Possible Yankee Stadium/NYC Trip...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible Yankee Stadium/NYC Trip...

Hey Guys, I was planning on a trip to NYC from July 2 to July 4, mainly to catch a Yankees Red Sox game, and make my first, and most likely last trip to Yankee Stadium. I was looking at hotels, and that seems to be the costliest part of the trip. I wouldn’t mind taking the subway, or a cab to get around the city if I can find a hotel that’s on the outskirts, maybe ten miles or so from Penn Station, which is right by MSG. I would be taking the bus from Buffalo, and to NYC it would only cost me $22 round trip on the discounted Mega Bus line. I have been searching online on a bunch of sites looking for hotel deals, but not having much luck finding anything under $146 a night.

If anyone has any suggestions or sites that are good for cheaper hotels, I would appreciate the help. I would be getting to NYC early morning on July 2 and leaving late July 4. I would be going to the July 3 Yanks game, giving me almost two whole days to go around and enjoy the city. Thanks Guys!

Dude, it's NYC and on a holiday. You're not getting anything cheaper than $146 and wherever you found that I'm guessing it's a roach infested slum of a building. If you think there are hotels in NYC that are only like $69-79 a night, my guess would be absolutely not. Also, going ten miles in NYC via taxi could take about 3 hours and cost you a small fortune.

You need to entirely rethink your plan if your goal is saving some money IMHO.

Comment

But, Cuse the Buffalo Motel 6 only costs $39!!

lol...I was thinking the same thing...$146 for NYC? Snap that up quick! I just booked my hotel for Grey Cup in Montreal this November for $150 per night, and NYC is usually double anything in Canadian big cities like Toronto or Montreal...

Comment

It was the Hotel Pennsylvania, so its not the greatest, but its not a slum hotel either.. I have never been there, so was just wondering...thanks anyways though

Comment

Looks good...I say do it :beerbang:

But a Red Sox/Yankees game.....what do you cheer for? Injuries? :laughing:

Comment

Originally posted by CuseFan10 View Post
            Dude, it's NYC and on a holiday. You're not getting anything cheaper than $146 and wherever you found that I'm guessing it's a roach infested slum of a building. If you think there are hotels in NYC that are only like $69-79 a night, my guess would be absolutely not. Also, going ten miles in NYC via taxi could take about 3 hours and cost you a small fortune.

You need to entirely rethink your plan if your goal is saving some money IMHO.
            I was just trying to see if thats the best I could do.. that price was after the AAA discount, the rooms usually go for $199, so I wasnt complaining about the price, after searching further, that seems like the best option.... its directly across Penn Station and its the 4th largest hotel in Manhattan, and its centrally located to a lot of attractions like Macy's, the Empire State Building, Times Square and the Jacob Javits Center.

Comment

GO TO:

HOTEL SEARCH

adjust the price, miles from landmark, search price low to high, etc... there are cheaper hotels available.. Hotel Penn. is only a 2star. GL & Enjoy :beerbang:

Comment

I knew homedawg would come in with something!!!! The location of the Hotel Penn makes it probably worth it in itself though (especially if you've never been to "the big city"). All he has to do is cross the street and get on the subway.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
                  Looks good...I say do it :beerbang:

But a Red Sox/Yankees game.....what do you cheer for? Injuries? :laughing:
                  :laughing:

I'm with ya there :thumbs:

Comment

Originally posted by CuseFan10 View Post
                    I knew homedawg would come in with something!!!! The location of the Hotel Penn makes it probably worth it in itself though (especially if you've never been to "the big city"). All he has to do is cross the street and get on the subway.

:beer2:

No ****, Ive stayed at $300.00 a night, 5 star hotels for $90.00 a night. Hotwire, plug in your information(days to stay, 5stars only, etc..) and they go searching. You dont know the hotel until you pay, but I have never been disappointed!

Comment

Working...
                    X