Question about locals

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about locals

What sort of charges are pressed if one is caught running an illegal gambling operation? I don't run one(I'm the guy buying his cars) but I was wondering what sort of risk these guys are messing with to get their cash.

They have busted 3 huge rings in this area in the past two weeks. 2 in NJ and 1 in NYC. The NYC one was a $30 million operation and the 2 here were in the millions (profited) as well. The guys in charge have all kinds of charges on their ass from conspiracy, to money laundering, to organized crime problems, to a littany of things. I'll see if I can dig up the article. Go to app.com (local paper here) and search the story, I'm sure it's on there.

Comment

Small time!

Hey Nitt where I'm from, small town, the locals aren't that big. Local officers turn a blind eye to it unless they receive a call....usually someones wife after he loses his whole paycheck. The ones I've known that have gotten busted paid a few grand for a decent lawyer and pretty much got off with a fine. Now their profiits were no where near millions.
      From one beer lover to another! Strohs Beer!

Lost all control of my record!! It's a new year Let's see if I can do better! :drunk:

Comment

I'm not gonna be much help either but thought I relay this story and little bit of info....

Our local guy takes in thousands of dollars each year.....when I first started playing parlays in 8th grade at a small corner grocery owned by the uncle of a friend of mine, a sheriff car pulled up outside and a deputy jumped out. He was double-parked at a traffic light. I saw him coming and took the parlay I had in hand and tossed it into the cole stove they used for heat.....the deputy came in and asked "Joe" what the line was on the Steelers/Browns game.....I nearly died and this guy was trying to get some action....LMAO

Cops all know about it but nobody has complained about it and it doesn't cause a problem so they turn a blind eye.....:beerbang:
        Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

There is a HUUUUGE difference between a local and a "local." The type of guys JoePa is talking about cops don't care about obviously. They make a few grand a year and everyone is happy (especially the cops who bet through them). The kind of guys cops go after are the ones with huge rings and ties to organized crime (generally speaking). Here's a couple quick local stories I found on these "locals". Guy is unreal, lives in multi-million dollar waterfront home with 30 foot boat, cars, and everything and has no day job!?!?!?! ******* brilliant, pal.

APP.COM - Bail set for 48 gambling defendants | Asbury Park Press Online

47 arrested in sports betting ring

Comment

I was at a Super Bowl Party

that my dude threw for all the guys who play with him and a UNIFORMED COPPER comes walking through the door. I was about to grab my jacket and high tail it for the back door and he says "you got any coffee made" to my dude . I was like "WHAT THE" .. He is just a local and not a "local" as Cuse is referring to . But the smaller the operation the less headaches for both parties for sure.
            Keep em in the hole, Down in the hole

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
            (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
            (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
            (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
            (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

like everything else, it depends how deep you are and with whom you are affiliated with. all the charges cuse dropped are doable, plus fraud if the local used cell phones, email to do business, which is a definite unless you glue a sticky to a pigeons ass.

all the locals this way gobble up real estate to hide their funds, and thats when serious laundering comes into play.

NFL: 14-12 (+7.75)

CBB: 07-08: 54-43(+11.25) RD 3-1

Comment

Originally posted by williwonka05 View Post
                that my dude threw for all the guys who play with him and a UNIFORMED COPPER comes walking through the door. I was about to grab my jacket and high tail it for the back door and he says "you got any coffee made" to my dude . I was like "WHAT THE" .. He is just a local and not a "local" as Cuse is referring to . But the smaller the operation the less headaches for both parties for sure.

Just played a $200 buy-in in a private club (around 50 players) & was invited by a buddy who books full time. Turns out 5 officers were playing, & 2 were invited by my buddy... I asked him why would he invite the fuzz, & he said coppers need action too! :chaching:
                Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Underdog88 View Post
                  Just played a $200 buy-in in a private club (around 50 players) & was invited by a buddy who books full time. Turns out 5 officers were playing, & 2 were invited by my buddy... I asked him why would he invite the fuzz, & he said coppers need action too! :chaching:
                  very TRUE

like my boss at work says in regards to woman :

IF YOU DISCRIMINATE, YOU ELIMINATE
                  Keep em in the hole, Down in the hole

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
                  (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
                  (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
                  (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
                  (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

Seems around election time,**** starts happening,alderman,committee man,mayoral,etc...elections when they have to show the voting public that they are doing thier job and should be re-elected and after that its back to normallity, they dont give a crap,you see the hookers back on the street also!!!lol.. IMO!
                    Either Black or Red...

Comment

In Va, you pretty much get probation the first time. Thats if your small time and when they bust you, they pretty much know what your making. Small, probation, big, they want a piece of the pie
                      If its fun, do it

Comment

It is so true that the many local law enforcement peeps will turn a blind eye, the group you should be scared of is the IRS, as once you get caught they will come and put the hammer down.....last year they busted one of the boys I use, who is head golf pro at a swanky club, and does this to make his $$. To say the least the IRS put the lean on him and he is now up the creek for a variety of IRS violations, the least is not reporting income..(this is the same thing that Al Capone was finally taken to alcatraz for i.e tax evasion). Word is he owes about $350k and is looking at a nice stint of about 5 years. :bang:

Comment

Thanks guys. I figured the only reason most got big charges was because a lot of the operations are through organized crime. My guy is pretty small time, a decent number of clients, but not anything in the same universe as millions of dollars.

Comment

Originally posted by NittanyLions94 View Post
                            Thanks guys. I figured the only reason most got big charges was because a lot of the operations are through organized crime. My guy is pretty small time, a decent number of clients, but not anything in the same universe as millions of dollars.
                            You'd be surprised how quickly a small time guy can get into the millions in wagers taken though. Think about Nitts, how much did you yourself lay out just on college hoops alone? Couple hundred plays (if not more) averaging around 100 a pop maybe, and from just you alone he's at $20K for one sport, one season.

**** adds up QUICKLY.

Comment

Working...
                            X