Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $10,000 Halibut

:eeek:

The Seward Small Boat Harbor was abuzz the evening of June 24 as Tim Berg of Soldotna presented his 319.6 pound hum-dinger at the official weigh-in station.

Caught aboard the Grande Alaska, this behemoth has set a new high for the tournament, raising hopes for the appearance of more trophies in the days to come. Reportedly teased onto the vessel using 40-lb test and salmon gear, the catch is a testament to Seward fishing at its best.

Christopher Lafe of Wasilla now holds second with his 178-lb treasure, caught with Glacier Fishing Charters, and Jared Funk, of Auburn, New York, falls to third with his 173.7-pounder caught aboard Crackerjack Sportfishing Charters’ Crackerjack Voyager.

The 2008 Seward Halibut Tournament runs through June. The angler with the heaviest catch nets $10,000, with a $5,000 and $2,500 2nd and 3rd place prizes. In addition, , the angler bringing in the heaviest fish daily catch wins a seat on a June 2009 Seward-based halibut charter.

I think this is a L L L LOCK.....:hugegrin: Holy Mackeral !!!
    Either Black or Red...

Comment

:thumbs: last years winner was 251lbs. although the largest ever caught up there exceeded 350lbs.

Fire up the grill and invite as many as you can, halibut for dinner! :beer2:

Comment

daaaaaaaaaamn

can you imagine if you were just underwater and you saw that thing, knowing my ass I'd think it was a shark and shyt my pants right there! lol
        :hide:

"Schooly D is fat cake yo."
        -Big Pimpin-

Comment

So tasty with touch of lemon and some tartar sauce! MMMMM MMMMM

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
            So tasty with touch of lemon and some tartar sauce! MMMMM MMMMM
            :ohman: Marinate for a couple hours in--> olive oil, lemon, dijon mustard, & tarragon, then grill & enjoy! :beer2:

Comment

Working...
            X