Dont Try This At Home...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dont Try This At Home...

I Have A 2Year Old, "SELF CLEANING" (NOT) Digital Gas Oven, With All The "Bells & Whistles"

I Love To Cook, Full Course Chef Style. The Other Day, I Was Cooking A Prime Rib, And There Was Excessive Smoke Rollin' Out Of The Oven. That's When I Came Up With The Great Idea To Clean Dat Biatch!

Well Today, I Get Me A Couple Cans Of Heavy Duty "Easy Off" (NOT) Oven Cleaner. Take A Look At The Directions (Which I Normally Don't Do) The Directions Read: Spray It On, Wait 2 Hours, Wipe It Clean.

I Think, No Problem, I Am Ready To Take Care Of This ****! (Seems Like, I Can Even Put On My Best Suit For The Occasion If I Wanted To)

So I Spray Away, And Spray, And Spray, Empty A Can Or 2, Then Close The Oven...

Couple Hours & Few Beers Later, I Go Back, Open The Door, And Start Wiping...

No F'n Way, Dat **** Aint Comin' Clean!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Time To Head To The Toolbox, Pull Me Out Some Steel Wool, Wire Brushes, Scrapers etc...I Was Even Tempted To Grab The Air Chisel...

Finally, After 2 Hours, Dat Oven Is Clean (I Can Even See My Reflection In It)

Only Problem Now, The Rest Of The Kitchen Looks Like, Someone Changed All The Fluids, In My Truck In It, Without Using A Drain Pan...

Never Again! Next Time It Smokes, Its On The Curb!

:toss:

I Feel Better Now, Time For Another Beer.... :drunk:

LMAO you should have used a die grinder :beerbang:
    NFL 0-0 +0.00units

NCAAF 8-10 -9.20units

Comment

Cheer up Dawg....I came home one night after dark about 10Pm and there sat my wife and kids on the front porch. Seems the fire dept. came to our house after a neighbor saw smoke billowing from the kitchen windows....my wife didn't clean up the over spillage in the bottom of the oven and simply turned on the oven cleaning button which locks the door and superheats the oven to disintegrate the junk on the bottom. But, there was too much stuff down there and it just started to burn....LMAO

Self cleaning ovens...who need them.....:bang:
      Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

Originally posted by birdsfan5 View Post
        LMAO you should have used a die grinder :beerbang:

Thought About It, But, I Was Under The Influence :beer2:

Comment

HD know what you're talking about!

When ever I do the prime rib I have to pull the batteries out of the smoke alarm!! LMAO!! I'm with Joepa the self cleaning thing is somewhat of a farce!

The wifey has started buying heavy duty aluminum...don't skimp by the reynolds wrap...and she now lines the bottom! nice easy cleanup!
          From one beer lover to another! Strohs Beer!

Lost all control of my record!! It's a new year Let's see if I can do better! :drunk:

Comment

Joepa, almost had the same thing happen, when my kids turned the oven on to warm it up, while there was a store packaged pie in the oven, that my wife put in there... what a mess...

Shorts, My detectors go off all the time, and the kids use to wave a towel around them, but now they just pull the batteries... not even sure they are in right now...

:guzzle:

Comment

Working...
            X