CBSSportsline

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CBSSportsline

Is anyone else having trouble accessing thier site. I have not been able to get on at work since the beginning of the NCAA tournament. It will search and then take me to the MSN search page. Every other site I use I can still access. Any suggestions?

Is it saved in favorites?

Been Working For Me

NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, NCAA, Fantasy Sports and more: CBS SportsLine.com

Comment

try sportsline.com

or cbs.sportsline.com

Comment

Yeah, I have tried all of them. When I click on the error message I get this:

If you are trying to reach a secure site, make sure your Security settings can support it. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section and check settings for SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, PCT 1.0.

My setting does not check the TLS 1.0 box so I assume that is my problem. Unfortuneately I can not edit my settings :(

Comment

its also in my favorites and i can get on.

Comment

No problems here Jerbeek...
            Sounds like you might have a "can't view this from work" issue
            If it ain't fun, don't do it!

Comment

The weird thing is that I can view all other gambling sites and offshore books but CBS is blocked. It really sucks because that is where my fantasy baseball teams are.

Comment

How to disable PCT 1.0, SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, or TLS 1.0 in Internet Information Services

Comment

I would only panic if you have a draft this thursday at 6pm.. OH, that's right you do!! :bang:
                  I'm sure the Auto-Draft will be just fine for you.

actually, no problems for me either
                  "A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson

Comment

Method 2
                    If the Web server that you visit does not support TLS 1.0, you must disable the system policy that requires FIPS compliant algorithms. To do this, follow these steps:
                    1. In Control Panel, click Administrative Tools, and then double-click Local Security Policy.

2. In Local Security Settings, expand Local Policies, and then click Security Options.

3. Under Policy in the right pane, double-click System cryptography: Use FIPS compliant algorithms for encryption, hashing, and signing, and then click Disabled.

Comment

No fear S&B, I can get on at home.

The problem is I can't adjust my work settings so I think I am screwed!

Comment

Try accessing cbssports line by just typing in their IP number.

Instead of "http://www.cbssportsline.com"

put

"http://www.IP number here.com"

I've heard in the past that this works to get around websites that are firewalled or blocked by employers, although I've never tried it.

Problem is that I don't know their IP number, or how to get it....however, I'm sure it's possible to find, and probably someone here does know how.

Just thought it might be worth a try

Comment

actually, now that I think about it, I don't think you even need the http://www part, or the .com part

You could just type 180.92.08.211 (assuming that was their IP number, which it's not) in the address bar of your browser and it should work....i think.

Comment

Originally posted by Stifler's Mom View Post
                            actually, now that I think about it, I don't think you even need the http://www part, or the .com part

You could just type 180.92.08.211 (assuming that was their IP number, which it's not) in the address bar of your browser and it should work....i think.
                            Good thinking, wouldn't have have thought of this.

Type this IP in the address bar: 64.30.236.34

Comment

How'd you get that number? I'm sure it's easy to find, I just wasn't sure how to go about it.

Just a little something that could be possibly useful in the future if i knew how to do it. :beerbang:

Comment

Working...
                              X