Quicky Reply

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quicky Reply

Is it possible to make the quick reply always active? I've seen vBulletin forums setup like this, and it's really handy. Right now I have to click on the little icon under someone's post to activate it ... just a small pain in the ass. :D

Originally posted by rjp View Post
    Is it possible to make the quick reply always active? I've seen vBulletin forums setup like this, and it's really handy. Right now I have to click on the little icon under someone's post to activate it ... just a small pain in the ass. :D
    That's enough.
    Ban this guy again.
    I want this, I want that.
    Brutal!

LOL

Comment

Originally posted by rjp View Post
      To do a quick reply, click the button in a given message in the far lower right, 2 buttons to the right of "quote"
      可你住在有趣的时代 - May you live in interesting times.

Visit wagertracker and participate in free contests and track your picks.

Comment

I know that's what I'm saying ... I'd rather not have to click those buttons to activate quick reply ... it'd be nice to have it active by default, kinda how xbox360forum.com has it setup. 8)

Comment

It probably can be done by playing with the post templates, but I will let Kevin make that call.

Comment

Fish, your the one with the brain here. Im as dumb as two bricks clanking together. If you can make it happen and its not a pain in your arse Im good with it.

On second thought, maybe they have it like that for a reason? Maybe it confuses guys that theres two boxes there open?
            Last edited by Kevin; 03-01-2007, 10:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
              Fish, your the one with the brain here. Im as dumb as two bricks clanking together. If you can make it happen and its not a pain in your arse Im good with it.

On second thought, maybe they have it like that for a reason? Maybe it confuses guys that theres two boxes there open?
              Actually, after reading about it in the admin panel, the reason they make you click is that, if you don't click it, there is no way for the system to tell which message in a thread you are responding to.

The old forum didn't support it (not that I am aware of) - but this version supports seeing a thread in threaded view (i.e. you see who responded to what in a tree).

So - call goes back to you - I found the option to not require the click, but if we enable it, we basically make the "threaded" view not work. Personally, I would rather have threaded view, since that can make the structure of large threads make much more sense, but its your call man.:rolleyes:

Comment

Originally posted by Fish2006 View Post
                Actually, after reading about it in the admin panel, the reason they make you click is that, if you don't click it, there is no way for the system to tell which message in a thread you are responding to.

The old forum didn't support it (not that I am aware of) - but this version supports seeing a thread in threaded view (i.e. you see who responded to what in a tree).

So - call goes back to you - I found the option to not require the click, but if we enable it, we basically make the "threaded" view not work. Personally, I would rather have threaded view, since that can make the structure of large threads make much more sense, but its your call man.:rolleyes:
                I vote to keep the threaded view. I was part of a forum that used that tree BS and it was such a headache to read that I actually stopped posting there. Posts are in all sorts of different locations that it took a good 30 mins to read a thread with 20+ posts because you had to go back and forth so much.

Comment

Fish

Comment

There's a threaded view? Sweet.

Comment

Look for "display modes" at the top of the thread (in the menus). It defaults to linear, but you can change it to threaded if you are into that kind of thing.

Comment

That's not my sort of thing, but it makes the 'click a button before you can quick reply' thing make more sense.

Comment

Working...
                        X