A big, huge DOAH - What a country!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A big, huge DOAH - What a country!!!!

So, here's my day. Been ripping apart my buddy's house for a remodel all week and heading to the town dump for obvious reasons in another friend's pickup. We get there and unload the truck. Okay, fine. I ask him if they accept tile or do we have to bring it to the county dump? He looks at me, says. "Sure, just bring it if it's not a lot." I say, "It's not, 3-4 bags at most, thanks." Second trip there, we lose a HUGE piece of carpet out of the back of the truck on the highway, and on the way back it's gone, so I'll probably somehow get a $250 littering ticket because the dump has my I.D. if a cop picked it up... ******* sweet. Anyway, third time there the guy goes, "Is this truck registered in this town?". My buddy driving says, "No, I live Point Pleasant (next town over)." Guy goes, "Well, I technically can't let you dump that here then because by new law if your truck isn't registered in this town it's now technically illegal." Dumbfounded that I'm not allowed to use MY OWN town's dump where I've lived for 27 years (except college) I say, "Are you kidding me? I live in this town, I just don't have a truck to use so had to use my friends. What's the difference where the truck is registered if I gave you valid identification that I live here?" (which I did the first time). He says, "I don't know, it's the NEW LAW." Now, thankfully the guy was nice enough to let us unload the last of what we had, but how ******* RIDICULOUS is this country and the insane laws?

Then, I get home now and go to look at the lines from my local and notice the website is nowhere to be found. My first instinct is, "Holy ****, this computer is such a piece of ****!", but then I glance at the newspaper beside me..... BAMMMMM!

APP.COM - UPDATE: 47 arrested in international sports gambling ring bust | Asbury Park Press Online

:bang:

Now, not only can I not place a friendly wager if I want, but there are also restrictions in my own town on how, when, and where I can dump my trash.

America America, God shed his grace on theeee.......

:thumbs:

Comment

What was the url of the online site?

Comment

Kev - I found out my "guy" didn't get in trouble, but took his down for obvious reasons. Seems the ones who did were caught through tons of phone taps and the internet sites running through Costa Rica, or whatever it said. Sounds like it was a pretty big operation, so sucks for them.

How come you ask about the URL (not that I question your motives whatsoever)? Email me if you'd like on the matter. Seems the "ring" that got caught was one of the big time ones in NJ from people I've heard. A couple guys I know had accounts with them. A "guy" I used to use from Staten Island and NJ got nailed about 3 years ago too.

Comment

That is NJ for you:bang:
          NFL 0-0 +0.00units

NCAAF 8-10 -9.20units

Comment

I'm glad my local isn't that big time and should be around for awhile.

But if the bassard ever turns me down on another ML parlay, I may just turn his ass in.

Comment

They busted a guy in NY City too (former NYC cop was "kingpin"). Seems the one is NJ may have been tied to organized crime (which my guy is def not, haha) and that's why the went after them so hard. They seized 30+ weapons and the douchebag lived right on the inlet here and didn't even have a day job yet had a 28 foot powerboat and house on the water.

******* brilliant. The nailed these guys for everything in the book from money laundering to receiving illegal bets to failure to blah blah blah, max 25 year sentence in jail (not that that will happen but still).

Comment

I just don't get why they crack down on this kind of stuff? What in the hell is wrong with a guy placing some money on a few games. What harm is there in that? Ok, I know some argue that he's gambling baby's dinner...but come on...

Let a guy be a guy for crying out loud. It's legal in about every other civilized country!!!
                If a guy doesn't have any gamble in him, he ain't worth a crap - Evel Knievel
                What's done in the dark will be brought to the light -Johnny Cash

Comment

Working...
                X