George Bush's Resignation Speech

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Q-Unit

The Romans didn't have Nuclear bombs!! They didn't make it to space. Comparing the two is like apples to snow tires. It doesn't even make sense to make the comparison.
    I have 3 rules:

1) Never get less than 12 hours sleep
    2) Never play poker against a guy that has the same name as a city.
    3) Never date chicks that have tattoos of daggers.

Comment

Originally posted by beermantm View Post
      Hey Q-Unit

The Romans didn't have Nuclear bombs!! They didn't make it to space. Comparing the two is like apples to snow tires. It doesn't even make sense to make the comparison.
      Yeah you're right. I was looking from the point of government-wise (the Republic part not the Caesars Part lol), and other aspects. It can be said most of our inspiration in terms of philosophy when building this country and its constitution came from Britain and Rome.

This is sidetracking, but we aren't the only ones with nuclear bombs, we aren't the only ones to make it to space, heck we weren't even the FIRST!

My point or my thought was when including the Romans was that the Roman Republic lasted 500 years, and overall 2,800 YEARS of existence. In the wide span scope of human civilization, the American Civilization dwarfs the Romans by comparison, when you're just discussing the existence, I realize the two are like comparing apples to snow tires as you so put it LOL. The American civilization or better the American Republic is only essentially 232 years old!

I just wanted to point out that though its less likely that American civilization will collapse, if it were to do so, in the grand scheme of human existence, the world will go on!

The Romans had their own problems, and being the only "superpower" and hub of civilization, they were ripe for collapse and/or turmoil, but again in terms of us, this brings up the point that we are stupendously arrogant. While the Romans were really the only big dog on the block and the central base in terms of everything from culture, education, technology to commerce, it is not so in todays world. America may be the big dog for now on the block, or would like to think so, but there are vast other countries who are on par in terms of culture, education, technology, and commerce and whatever else that is relative.

I realize we are talking about domestic issues and a few foreign ones as well, but the mood of everyone seems almost apocalyptic. It would definitely suck to see America go down the toilet, like She seems to be headed that way, but geez have we not seen (better yet) read about worst throughout our still freaking young history? We have rebound before, and hopefully we will rebound!

Beerman just clarifying my earlier point, though I try to make it comprehensible I am stupid enough to type some drivel as well :thumbs:
      Last edited by Q-Unit; 02-21-2008, 09:44 PM.
      :hide:

"Schooly D is fat cake yo."
      -Big Pimpin-

Comment

Originally posted by Q-Unit View Post

Sorry Bo, I thought this piece was relatively funny, and interesting nonetheless, but now it actually could pass for something Bush WOULD actually say, the guy is hard headed, dumb and arrogant enough to spout such drivel

I thought it was funny as well!I agree with you on all of the above!:beerbang:

Comment

Working...
        X