's even worse that they've already had the threat 2 months ago of something like this happening + a bomb threat too. I can't imagine the amount of backlash that is gonna come outta this incident.

Anyways, thoughts and prayers go out to the victims and their families and friends. Still anxiously awaiting to hear from a few more friends there myself.

Moose
            Moose

"Don't give up! Don't ever give up!" - Jimmy V

Comment

Originally posted by dananderson32 View Post
              this is what the 3rd shooting this week at a high school or college, its scary.....you go to school to learn, feel safe, and grow as a person, and now you have to worry about being shot at ...........theirs no one to stop a shooter from going into the big lecture halls of 200+ people and just going nuts

Don't you think that that has a lot to do with society today? I mean think about it think about the school structure. We baby everyone, these kids do not have thick skin. Running late for work but honestly think about how things have changed! That is why were seeing what we are. Name calling is not the same as stabbing someone with a knife. Now if you turn on the news they are saying it is (CNBC)!!!

Just crazy!!!

Comment

5:12 p.m.

Police are confirming that the shooter is dead by a self-inflicted gunshot.

A press conference will be held in the Altgeld Hall Auditorium at 5:30 p.m.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Barooooooo View Post
                  5:12 p.m.

A press conference will be held in the Altgeld Hall Auditorium at 5:30 p.m.
                  police saying offically 1 dead that being the shooter
                  ****all plays 4.4 units to win 4 units unless otherwise noted****

NBA 20-22 -16.8 units
                  NHL 1-0 +4.0 units
                  MLB 0-1 -4.8 units
                  CFB 12-6-1 +21.6 units

Comment

wow this really sucks and is very sad. A bunch of people from my HS are at NIU right now. My thoughts are with everyone at NIU and their families.
                    Overall Records

Each play is to win the # of units posted unless it's a dog then I'm betting that amount.

Comment

Sickening.

Selfish bastard.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Barooooooo View Post
                        Of course. Why do these people feel the need to take other people "out" with them? Go find a closet and go nuts, *******.

Jesus, thoughts and prayers to all the people there affected by this. Really sad and sickening.

Comment

Originally posted by CuseFan10 View Post
                          Of course. Why do these people feel the need to take other people "out" with them? Go find a closet and go nuts, *******.

Jesus, thoughts and prayers to all the people there affected by this. Really sad and sickening.

I agree. If ****ers (can't bring myself to actually call them people) like shooting people so much, buy a 1 way f*****g ticket to Iraq and go shoot up some terrorists.

On another note, death toll up to 4 innocent people.

Moose
                          Moose

"Don't give up! Don't ever give up!" - Jimmy V

Comment

i wouldn't be surprised tomorrow to see the democrats push through a 32 billion dollar spending bill to go towards mental health for mentally unstable individuals and that money come from an increased tax on small businesses and capital gains...... after all, it's my fault this happened today isn't it.....pass the blame is the name of the game.....

RIP to the dead and prayers to all families.
                            I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

Originally posted by dananderson32 View Post
                              police saying offically 1 dead that being the shooter

8:55 p.m. CST, 2/14/08

NIU can confirm six fatalities, including the gunman. Four of the dead were female and two, including the gunman, were male. In total, there were 22 injured or killed.

NIU can confirm that the shooter was an NIU graduate student in sociology in the Spring of 2007 but was not currently enrolled

Comment

Working...
                              X