X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 800 Dogs found in mobile home

800 Dogs
    Seized From Mobile Home

TUCSON, Ariz. (March 12) - About 800 small dogs, including Chihuahuas, terriers and Pomeranians, were seized from a triple-wide mobile home whose occupants were overwhelmed trying to care for the animals, authorities said Wednesday.

Pima County sheriff's deputies and animal welfare officials who removed the dogs also found 82 caged parrots in the home in a rural area northwest of Tucson.

Some dogs were pregnant and giving birth as they were taken to shelters in Tucson, said Jenny Rose, a spokeswoman for the Humane Society of Southern Arizona. Ninety-six dogs were taken from the house Monday and another 700 on Wednesday, she said.

"The home was definitely in very bad condition, urine and feces all over the home, in the kitchen and bedroom, with a very strong odor," she said. "Obviously, 800 dogs in a triple-wide mobile home, they were packed in there. That being said, they were in pretty good shape."

The elderly owners, who have not been identified, were apparently overwhelmed but have cooperated with authorities, sheriff's Sgt. James Ogden said. No charges have been filed, but authorities continue to investigate.

They Were
    Packed in There'

The owners were breeding the dogs, including Chihuahuas, Chinese cresteds, Lhasa apsos, terriers and Pomeranians, and offering them for sale. Authorities believe the owners may be "hoarders," a psychological affliction in which people are unable to part with certain objects.

An animal rescue group from Phoenix took 100 of the dogs and plans to offer them for adoption

:nuts:

Well all the dogs looked ok. But that smell god I dont know how they stood it. At least they did not mistreat them. I heard all where feed and they fed the dogs before they bought food for them. I liked that quote they thought they where hoarders............:laughing: you think so huh
    NFL 2-0. Week 1
    Nfl 2-2week 2

Comment

WOW is it just me or do they all look like Puppies???? 800 puppies multiplied by 500 is 400,000. Something smells funny to me Lucy!
      "First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."

Comment

Working...
      X