HELP PLEASE - Sony LCD Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP PLEASE - Sony LCD Question

So I'm cleaning behind my TV today and there's a ****load of FLUID leaking from it. Anyone know what the hell it could be? I just called the fine people at Sony and one lady said, "Wow, that's a new one" and the other lady directed me to local service companies which I could have done via phone book.

The fluid is watery and clear with no odor but seems to be staining a whitish color. It's leaking from the back left side of my TV on the opposite side of the fan. The other day the TV wouldn't turn off so I had to unplug it and I also have a black spot in the bottom left of the TV. The only person to venture a guess was my brother who in a very Cuse-like, wise-ass tone said "Well, LCD does stand for Liquid Crystal"......

Thoughts? I'm hoping the TV isn't ****ed and that it's not gonna be like hundreds of dollars to fix this, but I'm not overly optimistic since it seems to be a weird problem.

Thanks

It sounds like the CCFL tube broke and leaked chemicals out. Those things have mercury and other crap in them. Need to check with a repair man and Sony is lying about that's a new one. They get thousands of calls like this everyday, they dont want a goverment recall.
    NFL 2-0. Week 1
    Nfl 2-2week 2

Comment

Originally posted by CuseFan10 View Post
      Liquid Crystal"......
      :thumbs: Try opening it up, & trace the leak. Be careful, supposedly there is Mercury inside!
      :beer2:

Comment

Thank you Queen and HD, now I won't sound like a complete tool when I call the repair guys tomorrow. Any guess on the cost of fixing it?

Comment

What's the verdict? The more I thought about it, the more I thought it wasn't from your tv. The screen would have gone dark!

Comment

The screen did go dark in a very small place. Called Sony bitch and moaned about it being a piece of **** and will never buy their products again if a 2K tv dies after less than 2.5 years and am working on getting them to fix it for free hopefully. Sad it leaked and ruined the floor and stained everything and blah blah blah... Have to call another supervisor tomorrow when I have time.

Comment

I meant the whole screen going dark! Not pitch black dark, dim, darker than normal, like when you dim the overhead lights, when you are ready to get your groove on!

Comment

So I'm cleaning behind my TV today and there's a ****load of FLUID leaking from it.
                did you find any shipping receipts for HGH addressed to R. Clemens? :beerbang:

lol sorry Cuse just poking some fun, hope you get it resolved though :thumbs:

I hope to have a LCD TV in 10 years or so :laughing:
                :hide:

"Schooly D is fat cake yo."
                -Big Pimpin-

Comment

Called Sony bitch and moaned about it being a piece of **** and will never buy their products again if a 2K tv dies after less than 2.5 years and am working on getting them to fix it for free hopefully. Sad it leaked and ruined the floor and stained everything and blah blah blah... Have to call another supervisor tomorrow when I have time.
                  Dont forget to add, ever since this tv leaked, that you now have:

Impairment of the peripheral vision
                  Disturbances in sensations
                  Lack of coordination of movements, such as writing
                  Impairment of speech, hearing, walking;
                  Muscle weakness
                  Skin rashes
                  Mood swing
                  Memory loss
                  Mental disturbance

:beer2:

Comment

Wow...that's pretty ****ed up. Would like to know how it turned out. Really like the idea of a subtle hint of a pending medical lawsuit!
                    If a guy doesn't have any gamble in him, he ain't worth a crap - Evel Knievel
                    What's done in the dark will be brought to the light -Johnny Cash

Comment

Yeah so what happen??? :dunno:
                      "First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."

Comment

Does a mercury spill, cause loss of memory? :dunno:

Comment

The TV technician from Sony comes and re-hooks up the TV after it's explained to him what happened. The TV works fine, nothing wrong whatsoever. Black spots gone, picture quality fine, etc etc... He performed every check known to man on this television and nothing at all was even slightly off. He basically looked at me like I was ******* crazy and walked out. He saw the stains all over the floor, and still swore that there's no fluid at all in that television and that "liquid crystal" is just the name and there's no way on Earth any fluid was leaking from the television even though judging by the stains and it's blatantly obvious the TV leaked something since there's NOTHING anywhere around that TV that could have leaked... It's even on the top of my TiVo whatever it was.

IDK :dunno:

Comment

Alrighty then, now that my assumption seems to be correct, my next question for you:

Do You have a pet monkey?

:conf:

Comment

Wow...that's messed up...too weird. This kind of sounds like a UFO sighting. Sure, Cuse, sure....your TV 'leaked'. :sm:
                              If a guy doesn't have any gamble in him, he ain't worth a crap - Evel Knievel
                              What's done in the dark will be brought to the light -Johnny Cash

Comment

Working...
                              X