Things You Hate While Watching Your Game

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things You Hate While Watching Your Game

Just need to get these things off my chest because it has been getting worse. In no order, please feel free to add.

1) Watching it with someone who has no idea what they are talking about, but insist on "teaching" me about the game. I prefer the only sound heard be comming from the television or myself. I try to avoid this situation at all costs.

2) Long time no speak relative/friend calling in a critical point of the game (I could swear they are watching the same thing and decide to call that very minute). This gets me almost everytime.

3) My girlfriend getting mad at me about something and decides to cheer for the OPPOSING team. Ladies, go against your mans team. Nothing pisses him off more than that!!!

4) When someone asks a million rookie gambling questions DURING the game I have action on. This isn't a classroom damnit!!!

5) Finally taking the time to explain certain things (basic things like point spreads, money lines, etc.) to the person asking a billion questions and that person not even caring anymore. What the hell did you ask me for then?!?!!!

6) Someone telling me about someone they know, who knows someone, whos cousin also plays the books. Then mixing it in with their favorite team being the team that won it all last year, which will change depending on who wins it next.

7) Watching it with the "once in a blue moon" gambler who thinks that betting on any favorite is a "rip off".

8) This has nothing to do with sports but I hate people who eat at the poker table!!! Sorry everyone, but that's just disgusting. Stop greasing up the cards azzhole...

9) Before the game starts, the person insisting and non-stop begging that I call my bookie and double my bet becasue they "want in". Not granting their wish, winning my bet, and have them bitch at me like I made them lose money.

That's all I have for now. I will come up with #10 later. Wow, I feel much better now :glass:

Anyone else have any peeves?

i hate it when somebody knows you have money riding on the game and they spend the entire game talking about how they cant believe you put money on whichever team you did....if there such experts, why didnt they place there own wager!!

Comment

When the announcer talks about a game being an upset but the team was actually favored.

Comment

Watching a game, especially with Dicky V, when he is liking the team that is going against the team you bet on....commentary is so one sided, it pisses you off just watching the game lol

Comment

Kids!!!!! Always someone elses!!! who believe that game time means it's time for them to entertain you, in front of the TV, and those wonderful parents who say, "Isn't that so cute"?

And while we're on the subject of Kids, I've heard this at least a dozen times.... I know that the game is starting now, don't worry, there's only about 45 minutes left on the "My Little Pony" DVD that the kids are watching.
          :bitching:
          "A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson

Comment

By the way, I love kids....as long as they realize that that there is a three foot wide "KILL" zone between me and the TV that they will never penetrate, we'll just get along fine!!
            "A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson

Comment

I know this doesn’t really fit into the discussion, but I hate it when commentary is completely one sided….especially here in buffalo, I hate it when we are playing the new England patriots, and clowns like Dan Dierdorf are praising Tom Brady and tedy bruschi for tying there dam shoes….

Comment

Know it all playing a parlay!

Having someone that plays a $5 parlay misses it by one game then becomes an expert! He just can't figure out that he still lost!!!! Then after the game it's I told you so! Hell I can pick em after the game too!!!! If you know so much put your money out there at the beginning of the game!!!!!!

Sorry about all the !!!! I just got a little excited!!!
                From one beer lover to another! Strohs Beer!

Lost all control of my record!! It's a new year Let's see if I can do better! :drunk:

Comment

When I take my wife to a sporting event it never fails: she starts to ask about the rules and what's going on to show interest, which I appreciate, but we all know she doesn't give a ****! ;)

Comment

Originally posted by vazman05 View Post
                    i hate it when somebody knows you have money riding on the game and they spend the entire game talking about how they cant believe you put money on whichever team you did....if there such experts, why didnt they place there own wager!!
                    you nailed that one! Thats happened wayyyyyyyy too often!
                    2010 NFL Football

1-0 +$1,000

2010 NCAA Football

1-0 +$1,500

Soccer

68-16 +$18,429.12

2010 WORLD CUP

25-10 +$17,964.62

Comment

A few from me:

1) Watching it with someone and them insisting that you bet on it after your favorite team loses. Just because they're my favorite team doesn't mean I lay bank on them every time they trot out there.

2) I agree on the person calling you dumb for betting on a game after it's over. They usually say "You're such an idiot, that was so obvious!" If it was so MF'n obvious, why wasn't your action on the other side?

3) This applies to everyday life, not just watching the game, but people who are grown men that still don't understand how a point spread works. The + means they are GETTING POINTS and the - means they are LAYING POINTS, how FK'N hard is that to grasp? I knew what the hell these things meant when I was 12 years old and some grown men still can't grasp the concept.

4) The person who asks you for advice on a game, places the bet, and then gets furious at you for picking the wrong side. This is a main reason I don't give close friends advice anymore, because I'm not about to lose a good friend over a $100 bet or something insane like that. Don't get mad at me because you can't pick your own games.

5) People who purposely root against you and/or rub it in when your team loses. The sting of losing hurts bad enough, I don't need some know-it-all clown rubbing it in. This is more for the sports bar type atmosphere when there are drunk idiots that still think a player is a god if he is featured on ESPN and don't have a mind of their own.

6) (LMAO, I just can't stay away, everytime I click out of here I think of a new one). People who don't gamble but are absolutely enthralled with your every bet. They are always asking you who you're on, how much you bet, etc. I don't do it to entertain you, I do it because it's a hobby of mine and none of your business.
                      There's more, but I just got really angry listing those LMAO :nuts:
                      Last edited by NittanyLions94; 03-02-2007, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NittanyLions94 View Post
                        A few from me:

3) This applies to everyday life, not just watching the game, but people who are grown men that still don't understand how a point spread works. The + means they are GETTING POINTS and the - means they are LAYING POINTS, how FK'N hard is that to grasp? I knew what the hell these things meant when I was 12 years old and some grown men still can't grasp the concept.

There's more, but I just got really angry listing those LMAO :nuts:
                        LMAO Nittany! I love it when they ask the same question week after week!!!
                        Why the hell are they gambling!!!! LMFAO!

Oh Oh!! I have one more! The good friend who calls you to have you put a bet in for em and they just tell you to put the same in that you have!! Hell he doesn't even know what I'm betting on!!!!! It's real hard not to tell him I lost when I hit!! I guess just too honest.
                        From one beer lover to another! Strohs Beer!

Lost all control of my record!! It's a new year Let's see if I can do better! :drunk:

Comment

When the wife is pissed at me and says "I hope you lose"

Oh man, talk about a janx. 1-200 all time when she throws the hex on me.

Comment

Thank God for Tivo....cause I used to hate having to run down the hallway to drain the main vein, it was shorter to just run out on the porch....LMAO

What do I hate now....
                            Women who try and talk over the play by play
                            Same as S&B...kids who violate the no fly zone
                            and replays 60 times over on the same play, get over it, it happened already!:nuts:
                            Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

A woman who brings me an unopened beer
                              Violence Rules The Day

Comment

Working...
                              X