***Paging JML***

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ***Paging JML***

Or anyone in or familiar with the Toronto area...

Looking to spend a couple days in Toronto Nov 2-3. Monday Nov 3rd is my 1 year anniversary, but given time restraints we only have the 2nd & 3rd to celebrate. Monday one of her favorite artists is at the Air Canada Centre, so I'm thinking of getting a hotel for Sunday night, then leaving monday after the show. I was wondering if you had any recommendations for a hotel & a restaurant. Preferably something with fish/vegetable selections for my non-carniverous wife. Don't care too much about any extras in the hotel, but looking for something with either a nice restaurant inside or within walking distance of some fine dining. Was looking & the Westin Harbour Castle looks nice, seems like a nice view & close to the Centre. Pretty short notice but I'm looking to get this all finalized in the next couple days so as to avoid looking like a jack ass :hide:
    Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Feist fan, eh?

Westin Harbour would be a good choice, as it is right by the waterfront (Queens Quay) overlooking Toronto Island, with some cool walkways and usually some weekend stuff going on, and it is also fairly close to the downtown core (just north), Rogers Centre, ACC, downtown restaurants, etc. It's a little bit of a walk, but not bad.

You won't have a problem finding a place to eat, as there are TONS of good places around the ACC/Rogers Centre. Just walk around Front Street near the stadiums, for more traditional bar/lounge/restaurant types or walk a little more East by King/John Streets, and there are 10-15 funky little restaurants that are a bit "hipper" and maybe more of a romantic atmosphere. Wayne Gretzky's restaurant/Bar is around there too, but I doubt you'll take her there...lol.

MY recomendation would be to book into the Fairmont Royal York hotel on Front Street right by the ACC. It's widely considered the downtown weekend getaway hotel, and is quite beautiful. Perfect location too. She would be impressed, but not sure if it's more expensive than the Weston Harbour. Even if you don't stay there, a good recomendation would be to go to their lounge before or after the show for some cocktails, as the room is very nice, and a short walk to the stadium.
    Toronto Hotels: The Fairmont Royal York Hotel in Toronto, Canada

I don't go to many seafood restaurants, but one downtown that I hear is good is Starfish, but I think it's a little northeast...but cabs are plentiful and cheap. Starfish Oysterbed & Grill

Lemme know if you need any more info...but the Royal York/Starfish combo would be instant panty remover...lol!
    Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 10-24-2008, 04:18 PM.

Comment

Awesome JML, thanks a bunch! Hotel looks like a perfect choice, I'm booking it! Restaurant also looks like a great choice, right up our alley. Thanks for the quick response :thumbs:

Comment

No Prob....have fun :thumbs:

Comment

screw dinner....take her to a strip joint....nothing says happy anniversary more than buying your chick a skank to dance topless for her.....:thumbs:
          I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
            screw dinner....take her to a strip joint....nothing says happy anniversary more than buying your chick a skank to dance topless for her.....:thumbs:
            :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang:
            ****all plays 4.4 units to win 4 units unless otherwise noted****

NBA 20-22 -16.8 units
            NHL 1-0 +4.0 units
            MLB 0-1 -4.8 units
            CFB 12-6-1 +21.6 units

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
              Good point. Brass Rail it is

Comment

Thanks again for the recommendations JML. We ended up passing on the Feist concert (wife was a bit hungover) so we came home this afternoon. The Royal York was a hit big time- Nice room & overall great hotel, my wife dug the Library bar. Quick cab ride to Starfish, which was nice (except for the smoked sturgeon appetizer hehe). Definitely what I was looking for, we'll definitely be staying @ the Royal York next time we visit! :thx:

Comment

Glad to hear :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                  X