Tiger Woods

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tiger Woods

The most clutch athlete ever to play a sport? No doubt in my mind! I have never been a Tiger fan! I never liked his father and all the "messiah" forethoughts he would mention in any given interview! I think he played up his knee injury and any other injury he has to endure in his career!

...and I still can't watch a tournament without him being in the field! LOL!

What does this guy have to deliver every single time in the most pressure filled situations? I played golf with a friend today who called his clutch strokes "magic...almost spooky to a point of disbelief!" I don't believe in magic or any of that bull****...but it has got me thinking! Will this guy ever miss a clutch par/birdie putt?

If there is another athlete more clutch than Tiger? I would like to know your opinions! Jack Nicklaus? Michael Jordan? Roger federer? It's going to be a tough argument either way but I just don't see how they compare to Tiger's excellence in pressure situatuions!

This is not about his dominance or how he intimidates every player that crosses his path...it's about how he never seems to miss!

How long can something like this last?
    White crushed Americans need weird energy - Robert Pollard

Rafael Nadal just on clay? :beerbang: :beerbang:
    ****all plays 4.4 units to win 4 units unless otherwise noted****

NBA 20-22 -16.8 units
    NHL 1-0 +4.0 units
    MLB 0-1 -4.8 units
    CFB 12-6-1 +21.6 units

Comment

Originally posted by dananderson32 View Post
      Rafael Nadal just on clay? :beerbang: :beerbang:
      Haha that's great! :beer2:
      White crushed Americans need weird energy - Robert Pollard

Comment

No wonder I hate South African golfers....especially the privileged one Reteif Goosen:

Retief Goosen adds insult to injury after claim Tiger Woods exaggerated the pain
        Kevin Eason, Sports News Correspondent

Retief Goosen, twice a winner of the US Open, was at the centre of a storm last night that could cloud next month’s Open Championship after he appeared to accuse Tiger Woods of play-acting. The world No 1 won an epic US Open on Monday, only nine weeks after surgery to his left knee, often wincing with pain and limping around the spectacular Torrey Pines course near San Diego, California.

He is consulting doctors about whether he will be fit to play in the Open at Royal Birkdale, but even though Woods appeared to suffer while he laboured over five days to overcome Rocco Mediate, a 45-year-old fellow American, it seems that there may have been some suspicion in the locker-room that Woods was exaggerating his problem to gain the sympathy of an adoring audience.

Goosen was in the field at Torrey Pines, finishing in a tie for fourteenth, but when asked whether he believed that Woods was faking the extent of his pain, he said: “I think so. It just seemed that when he hit a bad shot his knee was in pain and on his good shots he wasn’t in pain. You see when he made the putts and he went down on his knees and was shouting, ‘Yeah’, his knee wasn’t sore. Nobody really knows if he was just showing off or if he was really injured. I believe if he was really injured, he would not have played.”

The South African was trying to soften the impact of his remarks last night, although he did not attempt to retract them, merely implying that he was not being serious. When approached by The Times on the eve of the BMW International Open in Munich, Goosen said: “I was being light-hearted. No one but Tiger himself knows how badly hurt he was. But if he was really badly hurt, he would have withdrawn, wouldn’t he?”

Goosen’s comments caused embarrassment at IMG, the management group that looks after the interests of both golfers, which would not make an official statement last night, but suggested that the South African’s remarks may have been misconstrued.

AND WHEN TIGER RETURNS HE'LL KICK GOOSEN'S ASS PER USUAL!!! CHECK OUT THE VIDEO RETEIF....I TIVOED IT! HE DOES GRIMACE WHEN HE HITS GOOD SHOTS, AND WHEN HE DROPPED TO HIS KNEES THE ONE TIME HE DID SO, HE TOOK THE STRESS OFF HIS LEFT KNEE BY FALLING ON HIS RIGHT ONE....STOOPID!!!:bang:
        Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

Working...
        X